“Sixth stay at this hotel”
Review of Queensberry Hotel

Queensberry Hotel
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Bath
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Keep coming back, luxury stay. You will not find a better hotel, I love it. Beds really comfy, great breakfast, attentive staff - I cannot find anything to grumble about. If you want a treat this is the Hotel to stay in.

3  Thank SR1803
Lauren M, General Manager at Queensberry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Sixth stay - wow! We are so pleased that you continue to enjoy the hospitality and service that we provide.

The number seven is said to be lucky so please do let me know personally when you plan your seventh visit and I'll ensure there is a special treat for you!

Kind regards

Lauren McCann

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed at the Queensberry for just one night and it was amazing. Our room was the most gorgeous room I have ever seen, spotlessly clean with a bathroom to die for. We were made very welcome by all the staff from the doorman to the general manager - nothing was too much trouble. Chocolates in our room and a personal note from the management was a lovely touch. The food in the restaurant was incredible, beautifully prepared and presented by attentive staff. I can still taste the wonderful flavours even now. The Queensberry is located at the top end of the city of Bath and a short walk takes you in to the centre in minutes. We will definitely be going back for a second visit in the near future. Feel thoroughly spoilt - Thank you to all at the Queensberry for a great stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sharon N
Reviewed 18 February 2014

When booking the hotel, we fell for the quirky branding of the Queensberry, and we're not left disappointed. Our room, the public areas and the vast stairways are opulent and wonderfully decorated and give an impression of luxury and calm. The bar was quiet, and perhaps did not live up to our expectations (overpriced cocktails, weany measures an unexperienced bar staff) but this was the only criticism. The breakfast was excellent, the rooms were clean, well appointed and classy, and the reception staff friendly and well informed.

The meal in the olive tree was incredible. See my restaurant review.

The Queensberry is now on my list of places I can confidently return to, knowing the experience will not let me down. Just make those cocktails slightly bigger and served with more flare to match the surroundings and price!

Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

We spent two nights here ,spacious super clean room , fantastic attentive staff ,highly recommend a cocktail in the cosy bar ! breakfast was delicious with something for everyone freshly cooked .highly recommend a visit to the thermae spa with the complimentary spa pack from the hotel ! tea/coffee making facilities in the room would of been nice ,as would a light above the bathroom mirror ,otherwise perfect ,will definitely stay again if we're in bath !

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I booked a surprise weekend away to Bath for my husband this valentines weekend and we certainly weren't disappointed. Before arrival I sent various emails discussing our requirements and the helpful and friendly responses that I got were second to none. Amazing customer service.
Upon arrival our car was valet parked by the staff at a cost of £10 per day, not excessive for Bath, and our bags taken to the room by a friendly and knowledgeable concierge. As we arrived late due to horrid weather conditions we missed our dinner reservation (elsewhere) and instead ordered room service which arrived promptly and was delicious. The room was very comfortable and beautifully decorated. On the first morning we ordered breakfast in bed which was chosen from a large selection of cereals, pastries, croissants, fruit, porridge, tea, coffee and fruit juices. We would have liked the cooked breakfast option to be available as room service but the options we had were delicious.
The staff were very helpful as we then left the hotel and ventured into town, offering local knowledge and recommendations. We also made use of the hotel's free spa packs including a robe, towel and slippers for use at the thermae spa.
When we returned to relax in the afternoon we enjoyed the complimentary (hot) tea and coffee in the lounge next to the open fire whilst we read the large selection of daily papers on offer. Very relaxing.
On our second morning we ate breakfast in the restaurant so that we could sample the hot menu. Again, the food was delicious and was presented fairly quickly. The continental selection available was also delicious.
We went out to eat both nights but would love to sample the menu in the Olive Grove restaurant when we next stay. In all we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The only small point I would make was that I felt the room to be a little cold during the afternoon. An option to maintain a warmer temperature in the room through the day would be nice, but this is understandable as most guests do not occupy the rooms during the day.
We will most definitely return!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 31 - a beautiful, comfortable room with a lovely view of the city's chimney po...
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I booked a Valentine night for me and my girlfriend at The Queensberry. Having taken exclusive use of the hotel previously for a major event I hosted in Bath, and been impressed with both the rooms and the service, I must admit to being a little disappointed this time around.

The bath wasn't the cleanest, with hair and dust, mould and rust around the bath and the room décor was modest at best. Not even the basic tea & coffee making facilities in the room, never mind an iron - which I have come to expect these days from a 4* hotel.

Room service is basic allowing only cereals and pastries for breakfast and the tea/coffee in the lounge was cold.

Breakfast was disappointing too in that the continental bar was not restocked so we had to ask for pretty much everything to be brought out (this was 9:45 - still 15minutes to go) - ham, cheese, bowls, orange juice, some cereals, fruit salad. They also ran out of pastries altogether and the staff seemed run off their feet - it didn't lead to a particularly relaxed breakfast.

Had a nice note in the room from the GM, Lauren, but that really was the only personal touch of our entire stay and I left feeling rather disappointed, by comparison to my last stay.

1  Thank freetail
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Queensberry for a triple celebration, valentines/birthday/wedding anniversary so things needed to be right. Had done a bit of research and hotel looked like it should be okay and fortunately it didn't disappoint.
It's a nice old building in a quaint and quiet street, less than ten minutes walk from the centre of Bath.
Complimentary "tea pigs" tea and coffee in the front drawing room upon arrival - a nice place to chill out that we returned to! The staff were friendly and efficient throughout our stay.
Our room was compact but more than acceptable, tastefully decorated and with a rain shower in the bathroom. The only fault we really had was that the radiator in the bedroom didn't seem to function as it should and we could have done with the room being a bit hotter.
Breakfast was excellent, they clearly use decent produce which makes all the difference. The fact it was so good was unsurprising given that it's part of the Hotels restaurant ( The Olive Tree) which we dined at on one night and thought the food was amazing.
The bar is small but adequate, no draught beer but reasonable selection of bottles. I tried the Japanese malt Whisky for a change, which have to confess and against my expectations was very good but when we paid the bill frighteningly expensive!
So in conclusion our stay at the Queensberry Hotel was lovely and we would certainly stay there again and if you are thinking of staying there certainly a thumbs up from us.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple