“Totally excellent”

Queensberry Hotel
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Bath
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 31 May 2014

On arrival our car was whisked away, bags taken to our room - which had been upgraded. It was a massive room, with an equally capacious adjoining bathroom with twin showers, sinks, but only one loo!
We dined at the restaurant in the evning - a memorable experieince, but then we did have the groumet taster menu. Breakfast, with coffee, scrambled eggs and smoked salmon completed a great one night break. Very restful and most enjoyable. Highly recommended as a luxury base from whic to explore Bath.

Room Tip: Ground floor at street level may be bit noisy in summer and weekend evenings.
1  Thank sjr1956
Write a ReviewReviews (1,426)

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I recently stayed at this delightful hotel as my son was getting married in Bath. I had a lovely room, that was spacious, clean, with a bed that was extremely comfortable, it would have been lovely to have been able to take it home, except that it would have been too big for my bedroom. The waiters spoke French, which was fabulous as part of our party were French. It was also a very quiet hotel, despite being near the centre of town.

Room Tip: My room was 26 and it was wonderful!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed at the hotel with my husband, and got a discount on the room as I was on a teaching course next day at the Bertinet Kitchen.
The hotel is located in a great position, 2 minutes from the victorian houses in the Circus, and 2 minutes from the centre of Bath.
The hotel does not have its own car park, but a member of staff will take your car and street park it away from the hotel for £5-£10 per night or day. They will then return it to you on request. This is a great offer as paying for street parking in Bath is VERY expensive.
The welcome to the hotel was warm, and the room we had (room 15) was spacious and well appointed with all the usual expected facilites you would expect of a hotel of this class, i.e. ipod docs, plasma TV, fluffy dressing gowns, etc. Tea and coffee isnt provided in the rooms, but is on offer in the lounge downstairs from 0800-2000 hrs. The bed was very large, and thankfully very comfortable,
If you are a light sleeper I would suggest you request a room facing the rear and the rooms facing the road can be a little loud at certain times in the day.
If you are on a special trip, I would strongly recommend the Olive Tree Restaurant which is part of the hotel - the taster menu was top class, as was the taster wine menu.
Breakfast was also very good, unrushed, and a good choice.
The staff were very obliging, and kindly held my luggage and my car for the rest of the day even though I had already checked out in the morning.
I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, request a room which faces to the rear
1  Thank Windymillers
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We had just a one night stay but the ability to arrive early in the day, have our luggage minded and our car whisked away to be parked allowed us to have plenty of time in the city on both our arrival and departure days. Every staff member we encountered was polite and friendly and the comfortable lounge with complimentary tea and coffee added to the sense of being a welcome guest. The décor and furnishing was very much to our taste and our bedroom was spacious and well equipped. The large bathroom had an equally large bath and plenty of hot water, another chance to relax properly. The centre of the city is a very short (if rather hilly) walk away. We only ate breakfast in the hotel but that was good quality. Our only gripe would be that on a warm and sunny day the bedroom got pretty hot and the fan provided only just coped. That said we're already thinking about when we next book another stay, we're not great fans of going to the same place twice but this hotel deserves to be an exception.

Room Tip: If it's a summer visit I'd probably avoid the upper floors, it would probably be cooler lowe...
Reviewed 21 May 2014

From the moment we arrived, when somebody whisked our cases and car away, we were well cared for during our stay. The room had comfort and character, reflecting the heritage of Bath. It felt a bit like an Escher cartoon - or Hogwarts - with staircases appearing all over the place to connect the different parts together.

Being on the edge of the heart of Bath meant we could walk everywhere with ease (expensively, as one passes too many enticing shops and places to eat!)

Brilliant breakfasts in the Olive Tree - and the tasting dinner (while expensive, particularly with wine) was delicious. We would definitely stay again.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I stayed in a standard room for 3 nights with my Husband and our 2 month old Daughter. We used to live in the street the hotel is on, so we knew the area well. The restaurant is renowned for its fine dining and I presumed the hotel would also be quite pricey, so I was surprised to see that even in the busy Xmas market period, the rates were comparable to other hotels we'd stayed in before. The location is great, 5 minutes walk away from the main shopping streets.

Once we arrived, we paid £5 per day (or it could have been £5 for the whole stay, I can't remember) for valet parking. It was well worth it given how expensive parking is in Bath. Each time we wanted to take the car somewhere, we called reception 10 minutes in advance and the car was waiting in the street when we came downstairs. Infact the service as a whole was perfect, every member of staff we encountered was so helpful and happy to chat.

Our room was on the 3rd floor, I think, facing the back of the hotel, though it's a quiet area anyway, so there shouldn't be much outside noise whichever room you have. Though I will say that our room was next to the stairs and there was an under stair cupboard in our room and we could hear footsteps of everyone going up or down the stairs, which if you are a light sleeper might bother you. So maybe request a room away from the stairs.

From what I recall, there wasn't tea or coffee making facilities in the room, there was however a drawing room opposite the reception with a selection of teas and we took those up to our room.

All in all, a very enjoyable stay. We were made to feel very welcome at the Queensberry, thank you.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jackie M
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed at the Queensberry Hotel, for Bath in Fashion Week.
An Excellent hotel, great location for a visit to Bath. The restaurant was amazing.
The staff were very helpful nothing was too much trouble.
They even let out bath robes,towels etc to visit the spa.
If any one is thinking of going to Bath . it's a must stay hotel.
Thank you The Queensberry.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family