“A lovely hotel in a good central location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Queensberry Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Queensberry Hotel
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Bath
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cambridge New Zealand
“A lovely hotel in a good central location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed here for two nights and loved it. We had a junior suite which was very spacious,it fronted the street but was still quiet at night.
The small hotel bar is intimate, and the restaurant was fabulous. We had one of the best meals of our trip here!
The staff were also great,always willing to please.
We loved Bath & loved this hotel

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank VM2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We visited the Queensbury hotel on the recommendation of a Bath local for my girlfriend's birthday. The staff at the restaurant were charming, if a little invisible. We started with cocktails in their wonderful courtyard, recommended by the waiter- it did feel like we were back in Milan- very chic. We moved through to the restaurant to enjoy a decent bottle of champagne, a touch on the pricey side for an unknown marque. We ordered two courses each and demolished them with gusto. You could tell attention had been paid to creating a balanced menu, with plenty of delicious options on the set menu. We opted for a la carte, and I have to say we probably should have followed the Set. That said, the food was very very tasty and clearly well prepared.
What sadly took a shine off the evening was a considerable wave of illness that over took me- only to be quizzed at every turn by the waiter as to why I wasn't finishing courses. My girlfriend was fine however and ploughed on boldly, and greatly enjoying it. At the end of our meal, it took a considerable length of time to attention of the waiter, let alone get the bill, and pay. The whole process took well over half an hour- a sad lack of attention to detail given I'd had to explain quite how unwell I was to the waiter at every course before he'd agree to take my plate.
Overall a good meal, slightly overshadowed by feeling increasingly unwell, something I could only attribute to some olives we were served on the terrace that had languished long in the sun that day.
I would like to try the restaurant again, just under happier and more healthy circumstances. My advice? Go straight to dinner and avoid the olives.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

We had a very nice stay at the Charming Queensberry hotel in the lovely city of Bath. The rooms was relatively large, clean and with a lot of soul. The staff provided us with great service and local knowledge. I highly recommend this hotel to others :)

Old Warden, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed at the Queensberry Hotel in Bath in September 2013 with 5 girl friends to celebrate my 40th Birthday. We had booked 1 x superior room and 2 x standard rooms.
My room was a superior room however on inspection of the other rooms we had booked there was not that much difference between the rooms. The main difference was our room had a nicer view.
The rooms had everything you needed including TV, DAB radio and dock, bath robes, complimentary shampoo etc but be warned there are no tea or coffee making facilities in the rooms. If you require tea or coffee there is a free facility for this in the reception area where they provide teapigs tea and coffee but only after 9.30am. If you require tea or coffee before 9.30am you will need to order and pay via room service.
Breakfast was really good with a good continental selection and also a Full English or other options such as kippers, eggs (cooked any way you like). We also had an evening meal in the hotel which was superb.
The staff were very helpful although they did mess up our evening meal booking for the second night and forgot to tell us until 2hrs before we were due to head to the restuarant (Porters) so we ended up at an alternative restaurant which was a very good choice as it turned out.
All in all we had a lovely stay and I have a nice little bag of the Queeberry Hotel as a souvenier of my 40th birthday.
I would stay here again as it is in a perfect location in Bath and you can walk to the town centre in approx 5 minutes. There are also some nice Cafe's close by and the Roman Baths are about 10 mins walk through the city centre.
If you choose to use the Bath Spa - the hotel can loan you the bath towels and robes to take with you (free) as the Bath Spa will charge for hire of the robes and towels.

Room Tip: I was informed that Room 8 is the nicest room although I didnt actually see the room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Charlotte S
Torquay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

We chose the Queensberry for our first wedding anniversary. The Hotel is lovely, though we felt very pricey. We did not eat there due to the costs, breakfast was £17.50!! It was in a very good position, close to the city centre. The staff were all excellent and very helpful. A small box of chocolates was placed in our room for our anniversary which was a thoughtful idea. The only downside was the fact that there are no tea/coffee making facilities in the room. These were in the lounge and served after 9.30am. So if you want an early morning cup of tea you have to have room service, at a cost. I would put my dressing gown on and nip down after 9.30 and bring the drinks up to the room. We were going to ask why no facilities but forgot, perhaps someone can answer this query for us. Our room (6) was spacious with dressing gowns and a lovely large bathroom. No complaints there. Overall, a lovely time was had.

1 Thank Hilary A
Bloomfield, MI
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is an old hotel with rooms on many levels, a seemingly endless array of staircases, and no signs directing you to or from your room. Even after three nights, we were still lost. The hotel is very near The Circus and Royal Crescent and a 10-15 minute walk to the Abbey, Roman Baths, and rest of the city center.

Our room was large and the bathroom was large, but the floor was creaky, plumbing noisy, the bath tub didn't drain until many minutes after your shower was over, and the lighting was poor (why would you install newer lighting and put none near the sink and mirror, where it is needed most?).

The room was quiet most of the time (it faced a fairly quiet side street). With no A/C and the afternoon sun, it got steamy on a mild day and would be unpleasant in hot weather. The absence of WIFI in the room was a major annoyance. We bought a package that included breakfast and it was good.

Room Tip: Rm 29 faces a fairly quiet side street, but gets the afternoon sun and could be uncomfortably warm...
Richmond, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

I loved the room. I loved the location. I think the reason I liked the hotel so much is that it is in genuine Georgian buildings, modernized for comfort. The staff were very helpful. If I ever get back to Bath I would stay there again.

1 Thank AnnRichmond_VA