“Excellent”

Queensberry Hotel
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Bath
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Only one night but a great choice of hotel. From arrival with valet parking ( included in the price and worth a lot as parking in Bath is expensive) the staff are friendly and welcoming. Our room was spacious and the bathroom also. Breakfast in bed with papers - what's not to like! We will stay again and recommend to friends. The hotel is a short walk into Bath with interesting restaurants and shops enroute into the centre. Did not eat at the restaurant but hope to try it next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,436)

Reviewed 10 May 2014

An excellent hotel.with very pleasant staff. Good location with valet parking .Only fault was to fail
to advise us that hospitality tray was available on request. This was our first visit and certainly will
be repeated.We are regular visitors to Bath and were delighted to find this elegant quality Hotel.
Good value too !

Room Tip: Try for an upper rear room to avoid noise from the restaurant
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Came to bath for a bakery class and saw this hotel was close to the venue. What a cracking hotel from the minute we walked in the staff were great, could not do enough for us. The rooms and huge and very well decked out with everything you could need including a nice powerful shower which is always a must. Ate out but we returned to the bar afterwards which is very quaint and is open 24 hours a day. Good wine selection. Coffee is free from 8-8pm in the drawing room and the Free Wifi is very fast. I would stay here again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank haggisinlondon
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed at the Queensberry to celebrate our first anniversary, and were really disappointed with the stay.

Firstly the room was tired- the bathroom especially, and either boiling hot or freezing cold... the tv reception was so poor it was unwatchable (we wanted to watch the london marathon and resorted to using mobile phones!)

We decided to take the continental breakfast offered in our room and so placed the card on our door before dinner. When breakfast didn't arrive I discovered the card was still on the door handle... they did eventually bring breakfast when I called downstairs.

The worst part however was our experience in the olive tree restaurant. When it came to dessert the kitchen had piped "happy anniversary" on one of the plates - a nice gesture you might think... The waiter brought this to our table and said he didn't know who to give it to as he would normally give it to the girl. My wife and I couldn't believe what he was saying and as you can imagine this tainted the experience.

I gave the hotel the opportunity to respond to my comments and they have assured me that he didn't mean any harm, I'm not quite sure what he did mean...

Overall, the hotel is overpriced and doesn't meet expectations. Definitely wouldn't return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gillian S
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Just stayed here for 1 night for a city getaway with my husband. Beautiful room (we got upgraded for free), helpful friendly staff and lots of nice little touches. Designed to make a trip to Bath extra special and does the job perfectly. Very nice

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2014

First time at the Queensberry Hotel. The welcome was warm. My room was spacious and the bed very comfortable. Only slight gripe is that it took me a while to get the ideal temperature for the shower. Thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast.

What I really appreciated however was the response of the staff to my frantic call from the train saying that I thought I had left my passport in the room. They checked. I had. And then they proceeded to help me find a way to solve my problem. Outstanding service.

Put all that together and I will now always stay at the Queensberry when I am in Bath.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The staff in both the hotel and the Olive Tree restaurant were excellent and the food was out of this world!
The rooms we were in had amazing views over the rooftops of Bath - lots of interlinked staircases but a reasonable sized lift in order to avoid most of them if you prefer.
Only and eight minute gentle walk fro Pultney Bridge mostly on pedestrianised street or lightly trafficed ones.

Room Tip: Top floors have best views
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple