Bloomfield House
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$209
  • Breakfast included
US$187
US$169
US$272
US$253
Agoda.com
The Abbey Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$245
US$222
  • Restaurant
Harington's City Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$222
US$143
US$125
Travelocity
All reviewsirish creamfour poster bedb bbeautiful housecity centrecharming hostsbath experiencenothing too much troublebreakfast was excellentbeautiful city of bathlovely surprisebed was very comfortablebus stopother guestscooked breakfastthird floorguest house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 April 2011

First up I want to say that I did speak with Karen before I left so she is aware of the suggestions I had concerning room 1 in which we stayed. I think it is important and fair to voice one's opinions to the owners BEFORE coming on TripAdvisor to tell everyone else. Her response was positive and taken on board.
These comments only refer to Room 1. Other visitors have stayed in other rooms and obviously had different experiences so bear that in mind when reading this review. Room 1 has no ensuite - we knew that when we booked so it wasn't a surprise. The bathroom is just across the landing and is exclusive to room 1. The shower was OK but a large person - let's say someone of a stout composition - may be pushed to get into the shower. The bed was not king size and we felt was probably beyond its sell by date. The mirror just needs turning around so that one can sit at the dressing table rather than standing up to dry one's hair or do the make up. Karen explained that room 1 will probably be renovated this year and a king size bed moved in with the possibility of an ensuite added - if the house's plumbing allowed. We just felt that £100 a night was a trifle overstretching for this room.
Breakfast was first-rate and leisurely - fresh produce cooked to order.
The town centre is a good 20 minute walk downhill and I suspect few would really relish the walk back up after a day's trekking around Bath. The good news is that a bus stops right outside Bloomfield House every 15 minutes and drops you in city centre in 5 minutes later. A return ticket costs £3.40. The last bus back at night is at 11.23 so you're covered for most evening entertainments, meals or theatre. Car parking can be an expensive and troublesome business in the centre of Bath (and centre Bath hotels) so Bloomfield House does give you the benefit of free parking and easy access to the town.
So, for the most part, a thumbs up and the owners - as one can see from their responses to other comments - are reponsive to positive suggestions.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2011

As a late Valentines for my partner (who had the good financial sense to be born on the 14th), we traveled to Bath for the night. Chose Bloomfield based on TripAdvisor and the excellent price, and I wasn't disappointed. We were met by the owners' daughter, who managed to combine a warm West Country welcome with an air of professionalism that belied her years, a trait all too often missing from people in this industry. Bravo!

The room was lovely, just the right size, and the shower was a lot better than I've experienced in other, comparatively priced, establishments. We didn't get up in time for breakfast (we rarely do!), but I gathered from others it was fantastic.

Furthermore, they've one of the most adorable dogs I've ever met. A warm welcome, fantastic staff (I wish I could remember her name! Apologies!), comfortable rooms, and charming pets. Absolutely perfect.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HarryStoneley
KarenWeston, Owner at Bloomfield House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2011

Thank you so much for your review. It's good to know that when we do get to go away the house and our guests are in good hands. In fact, the girls do it so well I might just retire!
Once again, thank you for your kind words, it makes it all worthwhile. (And Tolly sends a big tail wag!!)

Reviewed 15 March 2011

This was a surprise trip for me from my husband and he couldn't have chosen better. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome and that nothing was to much trouble. The room had amazing character and most importantly the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was incredible and more than enough of it! Even given more - all cooked fresh too! Karen and Robert were lovely to chat to and had lots of local information on places to eat and get a good local ale. Their passion for the whole eco thing was obvious and we had a good long chat after breakfast about local produce, fair trade and the farmers markets.
Bath is a lovely city - its an easy walk down the hill to the city centre - not quite so easy back up but not impossible. Karen told us about the bus that stops right at the house and a taxi is only about £6 when you have had a night out and can't face the hill. We had a wonderful weekend and I very much look forward to going to back. Many thanks to Karen and Robert, for a fantastic weekend, wonderful food and great conversation. Hope to see you soon.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VickyAvis
Reviewed 7 March 2011

We stayed one night on way back from holiday in Cornwall. We arrived tired after long wet journey and were immediately made to feel at home. It was my daughter's 18 birthday so the owners had very kindly taken receipt of presents from the rest of our family and they were all there waiting for us at breakfast. A lovely surprise. So a wonderful B & B - great food, comfy and beautifully decorated , and charming hosts - you couldn't ask for more. Thank you!

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2011

We arrived on Friday with a crazy dog and crying baby and was made to feel at home the moment our feet crossed the threshold! Karen and her husband couldn't do enough to take away the London stress! The rooms could maybe benefit from a little attention but overall they've kept the feel of the house! Breakfast was set at the best time and they served the freshest local ingredients!! Top marks all round! Will defo go back nxt year!!

• Stayed: February 2011