“Bad service, bad presentation”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Cork

The Cork
Ranked #166 of 567 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$4 - US$17
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television
Description: The Cork located on Westgate Buildings, Bath is situated within walking distance of all visitor attractions, shopping areas, the train station and coach park. The building where The Cork is, was historically a 'debtors' prison, and renovations have left the stunning Bath sandstone exposed. Comprising of two bars, two vaulted party pod booths, a conservatory and a large al fresco terrace area. The Cork offers an ideal location to socialise, relax, watch live sport or have a full on party! A full, varied range of wines, cocktails, hot beverages, real ales, cider, craft beers, plus an extensive list of whiskies, Bourbons and rums really make The Cork one of the places to visit in the UK. With a theme of fun fun and fun, The Cork has two Party Pods that can be hired for karaoke or live sports or to play your own music. A function area is available for larger parties too. Expect to see and listen to DJs, live bands, comedy acts and magicians, not to mention their own fun and games including the legendary Sunday night pub quiz. The food is fun too. All prepared on site, the hand crafted burgers, chili hot dogs, nachos and huge hand cut chips are legendary in Bath.
London
“Bad service, bad presentation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

Apparently we arrived at a time when the kitchen were 'very busy', most of us ordered burgers for lunch and when our order arrived we all looked at our plates knowing something was missing, which was the coleslaw and left little to be desired. The waitress sharply told us they had run out, but no-one told us upon ordering. We asked for a side salad or something, and she said she would ask the chef, but the kitchen was very busy. She did in fact bring out a plate of salad for 8 of us to share.... One order was the fish finger ciabatta sandwich which looked delicious, and presented nicely on a wooden board, but we ordered it without tartar sauce which they got wrong so we had to send that back but then it arrived on just a normal plate which i thought was odd.

Visited May 2013
Jim C, General Manager at The Cork, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Hi

I'm sorry that we didn't explain to you that there was no coleslaw left during the very busy service. It sounded like the situation was rectified by giving you all a bowl of salad to share.

I'm sorry too that the kitchen made a mistake by putting sauce on the fish finger sandwich, an easy mistake I'm sure you would agree, especially in a busy service. This again was rectified as you stated.

I'm sorry it didn't come on a wood board but we only have so many.

Thank you.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

Fantastic lunch prices, included is a soft drink and a lovely lunch, the menu has a wide range of food, it is hard to select sometimes so make sure a 2nd visit in the same week.
Friendly helpful staff, even at busy times you don't wait very long, as they realise you only have a limited time scale. The desserts are also worth having.

A place I would highly recommend for lunch during the week, as can't comment about weekends.

• Visited February 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
“Great pub!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

Always have a great time at the Cork, great atmosphere, food, and bar staff are quick to serve and very friendly. Love it!

• Visited April 2013
“Good atmosphere and prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

Good atmosphere and prices

Me and my family visited the cork on a Saturday, we found the staff very helpful and welcoming, couldn't of reckomended it enough, it was surprisingly busy for the time of day and I felt we were dealt with very well, prices for bath were not to bad either will definetly go back to try the menu.

Bath, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly Good Sunday Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

My Husband and I went for a pre-booked Sunday lunch with friends which happened to fall on Mother's Day. I had emailed asking if there was any availability a couple of days before and expected to be let down. I had a response quickly offering us a table and checking details. I wasn't sure what to expect as I'd only eaten there once before and that was a baguette type lunch (which I seem to remember was good). Three of us ordered the roast and one ordered sausages and mash. The staff were helpful when my husband asked what the vegetarian roast option was. We all enjoyed our meals very much. The food was tasty, with generous portions and everything was cooked to perfection. The food arrived promptly and the service was good. We would definitely go again for Sunday lunch.

• Visited March 2013