“Fantastic weekend in Bath”
Review of Queensberry Hotel

Queensberry Hotel
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Bath
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Lovely, romantic hotel in the centre of Bath. Room was beautifully furnished. Hotel recommended its own florist to my husband when he enquired about a bouquet to be waiting on arrival, and the flowers were spot on. Lovely gardens and great cocktail menu.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

My family stayed here on 25th July in two delux rooms, booked directly with the hotel. Rooms were spacious, especially the bathrooms. Furnished to a high standard and very comfortable. Breakfast was included and was to a high standard, the cooked full English was excellent. We visited the Therma Spa and the hotel kindly provided us with a Spa Pack at no charge. The court yard garden was a great place to relax and enjoy a drink but perhaps a choice of International Whiskies and Gin would have been nice, not just niche spirits that I'd never heard of. The hotel is in a quiet location but within easy walking distance to the city centre. The valet parking service @ £5.00 per day was very reasonable and made like very easy. Thank you to all the staff that looked after us so well.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the hotel are cooler in Summer and with no aircon this makes sleeping easier.
Reviewed 29 July 2013

A wonderful mid-week summer stay with a family of five. Expensive, but worth it if you like having lots of space in a room with character and charm, within an easy walk of the city center and Victoria park in the other direction. We ordered breakfast in our room, so while the restaurant looked appealing, we cannot say how it was. It was a bit odd, getting the "VIP" bit (complimentary drink the bar, discount on dinner) when we were arriving with three little kids in tow, but still, that would be a nice touch if you are a couple out for a romantic weekend away (kids at the bar? not so much ...).

Room Tip: We had two cots added to one of the larger suites at the front of the hotel, and our youngest slept...
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I stayed here the night before my wedding day and the staff were very helpful trying to keep my wedding flowers cool. We had numerous people coming and going and nothing was a problem for the staff. The rooms were very well presented, exceptionally clean and well stocked. It was very well located in central Bath with a bonus of valet car parking. I could not fault this hotel or the staff.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

Have just been for a one night stay - it was a great hotel. On arrival our car was valet parked for us - which was then returned the following day at around 4pm -after a whole day in Bath at no extra charge - it was £5 for the whole 2 day duration! The staff were all friendly and attentive and nothing was any bother. The room was comfortable - yes, there is no air- con, which would have been nice, however the windows open and the fan made it fine. The location is superb - it is so close to everything you would want to see and do in Bath - and we walked back and forth from the city to the hotel many times in just a few minutes really. We didn't eat in the restaurant - but would do in the future - as it looked amazing. At breakfast I would have to recommend the full English - the Black Pudding is the best I've ever had!!!

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Just returned after a wonderful stay at this gorgeous hotel. The trip was for our anniversary and the only thing that would have made it better would be to stay longer! Only niggle was that Our room was very warm and no air con. The staff were superb and nothing was too much trouble. The olive tree food was exquisite and I was so impressed that they were happy to accommodate my wheat & dairy intolerance without hesitation. The location was perfect, just a 5 min walk from the centre. We enjoyed the Bath spa, (get there early!). We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Just got back from 2 nights at the Queensberry Hotel. Staff are absolutely faultless and polite, and couldn't do enough for us. From valet parking (£5 for the whole stay - excellent value) to our room being ready hours early, I couldn't have asked for better. We stayed in room 24 which I requested from pics I'd seen. Unfortunately it was very hot for our two days, and being at the top of the hotel the room unfortunately became unbearably hot on our first night. Now I know there's no air con, but I can't imagine fitting it to a hotel of this age would be easy so I don't blame the hotel at all. They'd provided a very good fan but unfortunately it just wasn't enough to help. The next morning I asked if they might possibly swap our room, and they were absolutely brilliant. We had breakfast, and by the time we got back to our room, I had a call offering us another. We accepted, and packed our luggage and the staff moved it all for us while we were out. The new room was much better (room 11) and we got to sleep the second night. I don't blame the hotel at all - air con is a luxury these days and the cost to run it considering the UK's extortionate utility prices would probably put the rates up too much. Plus the heat was rather unexpected! I loved the look of the hotel - very clean and not shabby at all. The bathrooms aren't the most modern but they function perfectly, and are spotless. The bath runs hot and full in seconds, and the showers are brilliant. Beds comfy and decor lovely.
The food in the Olive Tree is marvellous. Breakfast has lots of choices, and dinner was beautiful,. Yes its pricey but we knew that before we went and we loved it - everything cooked perfectly and imaginatively. On our last day we were able to leave the car and luggage all day so we could go out and when we got back, they'd brought it round in 10 minutes and loaded our luggage for us!! All of this for £155 a night, including full english breakfast and a free bottle of prosecco in our room. Bargain as far as I'm concerned. Had cocktails in the bar too, and they don't stint on the alcohol so watch out! The service was 5 star all the way and the lovely garden, food, staff and rooms make this the hotel of choice in Bath. Oh and as for the seagulls, they're seagulls. They make seagull noises. Deal with it. What surprises me most is those from big cities complaining about the noise they make! I'd rather hear seagulls than sirens all night.

Room Tip: Room 24 gorgeous views but don't choose it when its very hot! Room 11 just as gorgeous and coole...