Pratt's Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$342
US$250
US$234
US$208
Agoda.com
The Abbey Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$139
Dukes Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$216
Official Site
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Arriving on a pleasant August evening the hotel was welcoming and the staff efficient. There hasn't been much decoration or refirbishment in quite a while though, and the place is looking tired. The lift is a relic of a previous age, but full of character, and my room (single) was a garret in the roof with a limited view of the rear enclosure. The shower took an age to balance for temperature and the room was uncomfortably hot, despite there being no heating on, and all windows wide open. I left the breakfast order on my door before going to bed (it needed to be out before 4am), and when breakfast didn't arrive, I looked again and found the order still attached to my dooor knob. I left the hotel hungry!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank IanSeph
Manager-Pratts, Manager at Pratt's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review with regards to your stay with us, We were delighted to hear you found the staff to be efficient and welcoming but were very disappointed that you found the room uncomfortably hot. We do provide fans in all our rooms but understand that this may not be enough on a hot day. With regards to your breakfast card I am deeply apologetic, The night team have been spoken to today to ensure this does not happen again.

My kindest regards

Reviewed 18 August 2014

The Hotel is in a good location within easy walking distance of all the City's key attractions. We got it on a KGB deal with Thermae Spa included for £99 bed and breakfast so for this it represented good value. I opted for the poached haddock and poached eggs for breakfast which was cooked to order, extremely well cooked and for the £3 supplement, represented very good value. I would certainly opt for one of the cooked to order options.
Those are the positives. On the negatives, I would agree with other comments: car parking is extremely expensive, the hotel is tired, rooms small and breakfast let down by the selection of cheeses being pre-wrapped and the bucket in the dining room to collect drips from the leaking ceiling!
I would go again for a similar deal but would not pay full prices

Room Tip: Opt for one of the cooked to order breakfast options.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SandraBD110

Thank you for your comments with regards to your stay here with us at Pratt's Hotel. I do hope you enjoyed your time here in Bath and at the Spa. I was glad to hear you enjoyed your breakfast and I do hope it was not spoilt by the unfortunate leak we had that morning.

We appreciate that car parking in Bath is an additional cost to all visitors, as all the pay and display car parks are £12.50 for 24 hours, however I hope you found it convenient that we do have parking so close to the hotel.

We are aware that the hotel is tired in places and prior to our major refurbishment beginning next year we are rolling a constant programme to improve all areas of the hotel.

Thank you again for your comments it is really appreciated.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 13 August 2014

The location is great, the staff are very friendly.
That's the good stuff out of the way.
£12.50 a day parking at the car park over the road, rooms are like a Blackpool guest house, small, creaky, mould all over the bathroom, very, very tired fittings.
At £115 a night non-cancellable without breakfast (didn't eat here at all) it is not cheap either.
It needs a massive investment to restore it to anything resembling it's former glory, and until it does, we wouldn't be utilising it again.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Keith H

Thank you for writing a review with regards to your stay here this month, I was very pleased to hear you found the location and the staff to be real positive of the hotel.

I was sorry to hear that you felt that your hotel room was small and tired, I have since checked the room you stayed in personally and ensured the bathroom has been refurbished and repainted. I sorry for any upset this may have caused you during your stay.

Again thank you for taking the time to write a review

My kindest regards

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This hotel probably needs a £1m spending. It is tired and clearly suffering from lack on investment. The bar lacked a good range of drinks and the draft Guinness was replaced by cans. The staff were friendly enough and helpful, but I echo other reviewers as to the rooms, which frankly looked like a set from Fawlty Towers. The hotel next door - whose name I forget - looked a much better bet.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Justiciar
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My partner and I were in Bath for a weekend and unfortunately, booked this hotel without checking TripAdvisor reviews. What a mistake!

The check-in process was smooth enough and we were optimistic but things went downhill from there. Our room was small and cramped, with a view of the apartments behind the hotel. The sheets were stained and the carpet was musty.

But the worst part was, the heating refused to work. The hotel was full so we couldn't change rooms. The manager who came to the room shrugged and said it was an old hotel, they couldn't do anything. We were incredulous.

It was so cold and we would've lost all our money had we moved hotels. In the end, they gave us a room heater but really, the manager's attitude to the problem had ruined the stay for us.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends