Queensberry Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$264
US$559
US$522
Agoda.com
The Abbey Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$232
  • Restaurant
Harington's City Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$246
Dukes Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$217
Official Site
1,467 results
All reviewsthe olive tree restaurantvalet parking isno tea and coffee making facilitiesbooked directly with the hoteldrawing roomlovely hotelassembly roomson arrivalbooking directjunior suitehuge bathroomtop floorroyal crescentbox of chocolatesquiet streetbeautiful roomlounge area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 May 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed hotel and we were spoilt by the staff as it was our anniversary. Fab room, with huge very comfortable bed that I wanted to being home with me. Olive Tree restaurant was brilliant. The only thing that let our stay down was as we were shown to our table for breakfast 2 other staff burst into hysterics. Whether they were laughing at us or not we thought it rude. Don't let this put you off though - fab hotel in a fab location. Thoroughly recommend it

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I find myself very much in accord with the previous reviewer. I'd actually like to rate this 3.5 but I can't! I've wanted to stay at the The Queensberry for a long time now, but have always been reluctant to pay full price for it. However, recently I managed to find a good deal and so decided to give it a whirl, using as an excuse the fact we were vetting it as a potential venue for a special birthday celebration next year.
Service was good from the start and our car was parked and bags brought to our room without delay or fuss. The room was just gorgeous. If you love Georgian architecture you'll understand. High ceilings, huge windows - and because I'd opted for a more spacious room there was also a sofa/tv area. Tastefully done. As the previous reviewer noted the bathrooms could do with a refurb. - or at least this one could. It was very small in comparison to the room and there appeared to have been a leak behind the shower area and the tiles and grouting were in real need of attention. Added to this the wooden panelling to the side of the bath had rotted, so I presume this wasn't a recent occurrence. One or two other areas in the bathroom made me wonder if this room was rented regularly? Am I being picky? Well, we got a deal on the room, but you can pay £380 a night for it, so I think at those prices you're entitled to voice your concerns.
General areas downstairs fine. The bar was really lovely but the guest lounge I didn't find very inviting. This is where the tea and coffee is located. I've stayed in plenty of hotels where tea and coffee making facilities are not immediately available in the room, but you're generally given an option of a hospitality tray if you so desire. Why the Queensbury don't do this is beyond me. Availability 9.30 am until 5.30pm is fine, but I like a cup of tea in the privacy of my own room early in the morning and late at night and I sort of object to having to pay extra for that via room service. Also I don't want the hassle of ringing down for it and the wait for it to be brought, when I could very easily do it myself! But that's just my opinion.
Staff throughout were great, especially the girls on reception and the lovely bar staff - great cocktails and an excellent wine list too. Restaurant staff tried hard and were very pleasant, but I felt a sort of disconnect between the hotel and the restaurant. The night we ate there it was just too busy. By that I mean the staff appeared to be rushed, the food was slow in coming out and, in my humble opinion, not up to scratch for a three rosette restaurant charging three rosette prices. Some good, too much mediocre - and the tiniest risotto main I have ever had!! I'd give it another go - maybe it was just an off night, but we left without taking dessert or coffee as we didn't want a further wait - and that seemed inevitable.
The hotel's location is wonderful, just a short walk and you find yourself at the top of Milsom street. And Bath is so very beautiful.
To sum up: elegant surroundings and a great location with the bonus of lovely staff. However, and it is a big 'however,' you do pay a premium for it - unless you manage to sneak a deal. But as Bath is such a tourist hot-spot these appear to be few and far between. I'd certainly look to stay there again if the price was right. Though slightly further out of the centre, Bath Priory in my opinion, wins on several fronts and hands down as far as food goes.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2012

On approach the hotel appears to have quite a theatrical facade and sets a rather grand scene. Once inside,the hotel had a subdued quality but is in need of some attention. The public seating area is tired and a little scruffy. Our room was comfortable but again could have benefitted from attention to detail, same for the bathroom. However on a very positive note the hotel's location is awesome and you don't get the noise of some of the more centrally located venues, breakfast was adequate but took a while, we didn't prebook we paid on the day picking from the menu.Note to all, Jika Jika is good value for money for breakfast and opposite the Travel Lodge. This hotel is seriously overpriced for what you get, but the main feature is location and valet parking. You can park for free on a Sunday outside the hotel but space is very limited. As you'd guess in Bath parking is at a premium and really expensive, £2.50 for first half an hour Monday - Saturday outside the hotel. Hotel staff were friendly but nothing would set them apart from anywhere else. I would not describe this hotel as boutique and I've stayed in a few. If you're looking for a great location, valet parking and a hotel that is adequate for comfort then this will tick all your boxes if you don't mind the price.

Room Tip: Room 5 has an annoying fan somewhere close bt that starts early in the morning but if you're a good sleeper it shouldnt bother you.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank SSpud
Reviewed 6 May 2012

This quirky boutique hotel has tons of personality. The Q bar was my favorite place to dwell - it was also the only location where my wifi wanted to work. Our room was spacious, with a stairwell that led down to our bathroom; which was fine for us, but may not work for everyone. The hotel has multiple staircases throughout and imagine each room has its very own distinctive look. The staff were very friendly and the town of Bath is charming. Lots of great shops and restaurants. The hotel sits in a residential neighborhood only a few blocks from the center of town. The hotel also provides complimentary valet parking, so very easy to arrive via your own car.

Room Tip: I would ask for details about your room - specifically stairs, etc.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gndchicago
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Good location to the city centre and around other attractions such as the circus and various parks. The hotel staff were extrememly friendly and helpful during the whole stay, even providing towels and robes to our visit to the baths. However there were no hot drink facilities in the room (unlimited tea and coffee were provided downstairs in the communcal area between 9-5). This was a bit fustrating, especially when it cost nearly £5 to have tea out of hours delivered to your room. Apart from that the room itself was spacious (standard room including a two seater sofa) and I would visit again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple