“Fantastico Italiano!”

Price range: US$21 - US$84
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Traditional and authentic italian restaurant
Reviewed 8 October 2011

What a find! I'm a bit choosy about my Italian restaurants, but this place could have been located in the middle of Rome. The 3 of us thoroughly enjoyed our dishes, particularly the cioppino and grilled swordfish. Great location near the city center, menu with wonderful specials that change daily, and friendly but not over-bearing service. Can't wait to return.

Reviewed 5 October 2011

Wonderful, original food and menu, excellent service, great atmosphere and ambience. Franco has created a wonderful slice of Italy in Bath. One of the most enjoyable evenings recently spent in this town -- if I still lived there, I would be there every month.....or perhaps every week!

Reviewed 5 October 2011

Fantastic food, beautifully presented. Service and atmosphere great too. We enjoyed a good value lunch menu for £9.95. The rest of the menu looked tempting too. Based on our experience, I can't recommend this place highly enough.

Reviewed 2 October 2011

We live in Bath and have been here many times. It is situated in a lovely part of the City midway between the Royal Crescent and the Circus, two of the great architectural landmarks. Run by two brothers, the restaurant itself is unassuming but homely. The food is unpretentious authentic Italian cooking and delicous. We have never had a bad experience in this restaurant and all our friends that visit us are delighted with our choice of venue.

Reviewed 29 September 2011

If I tell you this is the best italian restaurant I have even been in the country, you would probably think I am exaggerating it as I did when I looked at all the previous comment on here. But, they are all true actually!
I was helping my friend organising her birthday dinner. There were 13 of us. All the food were very well-served and presented. All food are coming almost at the same time for such a big group. The portion given is generous. They were also very accommodating with our requests, especially our surprise cake for the birthday girl. Most of us had pasta as mains, and it was absolutely fresh and tasty.
It might not be the cheapest italian restaurant, but it is in an affordable range even most of us are students, and it definitely worth every single penny.
Highly recommended.