“Great pub!”

Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Cork located on Westgate Buildings, Bath is situated within walking distance of all visitor attractions, shopping areas, the train station and coach park. The building where The Cork is, was historically a 'debtors' prison, and renovations have left the stunning Bath sandstone exposed. Comprising of two bars, two vaulted party pod booths, a conservatory and a large al fresco terrace area. The Cork offers an ideal location to socialise, relax, watch live sport or have a full on party! A full, varied range of wines, cocktails, hot beverages, real ales, cider, craft beers, plus an extensive list of whiskies, Bourbons and rums really make The Cork one of the places to visit in the UK. With a theme of fun fun and fun, The Cork has two Party Pods that can be hired for karaoke or live sports or to play your own music. A function area is available for larger parties too. Expect to see and listen to DJs, live bands, comedy acts and magicians, not to mention their own fun and games including the legendary Sunday night pub quiz. The food is fun too. All prepared on site, the hand crafted burgers, chili hot dogs, nachos and huge hand cut chips are legendary in Bath.
“Great pub!”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Always have a great time at the Cork, great atmosphere, food, and bar staff are quick to serve and very friendly. Love it!

• Visited April 2013

“Good atmosphere and prices”
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Good atmosphere and prices

Me and my family visited the cork on a Saturday, we found the staff very helpful and welcoming, couldn't of reckomended it enough, it was surprisingly busy for the time of day and I felt we were dealt with very well, prices for bath were not to bad either will definetly go back to try the menu.

Bath, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly Good Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

My Husband and I went for a pre-booked Sunday lunch with friends which happened to fall on Mother's Day. I had emailed asking if there was any availability a couple of days before and expected to be let down. I had a response quickly offering us a table and checking details. I wasn't sure what to expect as I'd only eaten there once before and that was a baguette type lunch (which I seem to remember was good). Three of us ordered the roast and one ordered sausages and mash. The staff were helpful when my husband asked what the vegetarian roast option was. We all enjoyed our meals very much. The food was tasty, with generous portions and everything was cooked to perfection. The food arrived promptly and the service was good. We would definitely go again for Sunday lunch.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank LorraineWB
Bath, United Kingdom
“Sunday Lunch At The Cork”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Not the first place that comes to mind for a Sunday lunch - middle of town pub that is very busy at night but ..............
£9.95 per head with a choice that day of leg of lamb, slow roasted belly of pork and beef all served with interesting veg, yorkire pud etc. Nice surroundings and a good size outdoor area. Unobtrusive but attentive staff who were more than happy to supply extra gravy. Sunday papers available and the bonus of international rugby on the T.V. Good selection of beers and lagers. As well as the roasts a selection of other meals including vegetarian are on offer. Recommended.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Pylesy
“Worst Sunday roast ever”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Went to the cork having worked all week hoping to have a really good Sunday roast. Could not have been more wrong in choosing the cork. My partner and I chose the beef and lamb and I have to say being a chef of more than 13 years this was the worst roast dinner I have ever eaten. They really need to change there chef and there butcher as the beef and lamb were tasteless and full of fat and gristle and basically in edible. No care from the staff and for £9.95 a total and complete rip off. Just to say the parsnip cake thing that was on our plates was the most disgusting thing I think I have ever tasted!!

Jim C, Manager at The Cork, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Thank you for your comments.

We take our home cooked food very seriously and use a local butchers that has probably the best reputation in the City.

We've had another review at the same time of yours stating the complete opposite.

Generally our food is scored almost top marks every time.

Feel free to come in to discuss with me and I'm sorry you feel the experience wasn't as you expected.

Many thanks.