MacDonald Bath Spa Hotel
US$123
US$120
Hilton
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$108
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Bailbrook House Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$136
Agoda.com
US$121
PremierInn.com
4,851 results
All reviewsice roomimperial suitevellore restaurantsalt roomoutdoor poollovely hotelbath spaon arrivalcooked breakfastmolton brown toiletriesspecial occasionbirthday treatrelaxing staycar parkafternoon teacity centrefour poster bed
Reviewed 18 May 2014

All the details are right and the staff very attentive and helpful.
Salt infusion room in the spa was scary with a strange mist, shades of Doctor Who!
We were here for two nights for a meeting and our two group dinners were nicely presented and the food goo. Breaksfasts were excellent.
No problems here - simply very good.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Jonathan D, Managing Director at MacDonald Bath Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear WanderingAcademic

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such a positive review following your stay at the Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel.

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for such a helpful review and your kind comments about the hotel. The Salt Infusion Room is an experience and I hope you made it in to the Ice Room

I will be delighted to share your feedback with all the team as I know they will be encouraged by it.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed here for a conference last week. I've stayed in many many hotels and would never touch this hotel again. I makes out to be a 5 star hotel but it certainly isn't. The only 5 star part are the prices they charge along with the hidden add ons.
The dinner was ok but not great. Breakfast was no great shakes either eg cold half toasted bread.
The only beer they sell is over priced bottles and they sneak on an additional service charge. I was told that the house wine was £27.50 per bottle but when I complained the price miraculously dropped. Even so, it was still a poor quality wine.
A finally, they have the cheek to charge £5 to park the car in an unsecure car park, which is far enough away from the hotel so that you get soaked when it's raining. Believe me I know.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Derek B

Dear Derek B

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit a review following your stay at The Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel.

I am sorry that you felt the hotel to be poor value for money and that you were disappointed by the toast at breakfast. The service charge at the hotel is completely discretionary and will ensure that the team make this absolutely clear.

I will share you feedback with the team and I do hope that you might return in the future.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I came up to a medical conference in Bath. The hotel is classed as 5 star, and the reception and rooms certainly were up there, but the catering was poor. This is surprising, and I suspect it is due to the training of the staff who did not seem very confident in the restaurant, numerous forks and knives knocked over.
Breakfast was ok, but the lunch at the conference was very poor. Having said this great location and lots of room.

Room Tip: the annexe house has bigger rooms
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Jonathan D, Managing Director at MacDonald Bath Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Nitricoxide

Thanks for submitting a review of the Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel following your stay.

I am sorry that you felt that the restaurant team and your conference lunch did not match the rest of the standards in the hotel. We are constantly training and striving to improve all aspects of our restaurant service. We are more than happy to tailor individual menus for meetings and events.

Once again sincerest apologies and I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We have stayed at the Macdonald Bath Spa on various occasions for work on a week night and the experience has always been good. The rooms are clean and spacious and the service is on the whole good. The spa facilities are great - nice pool with an outside hot pool and a good variety of gym equipment. However the service at the weekend is a bit frantic as the hotel is busy - but dont let that put you off.

The centrality of the hotel means that you can walk to the sites in Bath very easily which means no parking issues. I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear StartARS

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit a positive review following your stay at the Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel.

I am so glad that your have enjoyed staying with us on a number of occasions. The weekends are busy but we have plenty of quiet spaces around the hotel and outside as well.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed here for one night to celebrate my husband's birthday. We have stayed in a few Macdonald and Hand Picked hotels before but this hotel really surpassed our expectations. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by warm, welcoming staff who couldn't do enough to make our stay special. Every single member of staff we met throughout our stay was friendly, polite and took time to ensure we were having a good stay. We were given a complementary upgrade to a beautiful garden view room. We had planned to go to the Bath Thermae Spa but after looking round the hotel spa we decided to go there instead and we had a wonderful relaxing afternoon.

We had cocktails in the bar before dinner and then had the most wonderful dinner in the beautiful restaurant. The staff greeted us by name and even did a special "happy birthday" dinner plate with chocolates for my husband. After dinner we told the barmen what type of drink we liked and be made me a surprise cocktail with my favourite baileys and chocolate. We finished the night enjoying cocktails in the drawing room. Breakfast was a delight, we had to eat early as we needed to leave by 7:30 and were the first ones there but that wasn't a problem at all for the staff. There was a highs choice of fruit, yoghurts, cold meats, juices, croissants and pastries.

We really did have an amazing time here and it has been one of the best hotels we have ever had the privilege to stay in. Thank you so much to all the wonderful staff for making my husband's birthday so special. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Kt_630

I am so glad that your husband enjoyed his birthday with us. Thank you for such kind comments about the team and we have plenty more Baileys and Chocolate cocktails for your next visit.