Dukes Hotel
US$150
US$138
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$216
  • Room Service
US$575
US$558
Agoda.com
The Abbey Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$363
  • Pool
US$313
US$287
1,358 results
All reviewsparking permitmadeleinesgreat pulteney streetbeaufort roomtop floorno liftgeorgian hotelblack puddingfour postercity centreflights of stairsstreet parkingbox of chocolatesfull englishbreakfast was deliciouskippersfirst floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

we booked this hotel last minute based on the review and was not disappointed. We felt very at home and the staffs were very attentive. even prior to arriving, mike has been giving links to websites of things to do with kids in bath.

we were given baby chair for our son during breakfast and was also provided toddler meal.

location was within walking distance to the centre.

would definitely stay here again next time we are back in Bath.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Zetster
ChristopherCameron, Owner at Dukes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Mike has a comprehensive knowledge and appreciation of Bath and the resources the city has to offer. I am delighted that all three of you enjoyed a successful visit. As you note our location on Great Pulteney Street really does make for a very easy level walk into the heart of Bath. What an inspiring walk for a toddler!!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

What really made our stay at Duke's memorable was the staff. Everyone who dealt with us, whether at reception or in the breakfast room, was very professional but also went the extra mile to give personal attention to guests. We booked the spa package, which included a 2-hour session at Thermae Bath Spa, and the loan of bath robes, slippers and towels for the visit (which otherwise would have had to be hired from the Spa, at cost). On hearing that we were celebrating a birthday, further little touches were provided by Dukes, including a card, special candlelit breakfast! - and a bottle of wine, all of which made us feel really special. We're very grateful to Carole, David and all the staff for making our visit so enjoyable.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Somerset room on the top floor, which gave us a little fitness workout of 6 flights of stairs but this didn't worry us - especially as it meant we were away from the street, so enjoyed a good night's sleep.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Given the opportunity we would like all our guests to ‘feel special’. We have the good fortune to enjoy the support of a superb team who are always happy to welcome, help and advise. Equally we clearly appreciate those who simply wish to be offered a quiet resting place and hearty breakfast. Thank you for your kind review and we trust that your trip was a complete success.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I booked 1 night here for my daughter and son in law as a gift for his 30th birthday and Christmas. I can't praise the hotel enough. Before their stay the communication was excellent via e mails. They knew it was for a special occasion and left them a complimentary bottle of champagne. They stayed in a Superior room and they said it was wonderful, with a big bed, nice shower and good view over Bath. The hotel is 10 minutes from the train station and is close to the historic places and shopping. They had plenty of choice for breakfast the next morning and could not fault the hotel.
They said the staff were brilliant and I can't thank Mike enough for all of his help.
I hope that my husband and I will enjoy a visit to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Sharing in a birthday celebration is a very enjoyable ‘over night stay’ to organise and help deliver. We too think we have a ‘brilliant’ team and Mike is a superb ambassador for what we feel Dukes and indeed Bath has to offer. We are all very pleased that we managed to ‘deliver your birthday gift’. Many thanks and we look forward to welcoming you to Bath.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

I booked this hotel as a present for my parents, they were greeted upon arrival and instantly made welcome. The room was beautiful and spotlessly clean. They were able to park their car outside and as hotel within 10 mins walk of Christmas Market, the car was not needed for the rest of their two day stay. Carol, the owner, is a lovely lady who even telephoned me to confirm my parents had arrived at the hotel. The breakfast was delicious with more food than anyone could wish for. My parents will certainly be returning and I think I will book myself in for a break in the New Year. Thanks Again, Dukes for making my mums birthday a very special one - Amanda Horgan

Room Tip: My parents stayed in a room which has an adjoining living room would certainly recommend
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

From our perspective we are delighted to be chosen as ‘a gift’. We feel that Bath is a beautiful and memorable destination. Whilst chuffed to have been selected we share a tremendous desire to wholly satisfy the recipient. Thank you for the very generous and informative review and we are very pleased that we managed to ‘deliver’ your birthday present in the manner you would choose. We look forward to welcoming you here in the New Year!

Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Brilliant and charming hotel set in a beautiful area only 5 minutes walk from the centre of Bath. Fantastic staff who are so helpful and friendly. Room was luxurious and very clean. Can't wait to go back and it will be in the very near future.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt J
ChristopherCameron, Owner at Dukes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Thank you - we look forward to your return !