“looked good so stopped off for drinks.”
Review of Rustico Bistro

Rustico Bistro
Ranked #33 of 620 Restaurants in Bath
Price range: US$21 - US$85
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Traditional and authentic italian restaurant
Reviewed 8 June 2014

we stopped off here just for drinks but the food looked excellent.
It was 3pm and after visiting Royal Crescent we decided we would like to sit down for a rest and a quick drink outside in the sunshine before moving on ,.As it was a restaurant we asked if we could have just drinks and this was not a problem .
Other people around us where eating and the meals looked good.
Service was friendly and welcoming going by what I saw in the way of food it all looked very good and lots of clean plates and smiley faces.
Its off the beaten track and down a side street, but I feel its worth finding if you want to eat Italian.
we would have eaten here but had already booked dinner at another restaurant close by.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We were wandering around Bath and as we walked away from the Royal Crescent we were looking for somewhere to have lunch. The children chose Rustico at random - to be honest it doesn't look too much from the outside but boy did the kids do well! This was as good a genuine Italian meal as we have ever had - freshly prepared with fresh ingredients and a good choice at fair prices. We had a Spanish couple with us and they were very impressed too - not something that happens much in the UK for them!!
I am not one for going to the chef - unless its to moan - but this time I went and told the chef what an excellent meal it was and thanked him.
Next time I'm in Bath we'll be heading for this place again and I recommend you give it a try. If you want British Italian then perhaps this isn't for you but if you want genuine italian dishes then this is perfect.
PS the place is much bigger than it looks from outside - lots of table downstairs.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

This is the fifth time we've been here. It's a really nice, small and cosy italian restaurant and we love the fact that the two italian owners chat to you and greet you when you arrive. Food is really fresh and authentic. Lovely pasta dishes and reasonably priced. Sotto Sotto is awesome too but this place has got the charm factor given its size and also you're more likely to get at table at the weekend!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Set in a small unit, in a quite pedestrianised road otherwise containing antique shops, Rustico is a glorious little place. We were made to feel very welcome by the host and the chef. There is a tempting specials board, and an equally tempting main menu.

All the hot food was cooked fresh from the small kitchen that adjoins the restaurant area and came out well presented and very tasty - it was a pleasure to see it prepared too. The wine recommendation was also very good. The desserts were prepared beforehand, but were still none-the-less excellent.

With the decor tastefully done with Italian photographs and the love that clearly goes into the menu food, I wholeheartedly recommend this place.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Wow, as a birthday celebration we researched for a highly recommended restaurant, and we were NOT disappointed. A lovely atmosphere as we entered and straight away our welcoming was very warm by the owners. We chose our meal after an in depth explanation of the specials board and these specials were so popular they did not last long! The food was exceptional, I had fettuccine rustico ( chicken in a creamy mushroom sauce and pasta) to start and my husband had the wild boar sausage, both starters were beautiful. For my main course I ordered the steak from the specials board and my husband had the Cioppino (a fish casserole) the sauce of this dish was exquisite, so deep in taste, really lovely! We were so full from our dinner that unfortunately we couldn't fit in a dessert but we shall definitely make room for one on our next visit! If you are looking for a romantic Italian evening with authentic Italian food then you must visit here. We were in Bath all that weekend and we did not have as nice a meal as that first night, plus the cost was not expensive. Eat here, you won't regret it!