“excellent location and food”
Review of Hilton Bath City

Ranked #26 of 34 Hotels in Bath
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 May 2011

excellent location and food at this city center hotel. Great service from all staff, room was at the back of hotel and had a great veiw of the avon river. Breakfast was very good with lots of choice had dinner on the 1st night and was excellent but the restaurant and bar need updating like the new rooms also be aware parking is £21 per night but very convenient

Room Tip: ask for any of the new rooms with air/con
1  Thank TAL78
kimBath, Administrator at Hilton Bath City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2011

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your positive comments on this website and I wanted to personally respond and thank you.

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to our staff. I am glad you received great service and you enjoyed the location of the hotel. We are very fortunate with the central location and the views of the River Avon and Pulteney Bridge.

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your breakfast, I will ensure your comments are passed to our Head Chef and his team.

I note your comments regarding the restaurant and bar area. As part of our ongoing refurbishment we are hoping to address these areas at the end of this year, beginning of next year.

We are undergoing constant change to improve the guest experience and I hope to welcome you back in the near future to experience this for yourself.

Hilton Bath City

Write a ReviewReviews (2,945)

Reviewed 18 May 2011

Stayed at the Hilton Bath for a couple nights a few weeks ago.
Check in was with the standard Hilton courteous helpful staff and was quick and straight forward.
The room we stayed in was a double deluxe room, nice and roomy with a large bathroom and had all the usual facilities, tea/coffee making, extras in the bathroom, large tv, mini bar etc. The room looked out over Bath and the river and gave a pleasant view,The car parking option is £21 for 24 hours, and given Baths reputation for car parking, it is well worth taking it up as it is safe and manned, and it is situated under the hotel. Had a few small problems which were dealt with easily by the staff. The hotel is in an ideal position right in the centre of the city so you can go back to the hotel for a rest if you need one after walking round. Breakfast is the usual hilton quality with plenty of variation and something to suit all tastes, also the breakfast waiting staff were pleasant and hard working, the lounge was okay(although it seem to be part of the breakfast room and needs to be blocked off from it somehow to create a better ambiance), however , may I say it ,does a nice pint of Peroni.
Did not eat dinner at the Hotel as there are very many different types of Restaurants all within a short walk from the hotel, although the hotel did have special offers for dinner.
In conclusion, the usual hilton standard and well worth visiting, and yes I would go again and have already booked two nights in July.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dozydai

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your comments on this website and I wanted to personally reply to you.

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to our staff and hotel. We certainly are very fortunate with our central location.

I was extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and plan to return again in July. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 18 May 2011

We've really enjoyed our stay at the Bath Hilton, the location is perfect for exploring Bath and the service that we've received was excellent too. We've booked family room which was large and tastefully decorated. Unfortunately the TV entertainment system in our room was down when we wanted to watch a movie but the manager ( his name is Jirko we believe) has arranged for us to watch the movie in the room next door free of charge and save us the hassle to move room. The breakfast is very good with a vast selection of hot and cold food. We will definitely be staying there for our next visit to Bath.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to our staff and hotel. I was very pleased to read you enjoyed the location of the hotel, we certainly are very fortunate with the central location.

I note your kind comments regarding our Duty Manger, Jirka, and that he was able to assist you with an alternative room to watch your chosen movie. I will ensure your kind comments are passed on.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. I hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bath City.

Reviewed 16 May 2011

This is a very well run 4 star Hilton in a perfect location in the centre of Bath. We stayed here for two nights in a larger than average room, overlooking the river, and could not have chosen a better place to stay.

Breakfast on both days was excellent, with the full choice we come to expect from a Hilton hotel. The staff were very helpful at check-in and check-out and always pleasant and polite.

The only slight disappointment was the bar/lounge area. It was attached to the restaurant and didn’t seem to have its own identity as a place to relax in. Having said this, we would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and we’ll definitely be staying there again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back overlook the river.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank persean
kimBath, Administrator at Hilton Bath City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2011

Dear Sir/Madam

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to the Hilton Bath City and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us we certainly are very fortunate with our central location.

I was extremely pleased to read that you enjoyed your breakfast with us and that you found all our staff helpful, pleasant and polite.

I note your comments regarding our bar/lounge area. This area along with our restaurant is due to be addressed as part of our refurbishment plans and we hope that this will be at the end of this year or beginning of next year.

I am pleased to note that you would not hesitate to recommend our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 May 2011

Stayed for a long weekend. Location of the hotel is perfect. The rooms are clean but very very small, our room had a shower but no bath and I was rather dissapointed as I do like a nice soak. We were there for a Ladies Festival so there was a large group of us. One person serving behind the bar, so long queues for drinks (expensive to boot) waiting staff for breakfast were not the best and waiting for tea & coffee on both the mornings we were there was a long wait. I was actuall told on the first morning to share someone elses tea that was sat on the same table ! Bath is beautiful and I will be going back but would not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank XBunnyX

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I wanted to personally reply and thank you for your feedback.

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to our hotel. We certainly are very fortunate with the central location and the views of the River Avon and Pulteney Bridge.

I understand your comment in regards to the size of your room. The hotel was built in 1974, and the standard of hotel room layout has dramatically changed over the last 30 years. We have a fantastic location, but are limited due to the size of our building. I can assure you our newer deluxe rooms are larger in size (these were added in 1990).

I note your feedback regarding no bath being available in your room. We do have rooms with a bath and these are available upon request.

I was extremely sorry to note your comments regarding only one member of staff behind the bar and the slow service you received in the restaurant. I have today raised this with our Restaurant and Bar Manager thank you for bringing this to my attention.

We are undergoing constant change to improve the guest experience and I hope we can welcome you back in the near future to experience this for yourself.

Reviewed 13 May 2011

Excellent location, worth taking up their car parking option. Service perfect. Evening meal was most enjoyable, breakfast wonderful. A superb stay

Dear Sir/Madam

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to the Hilton Bath City and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly are very fortunate with the central location.

I appreciate your feedback regarding your evening meal and breakfast. I will ensure that your feedback is passed to our Chef and his team.

Reviewed 11 May 2011

Just returned from 3 night stay. Superb location - just minutes from all the main sights and river Avon. Room on 4th floor had a lovely view of the river and Pulteney Bridge. Room was quite adequate if rather compact but has no mini bar or safe.Had dinner in the restaurant one night - the 3 course menu was good and again the view from the restaurant windows is superb.
Hotel staff were welcoming, friendly and efficient.
Would definately recommend this hotel for a stay in the beautiful city of Bath. Do visit the Thermae Bath Spa for a relaxing soak and the production of Evita at the Theatre Royal was excellent.

1  Thank Patricia1192242

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your feedback regarding the size of your room. The hotel was built in 1973, and the standard of hotel room layout has dramatically changed over the last 30 years. We have a fantastic location, but some of our rooms are smaller due to the size of our building. All of our smaller rooms have now been refurbished to a high standard to make the most of the size and maximise space. As part of our current refurbishment our new rooms will all have safes installed. Mini bars will be available in our 4 suites from the end of this month. Fridges are available upon request from housekeeping.

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to our staff and restaurant facilities.