“Wonderful hotel, highly recommended”
Review of The Kennard

The Kennard
Ranked #11 of 154 Bath B&B and Inns
Dallas
“Wonderful hotel, highly recommended”
Reviewed 5 April 2008

Found the Kennard here on Trip Advisor. It exceeded all expectations.

Giovanni and Mary are charming, wonderful hosts. The rooms are beautiful, hot water plentiful, breakfast delicious.

The hotel is gorgeous, well-situated, and the garden is lovely.

We hope to return many times. This is an absolutely fabulous place to stay.

• Liked — We thought it was perfect.
  • Disliked — There is nothing to not like.
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Korean first
Patara
Reviewed 4 April 2008

My business colleague and I have been staying off and on at the Kennard for the last 5/6 weeks. We have received excellent service and the hotel proprietors are friendly and helpful. The hotel is the cleanest I have ever stayed in and the breakfast is wonderful, it makes working away from home more enjoyable.

• Liked — Cleanliness, excellent breakfast and walking distance to facilities of Bath
  • Disliked — Stairs to the top floor
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
Surrey
Reviewed 2 April 2008

My business partner and I were starting some work for a few weeks in Bath. We tried to book another hotel but they had no availability for the first few days. We stumbled across the Kennard by accident and planned to stay for just a few nights until there was availability in the original hotel. Six weeks later and we are still at the Kennard!!

From the moment we arrived, we felt that our every need was taken care of my Giovanni and Mary although everything is very discreet. The hotel is spotlessly clean (more than many 5* hotels I've stayed in) and the rooms very comfortable and well appointed.

Giovanni was more than happy to provide early breakfasts (to enable us to get to work early) which are delicious and plentiful. The location of the Kennard is superb and the complimentary parking a huge bonus in a city where parking is at a premium.

Whether on travelling to Bath on business or having a weekend away with my husband, I wouldn't stay anywhere else. I think it would be difficult to surpass the Kennard.

• Liked — Convenience to the city centre
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled on business
York
Reviewed 2 April 2008

We wanted to stay another night in Bath and our hotel owner recommended the Kennard. We booked in and enjoyed our stay.
Pleasant walk into the city centre. Very nice owners.

Manchester
Reviewed 28 March 2008

Spent a wonderful 3 nights at the Kennard Hotel. Great location in a traditional Bath crescent street - just a couple of minutes walk to the city centre. The hotel even provide you with a complimentary parking permit.
Our room was room 8 - The Paisley Room. A bit of a climb to the third floor (especially after a big evening meal) but the climb was worth it. The room was beautiful, spotlessly clean and very comfortable.
Our hosts were very attentive, warm and friendly. They produced and served a fabulous quality breakfast.
My wife and I booked the midweek romantic break offer and were delighted with our complimentary hand made chocolates, a bottle of chilled spumante, and a very generous bunch of red roses.
Now that we've found this hotel we'll never stay anywhere else when we visit our son in Bath!

• Liked — Character, comfort, quality & elegance
  • Disliked — The walk up to the third floor
Northants, UK
Reviewed 16 February 2008

My husband and I booked a last minute long weekend to Bath and contacted the Kennard Hotel after checking Trip Advisor reviews.
The Kennard is in an ideal location on Henrietta Street about 5 minutes walk to the city centre.
As part of the price you receive a residents parking permit which is essential in the local area, it did take a couple of drives around the block to find a space but assume this varies depending on the time of day.
The hotel is decorated to a very high standard and is spotlessly clean.
A slight disappointment was the size of our room and bathroom, they were on the small side (we had the garden room) however I imagine that this is a common theme in period property hotels in Bath.
The breakfast was great, my husband commenting that it was the best hotel breakfast he could remember having for a long time! Again a small niggle that breakfast is served between 8.00 and 9.15. A slightly longer service with a later finish would have been great, particularly on a Sunday morning, most of the hotel guests did seem to arrive in the dining room just after 9am!
Overall we did enjoy our stay, the hosts were very welcoming and friendly and met any requests with speed and a smile. I would recommend.

• Liked — Location and standards of decor and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Early breakfast!
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
London, England
Reviewed 15 February 2008

I stayed for 2 nights in December during the Christmas Market and I had a lovely holiday there. The Hotel is literally 4-minutes' walk from the town centre but in a very nice and quiet street. The blue room where I stayed is the biggest one and it was fantastic but I believe that also the other rooms are up to that standard. In the bathroom I had products from Molton Brown.
The owners are very nice and friendly and will take care of you. The breakfast room is a loveyl room in the basement and there you can have a great breakfast, cereals, yogurts, marmelate, toasts, English breakfast etc.
I would recommend this place to everyone who want to enjoy Bath.

• Liked — room
  • Disliked — the shower
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with friends