“Such an opulent, special experience, thank you”

Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel
Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I bought a single night break for my mother for her birthday. We went together and had the most lovely time.
We arrived before the room was ready, no problem, took our luggage and off we went into Bath.
On our return bags in room and a free upgrade to a garden view room.
Great spa facilities, the outdoor hot spa a must!!
We could not fault our stay, amazing breakfast freshly prepared with great local ingredients.

• Stayed: April 2014
Jonathan D, Managing Director at Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear BridgetG

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such a glowing review following your stay at the Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel.

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your visit for your mother's birthday and you particularly enjoyed our spa facilities. We appreciate such a helpful review.

I will be delighted to share your feedback with the team as I know they will be encouraged by it.

Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (4,608)

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Really friendly staff in this big old Georgian House with gardens and its own spa. Somehow the £5 parking fee was overlooked. Nice size very comfortable room with a little balcony looking onto the garden.
Perfect location as only a short walk into town past a privately - owned art gallery with cafe all set in its own garden and access to the riverside. Only booked for one night but I'd like to stay longer especially in the summer where the terrace is laid out for drinks and dinner. A little bit pricey but they do deals and the use of the spa ad gym are part of the deal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the garden. We had 205

Dear Aimsworth

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such a positive review following your stay at the Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel.

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your visit. We appreciate such a helpful review.

Many congratulations on your wedding.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

This hotel has a wonderful relaxed and luxurious atmosphere. The situation couldn't be bettered - a grand sandstone building on a hillside with a sweep of immaculately kept gardens to the front. The sunny terrace at the front was a lovely spot for afternoon tea or pre-dinner drinks. The hotel has many comfortable public areas to choose from, where you are looked after but not pestered. We had two nights here and, as we had visited Bath before, did not feel too guilty about spending many hours just enjoying the hotel and the superior spa facilities. The indoor pool is a reasonable size and the outdoor pool is more of a hot spa pool to lounge in and then enjoy the sheltered sundeck. It was quite a novelty to be sunbathing in April. The staff are friendly and attentive. We had drinks and dinner one evening and while the food was not exceptional, it was of the standard expected. But the cooked breakfast was the best I've had, all top quality ingredients, well cooked. I would certainly stay again and know I was in for a treat.

1  Thank MountLondon

Dear Guest

I will be delighted to share your feedback with the team as I know they will be encouraged by it and thank you for your kind comments about breakfast.

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our short honeymoon getaway to the spa hotel.

We were warmly greeted at the reception and given a tour of the facilities by a very friendly member of staff (cannot remember his name).

In our room there was a complimentary bottle of champagne... Nice touch!!

Luxurious bathroom, lots of space in the room and a picturesque view over the city of Bath.

Breakfast had an array of dishes to choose from. Service could be a little slow bringing out the cooked breakfast but there was so much cold breakfast to stock up on, it was not a problem.

Spa part of it was lovely. Clean and fresh throughout. Some noises teenagers were there during the day so go in the evening if you want some quiet time. We had treatments each and they were both relaxing and good value.

A short walk into town was refreshing each evening for dinner. We saw the member of staff (who did our tour) a few times on his way out of the hotel and he went out of his way to say hi which we thought was lovely.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Congratulations on your wedding.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

My wife and I decided to have a night away in Bath and chose this hotel because it has parking and is close to the City for my wife to shop! Why charge guests £5 to park in their huge car park? It smacks of being mean and annoyed me when you are already paying a lot to stay there. The room was very nice, clean and tastefully decorated. We decided to eat in the hotel restaurant and the food was excellent but it was a bit expensive and the drinks were a crazy price £12.30 for a G&T! Breakfast was good with excellent ingredients.
We had a swim in the pool and the spa seemed well equipped if you like that sort of thing.
Overall, pretty good and would do it again - but I'd eat and drink in the City!

Dear Guest

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your visit. We appreciate such a helpful review and I note your comments with regard to the bar prices.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Had a great stay at the hotel, very welcoming on arrival, well equipped and comfortable surroundings,
Breakfast was well presented with a good choice.
Well equipped gym, did not use the pool but looked nice with indoor / outdoor pool and sun deck.
Short walk to town centre and ample parking.

Room Tip: We had a garden view which was very nice
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Andy G

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My wife and I have just completed a 2-night discounted offer here and could not have been more impressed. The hotel is ideally situated, 15 minutes walk from the centre of this lovely city and has ample parking (but £5 per day). We were given a free upgrade into a beautiful garden-view room, which was spacious and comfortable in every way. The cuisine, if rather dear, was first class. But, especially, the hotel is most memorable for its superb staff: they were all most efficient, extremely helpful at all times and consistently cheerful. We look forward to returning. Just two minor suggestions: the elderly would greatly appreciate some transport into the centre, as parking there is a nightmare; the really good bathrooms would be made perfect with a better toilet-roll holder - ours had nothing to secure the roll and at the slightest touch it ran off over the floor like a demented Andrew advert!
Cato

Room Tip: Garden-view rooms cost a little more but the spaciousness and sunny outlook make it worthwhile

Dear David G

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for your feedback about the bathrooms. We are looking at transport options to help guest that may have difficulty with the short walk in to the centre of Bath We appreciate such a helpful review.