“Loved the Bath Hilton, Top Location!!”
Review of Hilton Bath City

Ranked #26 of 34 Hotels in Bath
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 July 2011

We came to Bath to Shop, eat and drink and to have a laze in the Thermal Spa, the Bath Hilton is ideally situated to make all of this very easy.. We were made very welcome and were dealt with quickly and in a friendly manner at Reception.
The room was excellent and it would appear that it had been recently refurbished, this also went for the bathroom which appeared new and was spotlessly clean. The front of the Hotel was undergoing improvements but guests were kept informed as to what was happening. It didn't effect the enjoyment fo our stay at all.
Breakfast was lovely and the staff could not have been anymore friendly or helpful. Our only regret was that we could not have eaten any more that what we did!
All in all very positive , keep up the good work! We will be back to stay again and if your looking for somehwere to stay in Bath this has the best location just minutes away from attractions, shops and good restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
kimBath, Administrator at Hilton Bath City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2011

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your positive comments on this website and I wanted to personally respond and thank you.

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to our staff, hotel and facilities. I was very pleased to read you enjoyed the location of the hotel, we certainly are very fortunate with the central location.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. I am pleased that you plan to return again in the future.

Hilton Bath City

Write a ReviewReviews (2,942)

Reviewed 24 June 2011

This hotel is lovely, nice room with king bed, flat screen TV, friendly and helpful staff and all the amenities you expect. Great location - within walking distance to the Roman Baths, the Pump Room, the Royal Crescent, the Assembly Rooms and the Jane Austin Centre.
Shopping in Bath is wonderful!

Room Tip: Nice view from the second floor - Plaza Suite
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
kimBath, Administrator at Hilton Bath City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2011

I wanted to personally reply and thank you for your feedback.

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to our hotel and I was extremely pleased to read you found our staff friendly and helpful.

We certainly are very fortunate with our central location.

Reviewed 23 June 2011

I checked in yesterday to the Hilton Bath City for a 5 night stay. I must be at a different Hotel than the previous posters as I have found the service to be amazing. The room (a renovated twin) is just wonderful. Clean, nicley decorated, lovely view. Back to the staff...they have really been great. I stayed at a Hilton in Canada en route here and the service here is most certainly just a good (if not better). I am a Hilton Honours member and have stayed at many.

I had the need to see a local doctor since arriving and the staff at the front desk were very very helpful, much to my relief. Concierge very helpful. We arrived back to the room as they were still cleaning and they came back with extra chocolates and biscuits for the "inconvenience". Have not eaten at the restaurant yet, but it looks lovely and has a great view.

So...from my perspective, this is a great option for touring Bath. Thanks Hilton staff for making my experience a great one.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends

I wanted to personally reply and thank you for your feedback.

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to our hotel and our staff. We certainly are very fortunate with the central location and the views of the River Avon and Pulteney Bridge. I will ensure that all your kind comments are passed to the team.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. I hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bath City.

Reviewed 14 June 2011

A 2-night mini break to Bath, staying in a junior suite at the Hilton Hotel. Sounds nice? Not at this Hilton....

This was supposed to be a treat - a bit of luxury for a couple of nights. We've stayed at other Hiltons and had good experiences, but the Hilton in Bath was not good.

The customer service was poor, with only ever 1 person at reception so people were queuing in the lobby. We reported a number of issues with the room, such as the air-con not working, bulbs not working, hot breakfast delivered cold and no newspaper. These things were not fixed, despite promises that they would be sorted.

We left an iPad charger behind in the room by mistake and we're still waiting for it to be returned. 6 phone calls to the hotel so far to chance it up! They don't seem to have a clue what they're doing.

The hotel restaurant was quiet and the food was good, although the staff don't seem to have experience of the food on the menu.

The "complimentary" mini bar that is "restocked at 2pm every day" was not restocked.

If we'd wanted cheap service and things that didn't work there are lots of places we could have stayed that don't cost as much! An expensive hotel, for a very poor service!

Bath itself is an amazing, beautiful city with a lot to see. A visit to Sally Lunn's is highly recommended and the open-top bus tour is a great way to get orientated and work out what you'd like to see.

Room Tip: Stay high up as you'll get views over the city
1  Thank MChapman1209
kimBath, Administrator at Hilton Bath City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2011

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I wanted to personally reply to you and take your feedback to improve the services and products we offer.

On behalf of myself and the management team please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay.

I would be very grateful if you would contact me direct on 01225 788400 in order that we can address the issues you experienced.

We are undergoing constant change to improve the guest experience. Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

One thing you find out about Bath is, it's very difficult to park. The hotel is right next to a multi storey car park so parking isn't an issue, though it does cost £21 a day.
We arrived at the hotel at 1pm but were told we couldn't have the room until after 3pm so we had to leave out bags in the car.
When we came back to check in after 3pm, we were assigned a room but once we entered we couldn't breathe for the smoke fumes, it was awful. We tried to phone down but after 15 mins of trying nobody would pick up so I had to go downstairs and queue for 20 mins at reception. They did change for a decent enough room though it was a twin which meant someone had to come and and put the beds together and change the bedding. But the room had everything you would need for an overnight stay and is the best location for everything in Bath, on the doorstep of attractions, bars and restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 June 2011

Had lovely stay here. Room was spacious, breakfast was first class and the staff were fantastic. Highly recommended

• Stayed: June 2011

I wanted to personally reply and thank you for your feedback.

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to our hotel and staff.

Reviewed 10 June 2011

Very pleasant family room. Large room, lovely big bed, nice decor, sofa. Central location made it so easy to get around, was a great base. Picturesque views of the river from the restaurant. Robert Powell was stayingwhile we were there. Good price £168 room and breakfast 2 nights.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rosebug

Dear Sir/Madam

I note all your kind comments regarding your room. Over £3 million has been invested in the hotel over the last 2 years with 54 bedrooms having just been completed at the end of May 2011, all with air-conditioning, bringing to a close a 12-week renovation phase. The next phase will include the refurbishment of the final 16 bedrooms, the last phase will see the hotel totally redesign its restaurant and bar. Once all phases of the renovation are completed, Hilton Bath City will offer 173 modern bedrooms featuring a luxurious, contemporary design. We are extremely excited about our refurbishment programme and hope we can welcome you back in the future to see the changes we have made.

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to our hotel and its location. We are certainly very fortunate with the central location and the views of the River Avon and Pulteney Bridge.