“Beautiful B&B”
Review of Paradise House B&B

Paradise House B&B
Ranked #4 of 159 Bath B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 April 2006

My wife, son (4yr), and I stayed at the Paradise Hotel for three nights in late March. The entire experience, the hotel and Bath was wonderful. The B&B is very nice in all respects. We had room #1 which looks out over the street / no view. It was still spacious even with an extra bed which was added for my son. It has a very nice 4 poster/canopy bed with nice bedding. The bathroom was modern with a nice bath and nice Molton Brown bath soaps. Breakfast was very nice. A good selection of fruits, cereals, breads, eggs. Our son had scambled eggs and smoked salmon a number of mornings and loved it. Every night we had a couple of "Gem" Ales delivered to the room. We also appreciated the VCR and tapes available - helped with the kid a couple of times. We found the location of the hotel great. I was just outside the 'downtown' just past the train station / river. There is a hill on the way back to the hotel. A lot of people have noted how daunting the hill is, but be real. We had a stroller and a 4 year old and made it home walking every night. Yes, I asked the 4 year old to get out and walk when we had the stroller to make it easier, but I also carried him on my shoulders once. We are in our early 40's so don't be afraid of the hill. A great way to burn off some of the calories from dinner. Dinner Resturants: Martini's - Good, Moon and Six Pence - Very Good, great wine list, Tilley's Bistro - Very Good, interesting / unique menu. Lunch Resturants - The Huntsman - Fine. Day Trips: Roman Baths - My kid loved it. Great guided and audio tour. City Tour Bus Ride - My kid loved it. Find a coupon somewhere 2 for 1. Good tour. Stonehenge: My wife thought it was a bunch of rocks, yes, but really old rocks. I liked it. About a 75 minutes to drive there. We ate at a Rose & Crown Pub on the way back to Bath.

Stayed: March 2006
10  Thank TravelTrio
Write a ReviewReviews (1,887)

Reviewed 28 March 2006

Having read all of the reviews on Paradise House Hotel, I was wondering if they really were true. I found a fantastic last minute offer on this hotel for a superior room including breakfast for £69 (one night) which I was really pleased about after reading the reviews. I can honestly say I have never been so happy with a hotel. It is well-run, superbly clean, and the room was fully-equipped. The breakfast was plentiful, delicious and not at all greasy which you would probably expect from a full fry-up.

Upon our arrival, we were greeted warmly by the hotel owner and we were invited into the drawing room where we were briefed about the hotel. We were then informed about what there is to do in Bath and where to eat out if we wished to do so. The bedrooms are also equiped with a book put together by the hotel owners with information about Bath and the hotel etc.

I was wondering what room my partner and I would get after other reviews claiming room 4 had the best view and room 5 was really good as well...to my surprise we were lucky to get room 4. The room is large and was immaculate upon entering. The en suite was spacious and sparkling clean. The view is amazing! All in all, the hotel and the room was wonderfully decorated and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there with no complaints about the hotel itself. The only drawback would be its location. Although it is really near to the city centre (approx. 10-15 mins walk uphill, 5 mins downhill), the hill is VERY steep. For two 20 year olds, this was a rather challenging climb, and both of us are usually rather fit walkers! In the evening, we got the taxi back which cost us £4.40 - (go to the taxi rank outisde Bath Abbey).

I would definitely return to Bath and Paradise House Hotel with no hestitation at all. My partner and I both needed a short well-earned rest and relaxing break and Paradise House Hotel definitely gave us that!

As for sight-seeing, I think we pretty much walked all around the city. It is quite an expensive place, but we would definitely recommend the Roman Baths (and try to join the tour that they give on an hourly basis) and the Royal Crescent for magnificent houses.

14  Thank Oriental Amelie
A TripAdvisor Member
San Diego, California
Reviewed 20 March 2006

Really enjoyed our stay here. The accomodations were excellent. Totally lived up to the review. Fabulous breakfasts. We stayed for two nights with our college age son who is studying at the U of London. Walkable to the town even though the hill was a bit daunting, we looked at is as great exercise. Loved Bath. Great trip from London. 1 1/2 hours by train. Took a day trip recommended by the Inn to Stone Henge and other locations. Would definitely stay again and recommend to anyone.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 March 2006

My girlfriend and I stayed here last week and we both loved it. We paid extra and had one of the rooms with the four poster bed and jacuzi bath and it was an amazing stay.

We were welcomed and everyone there was very friendly. They even lent us an umbrella because it wasn't one of bath's sunnist days!

The breakfast was nice and plentiful. In fact, neither of us ate again until 4pm, because we ate so much!

It is about a 10 minute walk from the centre, and allow 15 for the walk back, the hill rumours are true!!

A lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2006
13  Thank Damien_Collindale
Reviewed 9 March 2006

My husband and I have just spent a night at The Paradise Hotel and it was aptly named. The room (5) lived up to expectations - it has the most spectacular view of Bath and was very tastefully decorated. The bathroom was beautiful - as big as the bedroom with excellent shower and a roll top bath. After recently staying at the Queensberry Hotel which did not have tea/coffee making facilities in the room it was nice to see that they were available in this room,something which might seem unimportant to some, but would stop me from returning to the Queensberry. You can also order other drinks from downstairs to either have in your room or the beautiful drawing room overlooking the large well kept garden. We also made use of the video collection available for you to watch on the video player in the room. Breakfast was delicious, with a large choice including fresh fruit salad, an excellent full English breakfast or you can have scrambled eggs and smoked salmon.
As previously mentioned in other reviews be aware that there is a steep hill to walk back up if you walk into Bath - good exercise though!
The best thing of all was the very friendly service, nothing was too much trouble from ordering taxis, changing restaurant bookings to getting us drinks. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2006
5  Thank Warmheart
Reviewed 22 February 2006

We returned to the paradise house again after having discovered this hidden jewel last year. How refereshing to not be disappointed by a return visit in fact we had an even better time. Room 3 is fabulous the decor the view the bathroom devine!
We thank you so much for your attention to detail and for making us feel at home once more.

3  Thank bakedbeans73
Reviewed 20 February 2006

Friendly staff, great breakfasts, lovely room, relaxed atmosphere. Just a few of the good points. Stayed in room 12, the 4 poster room, which was incredibly comfortable. CD player, jacuzzi type bath.
I always like smiling service, they certainly know how to do it here. There may be a downward hill to the centre of bath, but it is suprising quick. The staff will also book a restaurant for you from the guide you will find in your room. They have a cat called George, he WILL make himself at home in your room, should you allow him in. But he is a lovely cat. Overall, a great place to relax and stay.

• Stayed: February 2006