“Luxury at its best”

Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Bath
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Luxury at its best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I have recently returned from a visit to bath spa hotel.
The rooms are lovely and clean. I was on the garden floor I had a few disturbances at early hours due to people dragging cases outside my window but other than that no problems. The service at both dinner and breakfast was exceptional as where as the food left a little to be desired.
Their was scaffolding around the building due to cleaning of the brick work; it was definitely worth the disruption as when I left you could see the difference it had made.
Overall had a lovely stay and will return again.

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
Cheltenham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

A group of us have just returned a week ago and we had a lot of trouble! Bills always wrong, evening meal time service was terrible, paid for a garden view room and scaffolding up and dirty windows! Zero apology! Was almost impossible to split a bill! Really upset and disappointed I felt like it was really hard work. Would not return.

• Stayed July 2014
7 Thank Harriet_Maguire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

English Hospitality at its best with some of Scotland thrown in for good measure.
Surrounded by a lovely garden this hotel gives excellent service with attentive staff. The rooms are well appointed, spotlessly clean and quiet. Make a point to dine in the restaurant. Silver service and the food is excellent. My compliments to the chef.

Recommend the walk to South gate mall via the canal.

Only one minor irritation - they can be slow to answer the telephone.

1 Thank Fiji-Bruce
Chard, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We have just returned from 2 nights at this five star hotel which my husband booked for my birthday. A few days before our arrival the hotel e mailed to advise of scaffold work, as a result we were upgraded to a fabulous classic four poster room with views over the gardens. The staff are excellent, very courteous and friendly. Dinner in the restaurant was excellent it really was. Service at breakfast was slow and the quality of the cooked food variable. Well located, a taxi costs around as fiver to the centre if too tired to walk. A very relaxing experience, the sdpa facilities are superb. Well done Bath Spa!

Room Tip: If scaffolding tstill in place ask to be up graded.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I came to this hotel for a work trip, and was quite excited about staying in a '5' star spa hotel. After arriving in my bedroom, I went to the bathroom and found that the toilet had not even been flushed - and there was something very unpleasant in there instead.
I rang reception and they sent someone up to clean the bathroom about 30 mins later.

I had a lot of work to do and wanted to get some done in the room but it was almost impossible due to renovations taking place directly outside my bedroom. At one point, there was a man on my balcony for approx 30 mins, showering down the bricks.

I later decided to have a shower in the bathroom. I turned on the shower and there was no hot water available. I rang reception (AGAIN!) and was told they would send someone over to me. When they arrived, they messed around with the shower for a few mins before telling me that it was broken and advised me to go and shower in the spa as the maintenance men had gone home. I advised at this stage that I was very unimpressed with what is marketed as a '5' star hotel. I was told that this would be fed back to the reception, but was not offered an apology.

Really, really disappointed with this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
7 Thank claire r
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Fabulous weekend at this beautiful hotel to celebrate my daughter's upcoming wedding. Reception staff and porters were all most helpful and welcoming. The massage I had was great and the spa facilities are excellent.
Lovely comfortable bed-rooms, sparkling bathrooms, comfy robes and slippers.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed here on Saturday 5th July 2014 and I have to say I wasn't impressed at all. Firstly well over priced by about £100.00 plus and they charge you £5.00 for parking in there own car park.
The air conditioning was really noisy forcing me to turn it off during the night which in turn made the bedroom extremely hot. I have to say I had one of the worst night sleep at this hotel and I definitely wouldn't stay here again. Also doesn't help with scaffolding covering the building either.

4 Thank Paul D