“A great meal for two, with a drink and side order for less than £20 - in Bath!”

The West Gate Public House
Ranked #243 of 567 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Cheap Eats, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Salisbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited the pub on 4th August. The girls behind the bar were really friendly and were genuinely interested in their customers.

The lunch menu was great and we had a drink, sandwich and side order for two with change out of £20!!!

I would highly recommend this pub to anyone visiting the city and especially as you have so many to choose from.

A great place and highly recommended.

• Visited August 2014

• Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Blenheim, New Zealand
“Lovely meal helpful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is a lovely pub with great food and very helpful staff. The toilets are worth visiting too as they gave dome really neat stone work construction.

London, United Kingdom
“Walking out with a food baby”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Visited with my partner on Wednesday around midday. Staff were very friendly and we were impressed with their wide selection of drinks. I ordered a chicken, leek and bacon pie with spring onion mash and my boyfriend had the bangers and mash with sweet potato. Both meals were 10/10 and were plenty without starters or deserts. Would highly recommend to anyone visiting Bath or even local people in the area.

London, United Kingdom
“Rude and unfriendly”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I've actually enjoyed this pub on a few occasions as far as grabbing a drink goes. The customer facing staff behind the bar is always polite, and they have a good selection of drinks. However, on my last visit someone who I assume has a more managerial position was rude, far beyond any reasonable benefit of doubt. That was just not down to simply a bad day. The competition in Bath is fierce, and there are plainly too many great places to visit to bother revisiting a place with such unfriendliness. Next time I pass, I will do exactly that.

1 Thank Perluccio
Bath, United Kingdom
“Good lunchtime food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Went here on a Saturday afternoon had a good pint of Japanese lager and the food was excellent, I had the chicken and bacon club sandwich and my son had the steak sandwich. The food came out quickly and it was hot and tasty. Next time I am in bath I will be back.