“Disappointed”
Review of Paradise House B&B

Paradise House B&B
Ranked #4 of 155 Bath B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 May 2011

We stayed in Bath overnight as we decided to use the Easter Break to see some sites. I originally wanted to book the one nine three hotel, but after leaving it until the next day was disappointed to find it had been booked. I noticed on the website then that this hotel was another hotel they recommended so after reading all the reviews was very excited to be staying.
I was very disappointed with our stay. Don't get me wrong the staff were very pleasant and could not do enough for us when we stayed there, but I was very disappointed with the "hotel" itself.
We stayed in the one of the 4 poster rooms and on initial look it looked lovely. On closer inspection wallpaper was coming off the wall, above the fireplace there are water marks all over - wondered if there had been a leak? The ceilings had water marks also.
The light on the bedside table must have had a dodgy connection as when we put something down it kept flickering. The jacuzzi didn't work because the cleaners had flicked the switch, so it wasn't until the next day we asked about it as we were going out.
Also very disappointed, the photos made me think I was staying in some grand mansion in Bath, these photographs taken very cleverly from the back. I would not have booked this hotel if there was a picture from the front. The views from the back are amazing though over Bath city itself.
Overall we paid £115 for the night and I honestly was disappointed. A few days later we stayed in a Hilton hotel for less money and couldn't have fault it. We were going to book the Hilton Bath but I decided instead to book something one-off. I was expecting luxury, one off rooms with a luxurious jacuzzi bathroom, but I was disappointed. I will learn not to read too much into people's reviews next time as I think it was "hyped" up too much and added to my disappointment.
If you want great views though with friendly staff - this is the place for you. If you expect abit more of a luxurious feel then maybe not.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Rach161982

Reviewed 28 April 2011

Our stay was marvelous. The staff was beyond courteous and helpful. The accommodations were excellent. The food was fantastic. If you stay anywhere else in Bath, you have shortchanged yourself. This is the place to be. Thanks for everything.

Reviewed 27 April 2011

We stayed at Bath Paradise House for one night in April and must share that it was wonderful! The staff was gracious and helpful. The view overlooking the beautiful gardens and down into the city of Bath was lovely! The room was spacious and welcoming and gave us another beautiful view of the city. The 10 minute walk up and down the hill into the city was convenient. The walk up is a little steep but easy to do. A local restaurant nearby served us the best fish and chips we had on our entire trip in England! Breakfast was delicious! We definitely hope to return here again!

Reviewed 26 April 2011

We spend 5 days at Paradise Hotel and had a fantastic time. We received a super friendly welcoming from Simona were she told us about the area ,restaurants and attractions.
Our room was cozy and the bed and pillows comfortable.The bathroom offers all ,shampoos,lotion,showergel and more .
Breakfast is plenty and very good and served by a very enthusiastic staff. The weather was perfect and it was wonderful to sit in the garden with a fantastic view over Bath.I could have stayed forever .
We felt right at home and hope to return sometime soon.We loved it !

Reviewed 24 April 2011

We recently enjoyed two nights at the Paradise Hotel. The room was very comfortable, with everything we could need. It was very clean, and well maintained, with a lovely bathroom.

The staff were lovely and friendly, and very helpful. The gardens were delightful, with wonderful views across Bath.

The town centre was only a short walk away, although a little steep on the way back to the hotel!

Reviewed 21 April 2011

Stayed on 19th Apr for 2 nights and proposed to my girlfriend here. Rooms spotless and gorgeous, beautiful gardens with stunning views over Bath. Brilliant breakfast with lots of choice. Big thank-you to Ryan and Simone brilliant hosts nothing is to much trouble for them and they work extremely hard, thank-you. If walking from town then flat shoes will be fine. 5* excellence will return.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 10 April 2011

I recently stayed at this B&B with my best friend for 3 days in March 2011 for our annual girl's trip. I truly cannot say enough fabulous things about this place!! The on site managers, Ryan and Simona, were just so lovely and accommodating! They had great recommendations for food in the city, spent 30 min reviewing the city and its main points of interest, and really waited on us hand and foot! Breakfast in bed with no extra charge, including champagne! The rooms were extremely clean and well managed and the properties grounds were impeccably manicured. The breakfast was excellent and made on site in their little kitchen with fresh, local ingredients. Their gardens were truly beautiful and we sat outside one evening as the sun set enjoying champagne...gorgeous! My only small little complaint would be location as it sits on top of a hill. We did however opt to not take cabs as transportation so walking up that hill was not my favorite ;) My friend however did not mind the hill at all...I must be a baby! :)
However, the location of sitting atop the hill made for impressive views of the city day and night.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends