“Good quality all round”

Queensberry Hotel
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Bath
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Goof quality small hotel (31 rooms)) set in three terraces houses. About 5mins walk down the hill from the Roman Baths, Nice big room, well appointed wwith nice fittings. No internet service in room but free Wifi in bar and louge room downstairs. Slightly strange layout due the merging of 3 terraces to create the hotel. Getting from lift to the my room involved going both up and down a couple of small flights of stairs. Nice continental breakfast for GBP10 in dining room. Helpful staff. Good place.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,424)

Reviewed 3 October 2011

All six of us love this hotel. We last stayed two years ago and it is still as good. Staff help with the luggage on arrival and then park your car until you require it. The rooms are modern and well decorated, ensuite with power shower, lovely soft towels and robes provided. There is a small lift but there will still be a few stairs. The breakfasts are very good. The coffee and tea is complimentary in the lounge in the afternoons. We loved being able to sit outside in the afternoons/evenings in the quiet walled gardens. I booked in March and received emailed confirmation.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank YJP568
Reviewed 1 October 2011

The whole hotel is very understated but oozes charm and quality. The rooms are very well furnished. They make you feel like you're staying in a friend's spare room albeit one that has a sense of style and quality. A welcome change to "hotel feeling" rooms. Breakfast very good, as is the opportunity to get your shoes polished overnight at no cost. Annoyingly, you have to call to get an iron and ironing board sent to your room.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I recently made a reservation at The Queensbury Hotel based on the reviews I read. I did not receive confirmation via e-mail but was told verbally reservation was confirmed. Closer to the arrival date I e-mailed and asked for confirmation and was sent an brief e-mail assuring me I had a room reserved. Then due to a family emergency I had to cancel the reservation, three days prior to arrival. Next day I rang again and was told that I would be charged one night's stay if they could not sell my room. I was very angry and asked them to show me where they had notified me of the cancellation policy, the lady was very rude and told me it was outlined in the e-mail sent to me. Again I told her I did not receive a confirmation and she all but called me a liar. Then I received an e-mail from the Manager notifying me of the cancellation policy, but attached was the confirmation e-mail they supposedly sent me; my e-mail address was spelled incorrectly. Hmm I was not a liar after all. I pointed this out to the Manager, and nothing not an apology just "we will do our best to sell the room". I have proof in writing if anyone would like to use this information. Please note all this occurred two and half days prior to arrival, most hotels have a twenty four hour cancellation policy. Think again before booking if this is there attitiude prior to arrival!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank livelaughjoy
Laurence B, Owner at Queensberry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2011

It is never our intention to disappoint any guest, however clearly on this occasion this guest was quite upset. However for the sake of balance we would like to point out that our cancellation policy is only 48 hours before arrival which is well within the industry norm. Furthermore as we were able to resell the room we did not charge any cancellation fee and advised the guest accordingly.

Under the circumstances we are not really sure that the situation is warranting of quite such a scathing review.

Reviewed 17 September 2011

Stayed here on business: great location, friendly staff, and a good breakfast too. Room was very large (deluxe double) with bathroom almost as big. No trouble with parking either; hand over the keys and it is parked for you in nearby streets without charge. Would stay here again, and might even try The Olive Tree restaurant underneath the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Good boutique hotel in excellent location for visiting Bath. Not good for anyone with walking difficulties though as on a hill. Very helpful and welcoming staff including efficient friendly car park valet. Room good, clean, stylish and very comfortable beds. But at over £250 for a twin room, breakfast extra & no other facilities to offer added value to compensate for the high, in my opinion, room rate would possibly make me look elsewhere next time (or book a lot earlier via a web site and get a better rate!). Cannot comment on the bar or restaurant as we did not use them but the food has good reviews.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We have just spent 3 nights at this hotel are we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms are huge (We had 27 and 29).the beds are very comfortable with fresh bedding daily,bottled water and newspaper of choice, the latter is charged to your room. The showers are really the best power showers I have ever used and the bath is so big I found it difficult not to slip undef the water,my toes could only barely touch the other end of it.The towels are first rate product and the toiletries are by The White company. For £10.00 you can have a wonderful Continental buffet breakfast,with fresh fruit,cheeses,cold meats plus wonderful breads and an endless supply of pastries. With very little tweaking this hotel could easily be a 4Star. Some nice pictures on corridor wall's,Tea and Coffee making facilities in the room's. Better lighting at the bathroom handbasin to ease shaving for men and applying makeup for women.The parking arrangement where your car is valet parked for you is a terrific bonus.The staff are very helpful and the location is wonderful.

Room Tip: Rooms facing west can be a bit warm so pull down the blind's when you go out and ask housekeepin...