“Stunning hotel in an amazing location, can't wait to return!!!”

Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel
Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed here for one night to celebrate my husband's birthday. We have stayed in a few Macdonald and Hand Picked hotels before but this hotel really surpassed our expectations. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by warm, welcoming staff who couldn't do enough to make our stay special. Every single member of staff we met throughout our stay was friendly, polite and took time to ensure we were having a good stay. We were given a complementary upgrade to a beautiful garden view room. We had planned to go to the Bath Thermae Spa but after looking round the hotel spa we decided to go there instead and we had a wonderful relaxing afternoon.

We had cocktails in the bar before dinner and then had the most wonderful dinner in the beautiful restaurant. The staff greeted us by name and even did a special "happy birthday" dinner plate with chocolates for my husband. After dinner we told the barmen what type of drink we liked and be made me a surprise cocktail with my favourite baileys and chocolate. We finished the night enjoying cocktails in the drawing room. Breakfast was a delight, we had to eat early as we needed to leave by 7:30 and were the first ones there but that wasn't a problem at all for the staff. There was a highs choice of fruit, yoghurts, cold meats, juices, croissants and pastries.

We really did have an amazing time here and it has been one of the best hotels we have ever had the privilege to stay in. Thank you so much to all the wonderful staff for making my husband's birthday so special. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jonathan D, Managing Director at Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear Kt_630

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such a positive review following your stay at the Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel.

I am so glad that your husband enjoyed his birthday with us. Thank you for such kind comments about the team and we have plenty more Baileys and Chocolate cocktails for your next visit.

I will be delighted to share your feedback with all the team as I know they will be encouraged by it.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Gorgeous Georgian hotel on the outskirts of Bath. The hotel is displayed upon beautiful gardens as well as a functioning outdoor waterfall.
The entrance is grand and I dare to say a little over powering. Decorated amazingly throughout.
You are met at arrival and carry your luggage to your room.
Staff go the extra mile to ensure you're fully looked after.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Dear Kdiggidydog

I do hope that you were not overpowered by the entrance to the hotel. The main entrance was the way in when the building was a private house so we hope you can see the hotel as home from home.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We booked the Macdonald Hotel in Bath for our 30th Wedding anniversary we stayed in the Executive suit and it was fabulous!! We were met at the door when we arrived by our private butler who had the keys to our room ready. At breakfast and dinner the head waiter knew your names and greeted you. We ordered champagne at breakfast on the day of our anniversary which was complimentary as it was our anniversary. We were so well looked after we felt like royalty!! Thank you so much.

Room Tip: Book the executive suit it was fabulous!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jennyj,

Many Congratulations on your Pearl Wedding Anniversary I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Within minute walk to city center, the hotel is grand, the drive up is lovely, very romantic. The grounds are beautifully manicured. Spacious room. Cheap car parking. Great breakfast. Loved the bar! Beautifully decorated and quaint. The service was wonderful! Sorry didn't try the spa... Will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jonathan D, Managing Director at Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Lisa Bronson K

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for such a helpful review and your kind comments about the hotel and particularly the bar.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Were shall i start from.......... Ok right well you have pay for parking on there ground per day, weather started to warm up so the room was getting really warm so we tryed using the aircon which did not work so we called reception they said its not true aircon but advertised aircon rooms, after couple calls they supplied a small fan, breakfast was okay not standard that you expect. Spa was lacking off maintenance. Would i stay here again eeeeemmmm..................

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank dappa2012

Dear Dappa 2012

Thanks for submitting a review of the Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel following your stay.

The heating and cooling system in the rooms is set for the whole building to either heat or cool and during your stay was still set to heat. I am sorry this caused you an inconvenience. The Spa area has a major redecoration programme that commenced this week.

I would welcome the opportunity of restoring your confidence in the hotel and ask that you contact me directly should you wish to book in the future so that I may take care of the arrangements for you personally.

Once again sincerest apologies

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Full of characters! The staff are particularly friendly and helpful. Located on the out-skirt of the town centre and is convenient for any place of interest in Bath. The staying in the hotel for the whole day is also interesting, you don't really need to go to town centre, will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jiayiwu

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for such a helpful review and your kind comments about the characters in the hotel.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I visited the Spa hotel for a birthday treat, was breathtaking driving up to the hotel, stunning hotel,
Short walk into Bath with lovely restaurants and Shops,

The spa was amazing, great treatments offered, and the heated outdoor pool is a bonus!

The staff were extremely attentive, could not fault one bit for the service!!

Would definitely recommend for a lovely romantic weekend away

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the gardens!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Traveller1165

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay. I do hope you had a very happy birthday. Thank you for such a helpful review and your kind comments about the staff.