Review of Thai by the Weir

Thai by the Weir
Ranked #308 of 571 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
San Diego
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We enjoyed the Pad Thai, Sizzling Noodles, and Mee Goreng. Nice view of the Weir. Four dishes cost 43 GBP. Not bad! The iced tea was also worth trying.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Kindafonda

“Awful!”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

After many great takeaways I was happy to finally take my partner to this restaurant and enjoy their food inside. We got a great table out back with a view over the weir, and although the restaurant was almost empty it was a weeknight so I didn't think much of it. We are veggie, and although the menu lacks tofu, it makes up for it by offering veggie options with specific vegetables such as edamame, rather than the usual 'vegetables' coverall term. We picked our food based on the most exciting sounding sauce and vegetable combinations. However, when it arrived we found none of the promised vegetables and instead an assortment of overcooked broccoli and cabbage. My noodles were in one large inseparable clump, the curry sauce tasted very powdery and the veg was all soft and textureless. I wanted to return the food immediately and waited for a staff member to flag down. We waited for an hour! Eventually we got up to find a staff member, and were greeted by a waitress telling us to sit down and that she'd come to us. We waited a further twenty minutes before the bill was brought. I told her that we hadn't asked for the bill, and that I was trying to complain, and was finally sent upstairs to a lady who seemed in charge. My noodles were taken off the bill but we still paid for drinks and my partner's disappointing dish. Never again!

1 Thank Phœbe K
Southampton
“Bath can be expensive.........”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

........but yesterday (11th December 2013) we stumbled upon a very good, reasonably priced, and welcoming Thai Restaurant in a great location.

We arrived towards the end of what is normally regarded as the lunchtime period and we sampled a set menu full of variety, and certainly not lacking in the generous portions served.

The food was of a very good standard, and served by a charming and efficient waitress who could not have been more helpful.

A glass of the house red, again reasonably priced, topped off the experience, and a total bill of under £40 (ok - just over £40 including a well-deserved tip) was a pleasant surprise.

We will definitely return, and will be going the "a la carte" route next time, as we are sure that the quality of the fayre would be maintained, if not bettered, and we might not be encouraged to eat as much as we did yesterday!!

• Visited December 2013
Blackpool, U.K.
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We had a weekend in Bath looking round the christmas markets and descovered this restaurant. We enjoyed all the food we had, the steamed dumplings were tasty.We had a red Thai curry and it was one of the best I have tasted. The curry was rich and tasty the ingredients were fresh. The service was excellent and the waitresses were pleasant and helpful. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited November 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Good takeaway”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We ordered takeaway here during our short stay in Bath and found the dishes we ordered to be very tasty, although a bit oily. We were given large portions as well. Service was really friendly as well while we waited for our order. Would have been nice to dine in as the view is very pleasant. I definitely recommend giving this place a try.

• Visited September 2013