“Lovely pub for a lunchtime drink & snack”

The West Gate Public House
Ranked #243 of 587 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: European
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This pub was really light & airy inside, suitable for pretty much anyone who wants a drink & a lunchtime meal. The food was nice although there could have been more chips with the burger!

There are newer reviews for The West Gate Public House

Reviewed 9 March 2014

As the title suggests not the best roast dinner we have ever had. A previous visit had provided an ok experience so we thought we would give the pub another go. My husbands lamb shank at £11.90 looked rather good when it came out, however halfway through the middle of the lamb was frozen .... not just cold ... frozen. The only response we got from the Manager was a sorry and the offer of a free drink / desert. No refund in sight. A very disappointing experience.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We were recommended to go to 'The West Gate' by our grandson who is at university in Bath. So our grandson and his sister, together with my wife and I went there yesterday evening for a meal. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and we ordered our meals and drinks. We all enjoyed our meals. I had the fish and chips. This was very well presented on a wooden board, together with a pot of mushy peas and a pot of Tartar sauce. The fish was marvellous, and obviously very freshly caught, and the chips were great. The price for the drinks and food was very reasonable. I know that we will go to 'The West Gate' again when we next visit our grandson.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

My wife and I popped into here to grab a lunch and drink before we caught our coach trip back to London. The pub looks lovely, clean, presentable with plenty of floor staff.

The bar was a little understaffed and always had a line up. When we ordered food, no one told us of the long wait for food, so after 35 minutes of waiting we had to cancel the order and leave (We ordered a sharing platter). If you do go here, make sure that you have plenty of time. You will not get in and out of here, within an hour. I also asked for a Shandy with the cheapest larger (Its a Shandy you don't need quality stuff!) and was poured an expensive one, trying to make a quick buck of the passing tourists I assume.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I went here for the first time monday with a friend. As this was my first time i was unsure what to try, but i always think if your unsure, a good way to judge a restaurant is on their fish and chips. With the idea if its good, then likely the rest of the food will be. So i had the fish and chips, it was a generous portion with lovely chips and a real good crisp batter, i would have no problems eating here again and going for something more adventerous.