“Highly recommend this hotel”
Review of Queensberry Hotel

Queensberry Hotel
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Bath
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 February 2009

Excellent food, Central, Wonderful Staff. My husband and I have just returned from a truly magnificent weekend in Bath. It lived up to all our expectations and beyond. We were to travel two weeks ago but due to bad weather could 'nt land in Bath and so our trip was cancelled at the last minute. To be fair to the Hotel they said they would nt charge us a cancellation fee provided we booked again within in the month so we arranged it for two weeks later. The hotel is fantastic wonderful accommodating staff - one member of staff even lent us her own tv when it turned out ours was broken. The food is top class. I would say the best meal I have had in years and the breakfast poached eggs a smoked haddock cooked to perfection. I would return to Bath and I will certainly book the hotel again. I have to say I do agree with another reviewer though that Christoper was a bit unpleasant but to be fair he was the only one. Maybe he is just tired of working.

Reviewed 16 February 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Queensberry for two nights at the end of January for my birthday. Before I booked, I read several reviews here and also saw the details on the Mr & Mrs Smith website which gave a good write up. We booked a suite - which was not cheap, but the room was well presented and very spacious (also very contemporary too). The staff are very attentive and provided valet parking and a leisure pack for our day at the Thermae Spa. The breakfast was excellent (however a little expensive). The location is very central with only a few minutes walk into the centre of Bath.

We would definitely stay there again. The only downside is that with the restaurant being in the basement of the town house, the smell of food rose up through the vents, especially in the bathroom.

But on the whole - a very good stay.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2009

We stayed here for one night and the quality of the service and room was outstanding. Top quality toiletries and towels are always welcome. We were upgraded to a superior double which was great. Staff very helpful and courteous. Great to have valet parking. Only negative was the evening doorman who on learning we were going for pre-dinner drinks in the bar at the Olive Tree tried to tell us it was uncomfortable seating there and to have drinks in the hotel lounge - empty and no atmosphere. We realised he was touting for business and this let them down slightly. But still excellent place to stay and close walk to everything.

1  Thank FoodieGregs
Reviewed 13 February 2009

We have just returned from a one night stay to celebrate my husbands birthday. I emailed the hotel beforehand to advise of his birthday and they didn't disappoint. They upgraded us to a larger room and we had a bottle of champagne awaiting us on arrival - really nice touches.
The room was truly lovely, very large with a really comfy bed, sofa and large coffee table with lots of magazines.
We pulled up outside and double parked but before we had even got out of the car, the receptionist was out of the hotel to greet us and help with the bags. The car could just be left there and they valet parked it for us.
The hotel is really central and just a few minutes walk to the royal crescent and all the other attractions in Bath.
One small point was the rception on the lcd tv was quite poor, but we didn't really go to watch tv anyway!
Visited a nice Indian restaurant called Bengal Brasserie and had cocktails in a very cool bar called sub 13, both just a few minutes walk away.
The Roman baths are worth a visit, but I thought a bit expensive at £11 each.
One tip - we booked the hotel through a website called Mr & Mrs Smith and also joined their membership scheme £10 for Blacksmith membership. This then gets you special offers at each of their hotels. Worth a look if you are thinking of booking.

Reviewed 11 February 2009

What a super hotel, I found The Queensberry having searched hotels in Bath and reading reviews which all seemed to be very complimentary. We weren't disappointed, it is a Georgian townhouse, so very cosy, you felt as though you were in a house rather than a hotel. We had room 2 which was a deluxe room on the ground floor and it was lovely, very large with a big canopied bed and furnished partly with antiques and partly in a contemporary style. It was extremely peaceful, although there were one or two late nighters walking past around 2pm on the Friday night, so if this may bother you, request a room that is not at the front of the hotel or maybe on a higher floor, having said that, it was minimal and didn't detract from our wonderful stay. The hotel is far enough out of the town to be peaceful, but only a five minute walk to the shops and Pump Rooms, etc., we didn't use our car for the whole weekend, bliss. It was my 40th Birthday which my husband had informed them, and there were one or two little extras which made me feel rather special, maybe this comes from it being an independent hotel, we had only ever stayed in chains before, so this was new for us, and I have to say, I think I maybe loathe to go to a chain again. Finally, the food, oh the food, absolutely wonderful. We had two breakfasts, and we can honestly say, we are still going on about how lovely it was, and one dinner in the Olive Tree Restaurant, we couldn't fault a thing. We would recommend The Queensberry to anyone, but it maybe best suited to couples wanting to get away from it all and not be bothered by hoardes of people, its a little haven and if we manage to get back to Bath, we will definately be going back.

1  Thank JMB40
Reviewed 4 February 2009

I stayed here as a stop over for business for two nights during Jan09.
Valet parking due to it being in a residential area - This is not an issue.
I would describe the rooms as of a good standard for the price paid (£99 - Superior double) Queen bed, flat screen tv, dab radio, great decor and nice sized bathroom with everything you need.

The hotel is simply furnished with lounge areas offering free wifi and open fires with a homely 'lounge' feel the only downside is the lack of bar area to enjoy drinks rather than feeling like your in your own lounge.

Restaurant - The food here is simply amazing, at this price it rivals any restaurant in London (at the same cost!!), I spent £60 on 3 courses, water and 1 glass of wine plus Coffee on both nights. The standard of food is worth 2 michelin stars, the service just needs a bit of improvement to help them reach that accolade.

Would I stay here again - Yes based on the comfort of rooms and excellent food.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2009

We stayed for a long weekend to celebrate our Ruby Wedding Anniversary - and to go to the brilliant (but very busy) Bath Christmas Market.

They knew of our anniversary and we were upgraded to a de-luxe room and found a half bottle of champagne in there. This was typical of our stay. Nothing was too much trouble.

We wanted to eat out and they recommended a nearby French Restaurant. From outside it was not impressive but we booked any way. The food, ambiance and service were excellent. A good recommendation.

On our anniversary we ate in the Olive Tree Restaurant in the hotel. We had no special treatment but everything was excellent.

We were sad to leave having had a wonderful stay at the Queensberry.

The only slight drawback is that there is little onsite parking. However our car was parked for us and if we wanted anything from it, it was fetched and anything to go in was taken. We gave plenty of notice of our departure and our car was waiting.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple