“very enjoyable stay”
Review of Dorian House

Dorian House
Ranked #19 of 156 Bath B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 February 2011

my husband my mum and myself stayed at this hotel for two nights, we were in bath for my 50th birthday, and the hotel was excellent, the rooms were comfy and warm and clean, the staff were very helpful and always asking if we needed anything, and told us how to get into the city where the best resturants were, if you get a room at the front of hotel then you get an amazing view overlooking bath, there is a 10 min walk into the city downhill going but a bit of a trek coming back up,
breakfast is great
we would definitly recomend this hotel, and would go back again

• Stayed: February 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (1,115)

Reviewed 9 February 2011

We stayed in the "Du Pre" en-suite room, 4 poster with good room ameneties even down to a mending kit.
The hotel location is fairly quiet, breakfasts were comprehensive, parking and Wi-Fi available as well as a computer in the lounge..
Its a 15 minute walk into Bath down a hill but there are frequent buses. Parking in Bath is not advised. The hotel owner is a prinipal cellist once taught by Du Pre and we heard him play Elgar in the Abbey. A wonderful highlight to a wonderful extremely comfortable stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2011

Beautiful building retaining original features. Very calming and relaxing atmosphere. Friendly and helpful staff. Ten minutes walk (down hill), to Bath. Outstanding views. Car parking - but very steep.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2011

I would highly recommend Dorian House. It's a fabulous, plush little boutique bed & breakfast.

We were nicely greeted upon arrival and instantly felt welcome.

The room we stayed in was gorgeous, bed was lovely and comfortable, en suite was clean, we had everything we needed and to top it all off we had a beautiful view of Bath town from our window.

There is parking for guests too and on day of arrival you can park until 2pm, which I think its great.
Also, there is free wi-fi which we found very useful when looking for places to go to during our stay. Additionally, there are lots of leaflets and tourist info in the lounge area of the house too.

We enjoyed a lovely full-english breakfast, service was nice and friendly, food was served swiftly and was to a good standard.

Me and my partner really enjoyed our stay and are even planning to return! We would highly recommend this establishment to any visitor to Bath.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2011

Stayed here for one night last week with my husband and some friends. Staff friendly and welcoming. Felt mre like a small hotel than a guest house which suited us just fine. Room was very clean with a fantastic shower. Bed was comfortable. Nice selection of tea, coffee and hot chocolate with biscuits also two large bottles of complementary water. Breakfast was good in lovely bright room looking out at garden. Would come again and would recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2011

My Partner and I had a lovely time here. The room was lovely, with great views. The staff were welcoming and advised us where to eat and places to visit. The breakfast was excellent. We will be going back in the Spring!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2011

What a luxurious bed and breakfast! The standard of the hotel was impeccable – I almost didn't want to leave my room. Great, friendly service from all the hotel staff – they made sure our stay was comfortable and their recommendations meant that we made the most of our visit to Bath. A 10 minute walk down the hill and you're in the centre of it all. A handy base to explore the area but also perfect if all you want to do is relax. It was quite cold when we visited but I could see myself relaxing in the hotel's pretty garden, in warmer months. An ideal getaway that I'd highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2010