Pratt's Hotel
US$345
US$288
US$217
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$108
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Bailbrook House Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$136
  • Restaurant
US$222
US$209
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel probably needs a £1m spending. It is tired and clearly suffering from lack on investment. The bar lacked a good range of drinks and the draft Guinness was replaced by cans. The staff were friendly enough and helpful, but I echo other reviewers as to the rooms, which frankly looked like a set from Fawlty Towers. The hotel next door - whose name I forget - looked a much better bet.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Justiciar
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My partner and I were in Bath for a weekend and unfortunately, booked this hotel without checking TripAdvisor reviews. What a mistake!

The check-in process was smooth enough and we were optimistic but things went downhill from there. Our room was small and cramped, with a view of the apartments behind the hotel. The sheets were stained and the carpet was musty.

But the worst part was, the heating refused to work. The hotel was full so we couldn't change rooms. The manager who came to the room shrugged and said it was an old hotel, they couldn't do anything. We were incredulous.

It was so cold and we would've lost all our money had we moved hotels. In the end, they gave us a room heater but really, the manager's attitude to the problem had ruined the stay for us.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank pulkit01
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Needs LOTS of TLC this hotel,but if you could translate how lovely the staff were to doing up the hotel you would have a top rate one,They where all really friendly and helpful,just a pity the hotel does not do them justice.It's old battered and bruised,yes it is central.Spend some money on it please.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank postiepat49
Manager-Pratts, Manager at Pratt's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay here with us at Pratt's Hotel. I was delighted to hear you found the staff friendly and helpful, I have read your comments to them.

We are aware the hotel is tired in places and since our new owners took over in March we are planning a major refurbishment of the whole hotel in 2015. In the meantime we are moving forward with a redecoration project with our in house team until these works begin.

I do hope you decide to stay with us again in the future

My kindest regards

Nicola Fender

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I spent two nights here at Pratt's Hotel and I have been waiting for the TV show ever since as surely this is a joke?
The room was not just tired and "shabby" it was disgusting and the bathroom I don't think had been updated since the early 1900's! My room was very spacious which was a blessing as I could move the bed to miss the mould and dirt on the floor and walls.
Tip -take slippers as you med them on the carpets which have not been deep cleaned ever!
Tip 2 - make sure they are old slippers that you can throw out after your stay!
The beer was off in the bar downstairs and every drink we ordered was charged at a different price on every round ...
Hate to be negative and after the first evening we actually had to just laugh about how bad it is.

Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Iain T
Reviewed 28 July 2014

having read a few negative reviews about Faulty Towers making the hotel look like the Ritz I was apprehensive to say the least but on arrival things could not have been more different the car park was across the road and cost £12. The hotel itself was within walking distance of everything such as the main shopping centre and the spa. You were able to sit out the front and have food and drink served by manuel himself he was very funny and very helpful, indeed the staff were all the same. The decor is slightly dated but it is in character with the building and is very clean and well looked after. Breakfast was delicous and I would definately go back again.

Room Tip: ask for front facing rooms
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank charlotte k

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us here at Pratt's Hotel, It is nice to read comments we hear so often here at the Hotel.

I am so glad you found the location, staff, cleanliness and breakfast to be such a positive experience. I have certainly passed your kind words on to Santi your waiter that evening.

I do hope you return and visit us again soon

Kindest regards