“Stylish, friendly hotel with fab location”
Review of Queensberry Hotel

Queensberry Hotel
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Bath
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 August 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Queensberry for our honeymoon. We wanted somewhere stylish and comfortable with a great location for Bath's shops and sites, and our expectations were surpassed!

The general feel of the hotel was that it was smart, with great style, and really friendly. The valet parking meant we arrived without the stress of having to drive around Bath looking for a safe parking spot. We were shown to our room which took my breath away. A beautifully designed room with high ceilings, beautiful Georgian sash windows and the most enormous and comfortable bed. The bathroom was equally as beautiful with smart fixtures.

We ate at the Oliver Tree which is below the hotel, and the food was fantastic. In fact it was one of the best meals we'd had in some years.

With the shops of bath right on the doorstep we found that the Queensberry was a fantastic base from which to go and explore the city.

We were sad to leave the hotel and are planning on returning to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary next year.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Queensberry Hotel

Reviewed 5 August 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights having read various recommendations here and elsewhere.
A warm welcome on arrival and a tour of the hotel before being shown to our room.
Room 15 is on the second floor and overlooks Russell Street. It is a warm and contemporary room with walk in closet and superb bathroom.Bed large and very comfortable , flat screen tv and cd/radio with ipod dock. The restaurant is superb in fact one of the best I have been to in the uk. Small gardens at the rear of the property are an ideal place for a pre dinner drink.. Common areas/reception rooms very comfortable and well designed.Faultless!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2010

we stayed here to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary,and was very pleased,the resturant was 1st class the menu was unsual and present beautifully,the resturant was romantic and had lovely lightening.
our room was large and nicely decorated in soft greens,with the bed side lamps switched on when we arrived and the music playing softly,2 white towling robes on the back of the bathroom door,these lovely touches were very much appreciated.
the bed was huge with lots of pillows and crisp white linen.
we ordered breakfast in the room which arrived write on time with warm pastries and selection of fresh fruit and a pot of tea.
the hotel was with in walking distance of the town,and the hotel park your car for you and you can also leave it the whilst you go shopping before you go home.
the hotel had a lovely feel about it and would defintly stay here again,i took the brochure home and have given it to a work friend,who is intrested in staying here after what i have told her. we both really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2010

Couldn't decide between the Queensberry and the Bath Priory for my one night stay in Bath, but decided on the former because of it's better location and I'm glad I did. Maybe the Bath Priory is more luxurious, but the upscale, centrally located Queensberry is modern with cool interiors, a sense of humor and has outstanding service.

I arrived late and was able to order room service. The food was high quality, I think from their restaurant Olives. The Deluxe room was large by any city's standards. Although I didn't have time to take advantage of it, they had a cozy bar area and separate library that looked like the perfect place to relax. Yes, as mentioned previously there is no air-conditioning, but there was no need for AC when I was there in mid-July. Just open the windows a bit and you'll be fine. It's England, not Italy. The street is not noisy. WiFi on lower floors, but I was able to pick up a signal 2 floors up. Bathroom was not incredibly stocked with shampoos, conditioners, etc, but it didn't matter. Service was better than the more expensive hotel I used in London that weekend. When I needed to know how much the train was from Bath to London at a specific time someone immediately looked online for me.

The location wasn't right in the middle of town, yet was very easy walking distance. It was only 1 block or so to the Royal Crescent and the Assembly Rooms/Fashion Museum, and maybe a 10 minute walk at most to all other sights.

Maybe there are hotels closer to the Roman Baths or the Abbey, but you'll be happier at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Stayed here in July, the rooms are very big which is a plus for England and are very nicely decorated but they did not have air cond. in the room so I opened the windows and got flies so then the staff got someone to come and spray for flies and have to get the fun out of the closet to get some air as it was pretty warm. I agree with other reviews its very pricey for what you are getting, the bed was another issue - I thought I was sinking. Breakfast was very poor for the price (10pounds per person). I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2010

our room was like a studio apartment with classical music greeting us as we entered. lovely amenities, fine gauge cotton sheets, bathroom very clean complete with towel warmer. great location, short walk to city centre almost next to the assembly rooms, a very short walk to the circus and royal crescent, quiet at night. their drapes blocked the sun so we didn't have to get up so early when we didn't need to. service was friendly and efficient. free wifi at the lounge and bar and sometimes, the signal reached our first floor room so we didn't have to go downstairs. would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2010

The Queensbury is a beautiful hotel with spacious, elegant, spotlessly clean rooms and helpful pleasant staff. The breakfasts are the best I've ever had! Looking forward to staying again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business