“Our stay in paradise!”

Ranked #4 of 157 Bath B&B and Inns
Cheshire
“Our stay in paradise!”

Well, where to begin...

We arrived at the Paradise House and were warmly welcomed by Xavier, who seated us in a beautiful room overlooking pristine gardens. He advised us on local attractions and eateries and then showed us to our room - a classic queensize double. The room was beautiful, with the most inviting bed I have ever seen!! It was huge, clean and comfortable. There was an impressive looking tv, classical music playing as we entered (on a DAB radio which double as an ipod docking station) and our bags, which had be brought to the room for us. Although, it was the little touches which really made the visit - the chocolates and card on the pillow for our anniversary - such a lovely surprise!

The bathroom was equally as beautiful, with the most amazing shower I have ever seen. The Molton Brown products were a lovely bit of luxury and there wasn't a speck of dust to be seen.

The whole time that we spent in Bath, we were planning our next trip to this fantastic B&B (which is really more like a boutique hotel but with personal, friendly service). We were invited to borrow DVDs from the collection, which we thought was a really lovely idea. Another bonus is the fact that the centre of bath was just a ten minute walk away, meaning we could enjoy a few glasses of wine and still remember the way back! Ok, it may be up a bit of a hill, but on the plus side, this meant that there was a fabulous view of Bath from the gardens on the hotel.

Breakfast - there was so much choice on the menu although, being the fussy eater that I am, the lady taking our order was more than happy to adapt the menu to accomodate me which was really great. The bacon was so delicious and thick, and my boyfriend who ordered the full english said they were the best sausages he'd ever eaten. Once again, the staff were so attentive and the service was just spot on!

Even after we checked out, they very kindly let us keep hold of the parking permit so that we could explore Bath a bit more which we really did appreciate.

Overall, if you are visiting Bath, this is definitely the place to stay. The staff, the rooms, the food, the service, the location, the view, everything was absolutely perfect and really was paradise!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are probably just as beautiful as ours was!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Hebrew first
Bath
Reviewed 29 April 2013

This place is lovely. I arrived quite late in the evening and was met by Chris whose warm welcome immediately made me feel I had chosen the right place to stay. After explaining all I needed to know and offering any information I might want, I was helped with my bag and shown to my room.

The house, and my room, are beautifully furnished combining modern with period to create comfort and atmosphere. My room was spacious and warm and the bed was large and felt luxurious. The bathroom was also large with Molton Brown products to add to the special feel of the place. Needless to say, everywhere was spotlessly clean.

Breakfast was plentiful and varied. The hot food was cooked to order and served piping hot by friendly and helpful ladies. Judging by the smiles of the other guests, I was not alone in enjoying my stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Walsall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2013

As soon as we arrived we were made to feel welcome, Xavier and his wife were fantastic and very helpful. The hotel itself was excellent, the room was fantastic and the breakfast was great, they even do breakfast in bed if you wish. The staff were very good and set up tables where you wanted to sit and eat in the morning if they had been previously used. The hotel is only a five minute walk in to Bath which boasts great pubs, Italian restaurants (go to Martini's'), and Komedia (a comedy club) was also very good. I would strongly recommend Paradise House to anyone wishing to stay in Bath.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Don't think I've ever been so happy with a hotel. Great service, staff so so friendly and helpful with local knowledge if needed! Beautiful hotel with great views and gardens, fantastic bathroom and 4 poster bed in the room we stayed in. Hotel is in a great location, being situated about 5 mins walk from the centre, so really handy. would stay there again without a second thought. lovely breakfast, lots of choice!!

ENGLAND
Reviewed 22 April 2013

My boyfriend & I stayed in the Executive room , No 5 I think, it was just fantastic.

We were met my the loveliest of staff, who settled us in and told us everything we needed to.
Nothing was too much trouble.

The room was gorgeous, with a huge bath, beautifully presented, very conformable bed, lovely chairs, great view. The bathroom was huge with a bath that you could get two in!! And which had a view over Bath, perfect! It had a lovely set of toiletries too.

Breakfast was impressive, I have never seen a better buffer, they even had sparkling wine (or it may have been Champagne, it wouldn't surprise me) if you wanted bucks fizz, it had every option you could possibly want,The breakfast was cooked to perfection and served by very polite staff!

All in all I would rate this hotel as 10/10.

They even emailed us after we got home to check we had had a good stay and a safe journey!

Hats off the the managers, the couple were just delightful and certainly deserve the good reviews!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I can only echo the many positive reviews about this hotel. We were greeted by friendly, accomodating staff who couldn't do enough for you. The facilities were excellent and our room was tranquil and elegant with luxury surrounding us, from the four poster bed to the bathroom including inbath TV and Molten Brown toiletries, not to mention a wonderful view of the hotel's beautiful grounds. The faultless service continued in the morning with a wonderful breakfast in the dining room. We felt like royalty for the weekend. If you want luxury with a pesonal touch in cental location, book now!
Please note that the rating for swimming pool and fitness centre relates to a deal which the Hotel share with a nearby spa complex which is great value.

Boston
Reviewed 21 April 2013

We stayed here a few years ago and liked it so much we returned last week. Once again we weren't disappointed! We had the self appointed apartment which was comfortable for the three of us. It was overlooking the garden and nice to come right out each day to the beautiful grounds! Nice view overlooking Bath from the garden as well. The hen was well equipped with everything we needed including refrigerator, oven, cookware and dishwasher. We stocked up on food for the few days we stayed. We had parking either in the driveway or on the street in which they provided us a permit for. The house and grounds were beautiful and spotless! It was very close and convenient to Bath center and all the sites. The only thing was since the room is self appointed we should've had some extra towels in the room since one towel per person isn't enough for a few days. Other than that we would absolutely stay here again and highly recommend it!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family