“This was our 3rd stay and I'm already looking forward to our 4th”
Review of Paradise House B&B

Paradise House B&B
Ranked #4 of 155 Bath B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Ryan and Bea once again made our stay at the wonderful paradise house.... Paradise.
Everything is spot on, the rooms, the views, the food and the fantastic service.
I feel relaxed as soon as I walk in the doors.
I can't recommend Paradise House highly enough

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stumbled on this through a late booking for our wedding anniversary treat. It is close to perfect. I say close, the margin is imperceptible. It's not a family business but the manager and his wife run the place as if it is their own. A walk into town took 10 minutes at ambling pace; you could run there in two minutes. Our garden room complete with four-poster was amazing and the grounds and views complement the setting beautifully.

I would thoroughly recommend this place to anyone for any occasion.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank E35C
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My first trip to Bath. Hard not to fall in love with the place. A great walking city with nice pubs and restaurants and a ton of history. But to the Paradise House: Ryan and Bea were wonderful, attentive hosts, and the property is elegant, comfortable, clean, and convenient to the city, as well as buses and trains. Breakfasts in the dining room facing the city and the Royal Crescent were special, from full English to eggs Benedict to just fruit and juice. The garden at the back of the property, which also overlooks the city, is peaceful and a great place to relax and replenish. For however long you stay here, you'll feel as though you're home--and you'll be sad to leave when the time comes.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed for just one night at Paradise House, which was far too short. I was meant to be staying with my husband, but due to baby sitting issues, it ended up being just me. And what a fab time I had! On arrival I was welcomed by Bea, and had a really relaxing pot of tea and a delicious chocolate brownie in the beautiful drawing room, which overlooks Bath - you get an amazing view of the beautiful garden, and over the city, taking in the Abbey and even the Royal Crescent. My room - a garden room - was so pretty, really quiet, and had lovely Molton Brown products to use in the ensuite, and a full tea tray, cafetiere, tea bags, hot chocolate etc.
I wandered into Bath (3 mins there, but 5 mins back, as the hill on the way back up is a bit steep!) and enjoyed a trip to the Thermae Baths, and a spot of shopping, plus a late lunch in the The Loft cafe.
In the evening, I returned to the Paradise and borrowed a DVD from their DVD library.
Breakfast the following morning was delicious. I almost decided to go for the breakfast in bed option, but greed got the better of me, as I was told there were even more options in the breakfast room than on the breakfast in bed menu. I had smoked salmon, poached eggs and hollandaise sauce on muffins, but everything from a full English to a bacon bagel was available. Lots of fresh fruit, cereals, toast etc too, along with fresh fruit juices, and even Buck's Fizz if you wanted it.
The staff at the Paradise could not have been nicer. I was able to leave my car at the B&B all day, even after I had checked out, allowing me to do a bit more browsing in Bath's lovely shops. Ryan ( at least I think that is his name - wonderfully friendly and helpful Scottish chap) even made me a pot of tea which I enjoyed in the garden, along with one of their newspapers, before I headed back home, which finished off my stay there just perfectly.
Thanks so much for making me so welcome - I will be back, and hopefully bringing hubby back with me next time!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Shropshirelass1975
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed in room 1 at the front of the Hotel. It has a comfortable (high) 4 poster bed and very nice en-suite with separate bath and large drench shower. We received a warm informative welcome and enjoyed the selection of breakfast options.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Ryan and Bea were the best hosts ever and nothing was too much trouble.The food was excellent and plenty of choice, the room was comfortable as well as spotless, and was homely.There were fantastic views from room 5 of the garden and Bath.
The walk to Bath is all downhill and you are there within 10 minutes,to enjoy the delights of Bath.(Therme Spar..a treat).
"Can't wait to go back"
Jane and Pete.

1  Thank JaneBoyle
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Brilliant - best hotel we have stayed in cannot wait to go back again. Ryan and Bea are lovely hosts who made us feel very welcome. The situation is ideal for visiting Bath. Everything about the Paradise is great from the lovely gardens with views over Bath, the bedrooms which are beautifully appointed and very clean and the excellent breakfast. Would not hesitate to recommend

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple