Queensberry Hotel
US$282
US$235
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$216
Dukes Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$216
Official Site
1,468 results
All reviewsthe olive tree restaurantvalet parking isno tea and coffee making facilitiesbooked directly with the hoteldrawing roomlovely hotelassembly roomson arrivalbooking directjunior suitehuge bathroomtop floorroyal crescentbox of chocolatesquiet streetbeautiful roomlounge area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I don't usually write reviews but my partner and I had such a lovely stay that I felt I should share just how good this hotel is. Great combination of old-style architecture and attentive (but not in-your-face) service, combined with modern and quirky design touches. Comfortable rooms. And delicious (nearly Michelin-star) food in the Olive Tree restaurant. Not right in the centre, but a gentle stroll gets you into town. Usually with a stay in a hotel there is something that is not quite right, but everything was faultless! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed here with my partner for a weekend away to Bath in June last year.

The hotel itself is beautiful, boutique in style and close to the city centre- literally a couple of minutes walk.

We were having a lovely trip until we tried getting to sleep on the first night- our room was facing the Main Street and some hooligans in one of the town houses opposite had decided to have some extremely loud karaoke party. This went on from about 12.30pm when we got back to after 4am in the morning, with the people from the building opposite then opening the windows and starting to shout and sing out of them.

I was so angry at this point I put my dressing gown on and went down to the reception in it!

I complained to what I think was just a security guard ( reception had gone home?) but was told nothing could be done and he could not move me rooms.

Went back to the room and we had to put the news channel on the highest volume to drown out the singing.

Needless to say I was not very chirpy the next morning and this ruined the whole experience for me.

I do not cope well on an hours sleep! If you book a room facing the Main Street, you are in my prayers.

Shame as hotel is otherwise so nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2014

From arrival to leaving we had the most wonderful weekend. The staff were nothing but charming, helpful and friendly our whole stay and the room was amazing with a lovely huge bed we couldn't bear to leave. Having booked our stay directly with the hotel, we were really pleased to see that meant several benefits including a free upgrade, discounts off food and drink in the bar which really made us feel welcome.

I would definitely recommend that you raw there if visiting bath because there is no doubt you will have a wonderful time. We will definitely be going back!

Room Tip: Room 23 has the most amazingly large bed, but quite warm if you prefer a cooler night's sleep.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Went to Bath for the day to visit a friend and we were enjoying ourselves so much we decided to stay the night. I looked on laterooms.com to see they were rooms here for £99, however this was for two nights. I decided to speak to the hotel directly and asked them if they could offer me the deal of £99 for one night. They obliged very happily, and were delighted to have us stay at this price. It was around 9.30pm at night when we turned up. They were very kind and welcoming, showed us to our room, got us toothbrushes, made sure we were ok. The room was amazing, on the third floor in the corner, with a lovely view. The room was so tastefully decorated with clean crisp white bed linen, tartan throw and a great big bathroom and mod cons. The only thing is there are no tea making facilities in the room, tea is served in the lounge from 8am-8pm. The whole hotel is beautiful, charming and individual. I loved the staff and hope to return.

Room Tip: Room 31 was a little gem, quiet and hidden away!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OxfordTravelLady
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Just back from a 2 night stay here.Location is great in a fairly quiet street but only a 5-10 min walk to the centre of Bath. Friendly personal welcome and car was valet parked, fab. Stayed in room 4 which was gorgeous. We didn't have dinner at the hotel but we had breakfast in bed one morning and a cooked breakfast this morning in the restaurant, both were delicious.
We will be back to the hotel for sure, thank you Queensberry for making our stay very special.
If I had to find a criticism - the addition of a small fridge or mini bar in the room would be nice, even if too just keep water chilled.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple