“Super B&B”
Review of Dorian House

Dorian House
Ranked #20 of 159 Bath B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We only stayed one night in order to attend a graduation ceremony with an early start. Our room was very comfortable with plenty of little extras like a coffee machine, toiletries and mending kit.
We only used the shower which was over the bath but it was easy to operate and had good water pressure.
Breakfast was delicious and nicely presented with a good selection on the menu.
The host and hostess could not have been more welcoming, offering maps and information on the city. We were invited to come down a little early breakfast as we had to be on our way quite promptly.
All in all an excellent place to stay in Bath, not too far out of the city to walk.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Write a ReviewReviews (1,114)

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed in the four poster room at the front of the house on the first floor for two nights. It has great views of Bath and the room was very comfortable.
The bed needed more bedding layers as it was quite warm but you could only have the duvet on or off.
The bathroom was adequate but a little small and the water temperature in the shower seemed to be quite changeable. On the second morning the water pressure was so low that I had to run around in the shower to get wet!
The breakfast was good with plenty of choice and was in a very nice room overlooking the rear garden.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The stay was great. One thing I particularly enjoyed was the space in the room as we walked in. Even great hotels and BnBs that offer great services don't offer this kind of space which is really important. We had a nice big 4poster bed which was I have to say - very comfortable. We nearly decided to stay in bed instead of visiting Bath !
The night was quiet, no noise. And the breakfast was the best part. Well done on the effort in the detail. My partner and I are quite particular about what food we eat and we were thrilled to see fresh, local and organic food. Detail like heavy cutlery, no paper napkins, freshly ground salt and pepper... All added to the stay. The only thing I did not enjoy was the 3point turn on the hill I had to park my car in !!! But I guess I can count that as more driving experience :) oh and lovely hosts.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

dorian house is a unique place -lovely friendly staff -fantastic service -lovely full breakfast -parking is a bit of a problem if you have a big car -the pathway to the house is quite steep -only walking distance to the centre -or £5 by taxi -we only stayed one evening -but very good value for money .

Room Tip: our room backed onto back garden -quiet and plenty of space -lovely four poster bed was a plus .
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I took my daughter to Bath for a post A level treat and Dorian House provided the perfect welcome for our stay. The bedroom was decorated beautifully, (as is the whole house), with an extremely comfortable bed. We were provided with bottles of still and sparkling water as well as tea and coffee making facilities. As a coffee lover I was very happy to find a Nespresso machine in the room, along with a generous selection of coffee capsules. Breakfast was very generous and served in the bright and airy conservatory.
Dorian House is only a 10 minute walk from the city centre and it was good to be able to leave the car in their car park and forget about it for a couple of days. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My husband and i stayed here for 2 nights. We booked the cheapest of the double rooms, which was very nice. Good quality furnishings/bedding/TV/toiletries/tea & coffee/water, which were all enjoyed. The room and en suite were a little small, however perfectly fine for 2 nights. We had a lovely view. All very clean.

Breakfast in the conservatory, which has sliding doors opening to a patio area where you can sit if you wish was really lovely. It felt very open, clean and fresh.The food and prompt service was great, i cant fault it.

The only very small negative was the kettle in our room needed to be de-scaled. I ended up with bits of scaly stuff from the hard water in my tea. I really enjoyed having these facilities in the room, if they de-scale it, then it is perfect.

Overall, the staff are welcoming, efficient and professional.I would stay here again if visiting Bath.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed for one night whilst visiting Bath and the location of the property is great for exploring this beautiful town. Walking to the centre was about a 10-15 minute walk and parking was available on site so we explored everything on foot.

Accommodation - great size room, very clean and spacious. Lots of facilities, such as coffee, biscuits and water provided in the room. We had a ground floor room located at the front of the property which gave us access from the front garden, which made coming and going very easy. The bathroom was a good size, very clean, although I would have liked to have a bath - but was very content with just a shower for one night!

The breakfast was great! Hot food made to order, and a good selection of cereals, fruit and juices on the side.

The staff from what we saw were very pleasant and offered to help with directions, maps etc when we arrived and when we left. We also wanted to leave the car on site after we checked out in order to do some more exploring and this also wasn't a problem.

Overall, this is a lovely guest house and I would definitely stay again when visiting Bath.