“Wonderful and Relaxing”

Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel
Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My friend and I have just spent 2 nights at this hotel, what a wonderfully perfect stay. We used the spa facilities and had a 60 minute full body massage ....WOW it was amazing, truly relaxing. The staff are friendly, smartly dressed, well presented and very helpful. The twin room was clean, fresh and comfortable, views were lovely. The breakfast was very nice, plenty of choice, and very much enjoyed. My only recommendation would be to have water fountains down in spa area as its very hot, but that is my only complaint! I would recommend this hotel to my friends and I will go back. Thank you for a fantastic stay, I am very chilled... :)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Jonathan D, Managing Director at Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Sassyanne30,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such a positive review following your stay at the Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel.

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay particularly the treatments in the spa. We do have iced water in the relaxation room I will look at making certain all our guest are offered some after a treatment.

Thank you for your kind comments. I will share all of your feedback with the team I know they will be encouraged by it.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I've stayed at this hotel a few times many years ago and it is a great as I remember it to be. The grounds are simply awesome and you get a great view of them on the drive up to reception. Upon arrival the concierge helped me with my bags and took them up to my room (in keeping with a hotel of this class). Check-in was swift and there was no waiting (check out was the same). I booked some spa treatments but there was a mix up with my spa treatment but this was resolved very quickly by the Spa Manager who re-arranged the two sessions that I booked. The weather was great so I spent the afternoon in the patio area by the pool occasionally going in to the sauna, ice room, mood shower etc.... Dinner in the restaurant was awesome. One of the best meals I have had and I have been at most of the top restaurants worldwide. The service was awesome being both attentive but not in your face (the latter is sometimes the case in the top restaurants where they over-compensate). We had a lovely cooked breakfast in our room in the morning then we enjoyed the spa facilities the before wondering into town, which was only 5 minutes away. A nice touch the night before was some champagne to celebrate our anniversary. We had a lovely weekend and will certainly return in the near future. We love Bath and love this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DMyers148

Dear D Myers 148

Many congratulations on your anniversary.

Thank you for your kind comments about so many aspects of your stay. I will share all of your feedback with the team I know they will be encouraged by it.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have just come home from spending two days at this hotel with my daughter. We had a lovely room with a fantastic view of Bath, beds nice and soft lovely white fluffy towels. We eat at the restaurant both nights and the food was delicious and pudding to die for. Breakfast was lovely and plenty of it. We have arrived home so full.We also treated ourselves to a full body massage then sat around the pool to enjoy the lovely hot weather. The staff at this hotel are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble.
My daughter and I would like to say a big thank you to Brian who looked after us very well and made us feel special as he does for all his guest. We are looking forward to coming back.

Room Tip: 505 lovely view of bath
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Warrol1

Dear Warrol,

Thank you for your kind comments about Brian, I will pass them on to him. I am glad you enjoyed Breakfast and Dinner in the restaurant and also the spa.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Great location about a mile from the train station. Elegant rooms with great decor, fantastic grounds. Nicely decorated with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Nice sitting room and great pool and spa. A delight to visit in historic bath.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 300 Mike

Thank you for your kind comments about the staff which I will pass on to them. I do hope you enjoyed your time in the UK and in particular the lovely city of Bath

I do hope that we can welcome you back to The Bath Spa Hotel when you are next in the UK.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

A very grand typically English hotel with fantastic buildings and amazing views of Bath however it was let down by a couple of things. One - check-in was akin to tooth extraction and two - the rooms are grossly overpriced for what they are. You can get much better quality rooms for less in better locations within Bath. The spa is lovely (despite there being a lot of children using the facilities for family day) but the breakfast service was slow and stuffy and the food very below par. Nice but wouldn't rush back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Warby68

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit a review following your stay at the Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel.

I would welcome your comments on how to make our check in procedure less like a visit to the dentist! I am sorry that you felt breakfast was below par.

I do hope that we can welcome you back soon to the hotel

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed here for two nights in October. Had a fabulous afternoon tea. The nicest hotel bathroom we've ever been in. The staff were friendly , it was a lovely hotel would go back again in an instant. The breakfast was first class . I'd recommend this hotel to anyone very competitive prices

Room Tip: We had a garden view room on floor two just lovely
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Susesi,

I will share your feedback with all of the team, I am certain they will be encouraged by it.

I do hope that we can welcome you back soon to the hotel

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had a wonderful stay here, the room was fantastic, and having Butler service with Champagne and Canapes each evening just added to the experience. The spa facilities are excellent, and as for the room. What can I say - everything that we expected and more, with a wonderful large king size bed.

The only issue was the starter for dinner that my wife had, really just removing parts of the dish to make it gluten free was a little disappointing, but the remainder of the meal was good.

Room Tip: The Imperial Suites are worth it. A little (lot) of luxury.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Martyn D

Many congratulations on your anniversary.

I am sorry about your wife’s meal. We usually have no problem with providing gluten free dishes and keep a stock of gluten free items all of the time. Thank you for your recommendation of The Imperial Suites

I will share your feedback with all of the team.

I do hope that we can welcome you back soon