“This is Paradise”

Ranked #5 of 160 Bath B&B and Inns
Dublin
“This is Paradise”
Reviewed 30 August 2009

This is a lovely hotel and well worth the visit. Within walking distance of the the Centre of Bath. The Staff were extremly helpful.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (350)
  • Hebrew first
California
Reviewed 28 August 2009

Excellent accommodations. Nice and friendly staff. The view from the garden just made me melt. The breakfast was heavenly. Room amenities fabulous. Free internet. The walk to / from town not too bad even with a pulled leg muscle. The skeleton key and key hole a treat for my 14 year old. This is really a romantic hideaway but my 14 year old really enjoyed it. Next time I visit it will be without him.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2009

This was a trip to treat my Mum.... myself and my sister and mum booked the family room........ Stunning - great location, great room, great hotel. Very welcoming and although a rainy weekend we really enjoyed the stay.
Worth doing the spa.... the hotel really does go that extra mile to help - with the spa we were provded with hodels with towles/ robes etc... we then decided on having a picnic and were provided with plates. cutlery etc... fab breakfast as well.

I stay in a lot of hotels and this for service was exceptional. Thank you for a great weekend!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Oregon, USA
Reviewed 24 July 2009

My daughter and I made a side trip to Bath from our stay in London. If we had only known what awaited us in Bath, we would have arranged to stay much longer than one night. We arrived at a very inconvenient time when everyone was checking out. We had only stopped in to see about leaving our bags while we went walking about town; but Peter seated us in the drawing room with a beautiful view overlooking the lovely garden and the entire city of Bath and provided us with tea, biscuits, and a wealth of information concerning restaurants and things to do in Bath. We took a quick stroll through the fragrant gardens and found our room had been cleaned while we sat talking with Peter and was ready for us. We were able to go up (Peter took our bags up) and wash and start off to a full day of sightseeing. The room was exceedingly comfortable and clean. Bathroom was well appointed. The deep soaking tub especially was very inviting. Our room looked out over the entire city and the abbey was lighted up at night and made a beautiful sight. We felt totally relaxed. The next morning had a very good breakfast and a start to another full day of sightseeing. Peter allowed us to leave our bags the next day so we could make the most of our last day in Bath. We picked them up prior to our departure by a late train. The walk uphill from Bath to the hotel is doable but perhaps a bit too much of a walk for some especially with luggage, but the cost of a taxi was very reasonable. We took taxis when going to the Paradise Hotel (all uphill) and walked when headed downhill from the hotel into Bath. I recommend the accommodations and service and cleanliness without reservation. My daughter and I were traveling alone and never felt uncomfortable about the area or the walk to town.

• Stayed July 2009
2 Thank Oregon_Trekker
California
Reviewed 3 July 2009

Bath was our second stop on our first trip to Europe. It did not disappoint and neither did the Paradise House. Our room on the top floor had outstanding views of the city. It was relaxing to sit and watch it rain. Our bathroom was enormous and I didn't even feel the need to pay for the high prices of the Bath Spa as our own tub was wonderful after a long day of exploring the town. The breakfast was excellent. I am allergic to wheat and they were very careful to meet my needs, even providing gluten-free bread. We had come to roam the streets and see the places Jane Austen lived and wrote about. The ambiance of the Paradise House Hotel and garden made us feel a bit like we were living back in that time (but with all the modern conveniences.) I especially want to compliment Clare, our hostess. She was all friendliness and so helpful even assisting me in plotting our course to Stonehenge. Three thumbs up!

• Stayed June 2009
2 Thank akwilter
London
Reviewed 25 June 2009

My huband and I have just spent a lovely weekend at this guest house. It's close to the station and the centre of town, although the wrong side for the Royal Crescent. Incredibly friendly welcome, nice room with a comfortable four poster bed, Sky, flat screen tv and DvD player all in the room. The bathroom had a very relaxing jacuzzi bath, plenty of hot water and more Moulton Brown products than I've seen in a while. The gardens are stunning, breakfast was filling and very good quality. The bedroom was a little on the warm side but it was a hot weekend. The radiator was on in the bathroom which probably didn't help. It's not a flash hotel, there's no bar (but it is licenced) but we had a very relaxing, enjoyable time. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
UK
Reviewed 16 June 2009

We actually found the Paradise House on laterooms.com but a computer glich meant calling the hotel direct. From this call, right up till we checked out, we experienced a level of service rare in the UK - totally customer focused, but very relaxed and certainly not stuffy. The hotel is 10 minutes walk up a hill behind the station and so its terrace has stunning views over the city. There really is nothing to fault about the place - particular praise for the generous and quality breakfasts.

It's a hotel for couples which wants you to indulge in a warm and romantic city.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple