The Windsor
US$496
US$378
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$426/night.

US$188
US$175
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$196/night.

US$218
US$205
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/06
Book now, pay at stay
US$108
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$133/night.

US$288
US$216
  • Pool
Bailbrook House Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$136
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$169/night.

US$147
US$120
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$136/night.

The Bath Priory(Bath)
US$346
US$262
US$143
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$177/night.

US$222
US$209
Agoda.com
All reviewscontinental breakfastparking permitprivate gardenguest housebeautiful streetgeorgian townhouseno liftbasement roomtop floorperfect locationlovely guesthousepulteney bridgecity centresingle roomcooked optionsflights of stairsfour poster
Reviewed 9 April 2014

It was a great experience staying at the Windsor. The staff were friendly, helpful and welcoming. The room was sweet with a pretty outlook. Little disappointed that the cooked breakfast wasn't included - but that's a small thing. Overall - great!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
tintraveller, Owner at The Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for your review, great that you enjoyed the location, your pretty room and our helpful staff, sorry you felt the breakfast should be included in the room rate, but it does help to keep the room rate down for those who would not chose to have one included and have to pay anyway. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Spent four nights at The Windsor along with friends. We both had Superior Double Rooms which were excellent. Staff, extremely pleasant and helpful. Location is magnificient situated as it is in Great Pulteney Street. I would certainly recommend this location for a short stay where nothing is too much trouble.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
tintraveller, Owner at The Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Thank you so much for your review, I was so pleased to hear you were happy with our great location and friendly and helpful staff, ill pass this on to all concerned. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed here for a one night visit to Bath. We had the four poster room which was lovely (although a little twee… it was very flowery!) but it was a good size and the bathroom, although not very large, was also good. The bed was incredibly comfortable :-)

The staff were very welcoming and helpful and gave us great recommendations for places to eat and drink in as well as directions for places to visit.

The hotel is within very easy walking distance of the city centre (well it's in the city centre!) and is about a 10 minute walk from the station, certainly it's easier to walk than to get a taxi. The road that the hotel is on is lovely….

The breakfast was great and served until 10am which is great for a Saturday, although you have to pay extra for a cooked breakfast.

Not surprisingly you could hear quite a bit of noise from the street, but that wasn't a problem!

It was a lovely place to stay….

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
tintraveller, Owner at The Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for your lovely review, we are happy you liked your room, if a little twee..(come on, we all love that really?!) and that my great girls looked after you so well. I find the shutters on the windows are great to close if you are sensitive to noise, although I am surprised you heard anything at all as it is generally so quiet here! Do come back and see us sometime.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We came to bath for an overnight stay as my daughter was visiting bridal shops . Upon arrival , I was delighted with the beautiful avenue that the hotel was situated in . Going into the hotel we were met by a very friendly and welcoming young woman . My daughters were allocated a room at the top of the house . It was a lovely warm and comfy room . I had been upgraded and my room was absolutely stunning , a perfect ladies room so pretty and the bed was so comfortable . I had views from the two huge front windows of the avenue . All together fab . I would definitely return and would try to get this very room again , it was called princess .. Lovely oh yes breakfast was continental in room rate but a wide choice of other cooked foods for extra. The continental was ample and was served by a very polite young girl .

Room Tip: Princess room wonderful for couples or ladies travelling alone
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
tintraveller, Owner at The Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you so much for your super review. It was so nice to have you and your daughter with us, did she find a wedding dress? We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Before reading, I do warn I am a rather tight Yorkshireman, but I am also easily pleased so I feel my reviews are fair.

Pros:

We paid £165 for a room which was rather small, but had everything you needed and the bathroom was lovely, even if the bath would struggle to fit an umpa lumpa in!! (the shower is great though). It's a great central location, a couple minutes away from anything you need. It feels quite posh inside and the staff are the best bit of the Windsor, they're really lovely. The bed was amazingly compfy to.

Cons:

The stairs were very high, I'm fine with this, but I'd warn anyone who isn't fit to make sure you get a low level room.

Breakfast is poor. It's just cereal, bread & jam, and yoghurt, teas and fruits, and it's not in a buffet style (which I quite liked actually) but when all you have is such a poor choice, I kind of wanted a buffet actually as If im only allowed toast I'd like to be able to glam it up a bit with more portions of butter and jam. if you want cooked breakfast you have to pay another £7.

We only stayed one night so it was fine for us but I wouldn't want toast every morning for very long!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
tintraveller, Owner at The Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you for your review, I was glad to hear your positive comments.
The bathroom in your room has been recently refurbished, with the addition of the new fixtures such as the shower you liked so much. The bath is small, but quite unique. (We were constrained by the restrictions of the building, so decided to fit super shower fittings to compensate)
I am pleased you found the bed comfortable and the location and staff so well received.
As far as the breakfast is concerned, we made the decision to offer full table service to enhance the guest experience over the breakfast period and have one to one contact with all customers during this time. Personally, I find buffets imperfect and impersonal. There is no limit to quantities of the continental breakfast, more of anything would have been brought happily to you had you asked. do come back and see us sometime.