“Deserves more than 5 Star”

Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel
Ranked #20 of 32 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We celebrated my Wife's birthday at The Bath Spa on 1/2 April, A totally relaxing and pampering experience. All the staff were absolutely brilliant, my wife used to live at the hotel when it was used for the accommodation, of pupil nurses,training at the RUH, 35 years ago. When the Duty Manger learnt of this, we were given a guided tour of the Hotel and all of it's amenities, The Manager kindly gave us a room upgrade, which gave a wonderful view over the city of Bath, which my wife very much appreciated, bring back old memories. Nothing was to much bother, we had traditional Afternoon tea, Dinner and Breakfast, all of which were to a very high standard. The choice on the menu of dinner was varied and excellent. My wife had an Aroma massage is the Spa, which she found totally relaxing and beneficial. We cannot praise the staff enough for a very enjoyable stay, we will be returning. Thank you all.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jonathan D, Managing Director at Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear HerculesWeymouth

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such a positive review following your stay at the Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel.

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your visit. We do appreciate such a helpful review and I am so glad that your wife had such a relaxing birthday celebration and a trip down “memory lane” to her old nurse’s home!

I will be delighted to share your feedback with the team as I know they will be encouraged by it.

There are newer reviews for Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stayed in the Imperial Suites for a couple of midweek days for a family celebration, on a dinner bed and breakfast package. Wonderful in every way! There's nothing I'd fault, and we will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank James T
Jonathan D, Managing Director at Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear JamesT

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your visit. We do appreciate such a helpful review and the Imperial Suites are very special.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Booked this hotel last minute and it surpassed our expectations... stayed as a treat with my boyfriend, the view was okay, but the hotel was amazing.
As soon as we got there the concierge came out to greet us and collect our suitcases, they were very friendly, they checked us in as we had arrived early and said we could go to our room early, no extra charge!!
The spa facilities were absolutely lovely, best Ive experienced so far...the staff were very helpful and even good at recommending which local restaurants to eat in, the local italian was fabulous, brilliant service and I would use it again if visiting the area. I have already recommended it to my friends and family. Room was clean and a good size, toiletries were good (although only for one person) but I did get extra toiletries, when i asked. What made my day was actually having decaffinated coffee with cafetiere, how lovely and really nice...

Room Tip: Ask for front facing view as it is where you get to see bath, whereas we only saw the back of the ho...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 359Katie2014

Dear 359Katie2014

I was pleased to note that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your visit. We do appreciate such a helpful review and I am so pleased that you liked the Spa and that we provide decaffeinated coffee in our rooms

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I took my girlfriend to away for her birthday weekend, and we had a fantastic time. The food was very very good, and the level of service by all of the people working at the hotel is the best that I have experienced, and I travel the world on business staying at many many hotels. We will be returning and will recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear RoyP

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your visit and that your girlfriend enjoyed her birthday weekend. We do appreciate such a helpful review and thank you for your kind recommendation of the Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel to your friends and family.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Stayed here as a treat for my wife last week. Upgraded to Garden view room. Well worth it. Room was very spacious with a nice view and the bathroom was nice and big. Staff were great. Everyone was helpful and all staff were extremely polite. The city centre and Roman Baths were only a 10 minute walk. We found the Spa and restaurant a bit pricey but it would not put me off staying here again. It is in a nice quiet area, so it is an ideal retreat for people who want a bit of peace and quiet.

Room Tip: Try and pick a room with a garden view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Pratik D

I was pleased to note that you and your wife enjoyed your visit. We do appreciate such a helpful review.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Hi stayed at this hotel February and upgraded to front facing garden room (well worth the difference). This hotel is child friendly and although I agree the service can be slow the staff are working sooooo hard! We booked three rooms and they ensured we were all together and at breakfast they knew we wanted a larger table without ever asking. A special mention must go to Brian in the restaurant that greeted us by our name every day and made our stay that little bit special. Also Andrew the concierge gave the same kind of treatment, nothing is too much trouble. These two members of staff are a credit to the hotel. Would I stay here again? Yes it is expensive for drinks but it is five star, the rooms are lovely and clean, the staff are polite. It is close to the centre of bath. Only down side they do charge for parking £5 each day and also a 12.5% surcharge on all food and drink (too much should be 5% max), however you can opt to not pay it and being so much I would say don't pay it!!!

Room Tip: pay extra for the garden view rooms, they were much bigger than the standard and only a little extra...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Obe 1234

I was pleased to note that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We do appreciate such a helpful review.

I will be delighted to share your feedback with the team as I know they will be encouraged by it, particularly Brian and Andrew.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com