“Avoid Avoid Avoid At All Costs!!”
Review of Wentworth House

Wentworth House
Ranked #147 of 157 Bath B&B and Inns
leatherhead
“Avoid Avoid Avoid At All Costs!!”
Reviewed 22 February 2009

Avoid this hotel at all costs. They stole £75 of my money. They gave the wrong room (a twin when i ordered a double) in which there was dust everywhere, odd stains under the matress and an indescribable stain on the bed cover. we then got moved to the pokiest double room i've ever seen where there was, what we can only presume to be blood on the inside of the bed and an fungus type thing growing out of the skirting. the dust on the bedside table was about 2mm thick. There was mould on all of the walls and the bathroom looked like it has never been cleaned. The staff are rude and unhelpful and still owe me my money and the girl who told me i couldn't get a refund laughed as she told me. Trading standards, environmental health, the AA and my family solicitor have all been informed. AVOID AVOID AVOID!! find a nice B&B as there are hundreds in Bath.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank danmagnet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Derby
Reviewed 8 February 2009

Have just arrived home from Wentworth House and felt I had to write just to put things right about this hotel We had a great time and found the room to be very clean and tidy , the staff eager tohelp and the location ideal the only bad side being the weather !

• Liked — very good location
  • Disliked — the weather
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank ram93
Delhi
Reviewed 7 January 2009

One of my best stay in Bath with the cost i spended.Staff pleasing ,helpful .Breakfast was hot and fresh with fresh fruits which i like the best.Stayed for three days rooms were clean and madeup everyday.My son and wife like to come back and enjoy Hot tub again .Had dinner first night which was home made and delicious.

• Liked — Staff and my room
  • Disliked — to leave after three days
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lichfield
Reviewed 7 January 2009

My husband and I decided on a 2 night break to round off the Christmas holiday. The main attraction of the hotel was the hot tub.

We arriv ed and were shown to our room, which was very cold. We were told this would improve, it did but still not adequate to combat the cold weather.

There was no courtain in the clear window of the bathroom - the manager cheerfully said it had been like that for 3 years!

The dining room at breakfast was ABSOLUTELY FREEZING. They were too mean to put the 2 small heaters on before guests came in for breakfast. Some of the ingredients in the breakfast were cheap and nasty and the food on one day, lukewarm.

There was an underlying odour of indian cooking in the hotel - had it been a restaurant that would have been fine, but NOT the country house hotel Wentworth House is advertised as!

The hot tub was good (warmest place in the hotel).

The dress code of management and staff left something to be desired.

Overall - CRAP and at £95 per night RUBBISH VALUE.

Bath Tourist Information have taken this hotel off their recommendation list as it is so bad.

IT WOULD PROBABLY BENEFIT (soon) by a visit from Environmental Health and the HOTEL INSPECTOR!

vERY VERY DISAPPOINTING.

i DID SEND AN E MAIL TO POINT OUT THE NEGATIVE ISSUES - Manager says they will be attended to. Looking a the 50 plus reviews of this hotel - I don't believe it.

• Liked — sachet of hot chocolate!
  • Disliked — Arctic temperature
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sixtypluses

Travellers are raving about these Bath hotels

southampton, hants
Reviewed 1 January 2009

We stayed in this hotel for one night and we found it adequate for our needs, as it was just a base we didn't spend a huge amount of time there but the room was clean and tidy ( could do with a bit of redecoration).
The food at breakfast was good but the coffee and water for the tea makings were cold.
As for the people moaning about the walk to the centre of bath and back should stop being so lazy.

• Stayed November 2008
1 Thank firedj
London, England
Reviewed 28 December 2008

After looking at some of the hotels on the Visit Bath website, I thought I would treat my family to a luxury break at this hotel. The room cost more than I wanted to pay, but then again, we were getting an extra large room and four poster bed, or so I thought. When we arrived, I was immediately struck by the shabby and outdated decor. The staff were oblivious to our arrival and ignored us for 15 minutes as they talked on the phone and to each other. After finally getting to our room, I realised that I had wasted my money and that the luxury break I had anticipated was, instead, going to be a battle of endurance! The room was very drab and their was a distinct odour everywhere. The bathroom was awful and there was no heating in the room, despite the freezing weather. As we came to visit the town centre, we quickly left the room for our 10 minute walk to the town...this walk was so arduous that we had to take a taxi back in the evening. So, to sum up, the service was appaling, the room was shappy and the location is a hassle if you want to be able to walk quickly to and from the town centre! Avoid at all costs!

• Liked — walking out of the door for the last time
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Chelseatina
UK
Reviewed 30 November 2008

We checked in around 2 in the afternoon we were shown to our room and on entering we instantly noticed how cold it was. There was no heating on and so we decided to go out assuming it would be warm when we got back. We arrived back to the hotel at 8pm and still there was no heating on. We were freezing and phoned the reception to see when it would come on. They told us 10 o'clock. Unbelievable considering it was a freezing November night..... A shower was out of the question.
The toilet seat was broken and the extractor fan didn't work.
One day the bed wasn't made and the tea, coffee and milk was not replenished. The room door was left open so anyone could have gone in! When we complained we were met with an unsympathetic attitude. They told us that they have problems with their staff!! We told them it was unnacceptable when paying £135.00 a night and we really did expect better than this.
The walls were paper thin and we could hear conversations from other rooms.
On the second night a hen party came in from a night out and partied on into the small hours making it impossible to sleep....the management seemed oblivious to the fact that there were other guests in the hotel too!
The breakfast was edible but there were not enough staff to cope with the amount of guests meaning we had to wait 20 minutes to be served. They ran out of bread and had to go out to buy more!
All in all a dissapointing experience.

Stayed November 2008