Paradise House B&B
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Harington's City Hotel(Bath)
1,986 results
All reviewsb bmolton brown productsdrawing roombeautiful gardensteep hillon arrivalbrowniebreakfast in bedfour posterbreakfast was deliciousmince piescity centreroll top bathwarm welcomepot of tearoyal crescentposter bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Beautiful setting with panoramic view of Bath, yet only 15 minute stroll into the centre of the city. Ground floor room leading straight onto extensive garden. Bed extremely comfortable and bathroom very well equipped including Molton Brown products. Excellent breakfast and service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed at Paradise a few years ago and it was wonderful. It was clean and the manages were so nice helpful ,but not intrusive .

This time we booked the super king room with a queen bed and a single bed. My daughter and my granddaughter were with me. It was a 2 room suite one room had a fridge dishwasher and stove .The only one that was working was the fridge. I did ask for a microwave and it was supplied . The place need a good clean as it looked grubby. The dining room has 2 rooms for breakfast one with a view of the garden .I asked if the next morning if we could eat in there. The manger said no as the high chair would mark it. In that case the chairs would mark it. The thing was the carpet was filthy. It need a good shampoo there were big stains everywhere. Its suppose to be 4 or 5 star and the price reflect a 4 to 5 star hotel. The view is great and the garden is beautiful ,but the hotel is shabby. It is not worth the price .
The manger is like John Cleese .He would jump out when you least expected .I asked the maid for water and he appeared like he was behind the door with the water. He hovered over you at breakfast and it make it uncomfortable .
I am sad as this was a wonderful place to stay and relax .I had talked about it for years to my daughter for her to come and visit .She was very disappointed. It need to be upgraded for the price .It needs love and attention to detail .I had a B/B and know its hard work to keep things looking their best .That's how to keep the customers coming back.
Paradise take note.

Room Tip: Any room on the ground floor as you can come out to the beautiful garden .
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Chala2014
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We only stayed for one night but could not have found anywhere better!From the initial welcome and introduction to the hotel by Chris to the farewell from Rachel,everything was faultless.
Our room was large,very clean,comfortable and with every item one could possibly need.
Our evening stroll through the wonderful gardens was enhanced by viewing the city at sunset.
Truly a little piece of paradise in beautiful Bath.
We would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to staying there again when next visiting Bath.

Room Tip: Room 8 at the top of the hotel was quiet and has lovely garden views.
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We visited Paradise hotel last week, for one night only, but we will return for more nights.
The room was lovely, overlooking the gardens and panoramic views of Bath.
Great bed, delicious breakfast, very welcoming. Perfectly situated hotel.

Room Tip: Beautiful hotel, but the ten minute walk up the steep hill may put some of the less agile off. Other than that, wonderful.
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Had a weekend away in bath recently, after reading the reviews on trip advisor we opted for Paradise House.

We could not have been happier, Chris met us on arrival and I can honestly say I felt more welcome here than I have at family houses, perfect hotel, rooms were amazing, I wanted to take the bathroom with me.

Both Chris and Rachael took the time to suggest restaurants, pubs and the best times to go, never had an experience this good in any other hotel, nothing was too much trouble.

Bath is a great city, Paradise House made it even better and I would not stay anywhere else when I go back.