“Rude and unfriendly” 1 of 5 bubbles

The West Gate Public House
Ranked #250 of 563 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Rude and unfriendly”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I've actually enjoyed this pub on a few occasions as far as grabbing a drink goes. The customer facing staff behind the bar is always polite, and they have a good selection of drinks. However, on my last visit someone who I assume has a more managerial position was rude, far beyond any reasonable benefit of doubt. That was just not down to simply a bad day. The competition in Bath is fierce, and there are plainly too many great places to visit to bother revisiting a place with such unfriendliness. Next time I pass, I will do exactly that.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Perluccio

• Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Bath, United Kingdom
“Good lunchtime food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Went here on a Saturday afternoon had a good pint of Japanese lager and the food was excellent, I had the chicken and bacon club sandwich and my son had the steak sandwich. The food came out quickly and it was hot and tasty. Next time I am in bath I will be back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Why bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Yet again we tried another green king pub and wish we had not bothered it was supposed to be a premium pub well if its a premium pub I dread to think of what a ordinary pub is like hardly any choice for vegetarins portions small my friend had a cheese sandwhich very poor stale bread no butter and just a lump of cheese stuck in the middle my veggie burger was nice but nothing better than you could get at a fast food place staff were very strange they kept bursting into song and whistling when the food arrived that was the last we saw of the waitress we would have returned sandwich if somebody had checked back on us so we put up with it I feel they want your money and thats it well I wont be going back far nicer places to eat in bath

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Great place to come”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Was on hoilday in bath just arrived and was fed up looking at run of the mill main chains founds this place which looked nice and well priced.loved the meals great sizes amazing tastes and staff are so friendly and helpful as well defonetly come here again well recomended.

“Simply amazing... cant fault one bit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Pop into on the off chance as we where hungry and bored of looking a main stream chains and take aways, the service is more then welcome/freindly great selction of drinks and as for the food! WOW! Pub food done so well its worth a night out. Pulled pork burger was simple yet amazing in every way. Steak cooked just right. Simply good eating and wether its a pint or slap up meal, this is the place.