“Bed Lice Nightmare”
Review of Hilton Bath City

Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in Bath
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I spent a night at the Hilton Bath and when I woke up had a horrible allergy all over my body. It was extremely itchy and my body was covered in red dots. After going to doctors the followind day I found out that it was caused by bed lice!! I called them to advise that the hotel had bed lice and they did not care about it, in fact, they put new guests in the room the day after even though I had told them that the hotel had bed lice. The staff were rude, the hotel is old and really expensive for what it is. I was expecting more from Hilton. This was a horrible experience and we do not recommend this hotel.

4  Thank Anonymous722
kimBath, Administrator at Hilton Bath City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2011

Dear Guest

We appreciate your review following your recent stay at Hilton Bath City.

The Hotel Management and our guests take the issue of pest control, including bed bugs, very seriously as the safety and comfort of our guests are our top priority. To that end, our hotel maintains high levels of vigilance and performs regularly scheduled inspections. Since bedbugs can be easily transmitted anywhere and are often lodged in luggage or on clothing, the hotel employs a comprehensive detection programme which is based on training, education and awareness.

In the unlikely and unusual event a guest suspects a problem, the guest is relocated, the area in question is isolated to determine whether a problem exists and the situation is immediately remedied.

Our hotel has retained the services of a licensed, reputable Pest Control Company that is readily available to dispatch trained professionals to perform appropriate inspections and treatments (if warranted) of affected areas.

In this specific case the room was tested by the Pest Control Company immediately after you had advised us of your concern, however no evidence of bed bugs could be found anywhere in the room which you had occupied.

We hope this information addresses any concerns which you had.

Regards

There are newer reviews for Hilton Bath City

Reviewed 6 September 2011

We stayed in a deluxe double for my partner's 30th birthday, the room was fantastic but the bed was so hard I didn't sleep at all. I have a bad back so am more sensitive than most, but I would recommend people with back problems do not choose this hotel. Also the staff were so cold and unfriendly I was quite shocked, I didn't get a single smile the entire time I was there. Reception were pretty much rude to be honest, I know we dont look like rich people and the normal Hilton clientele so maybe that's why, but as a paying guest I at least expected to be made to feel welcome. Apart from that room was very clean, and ensuite was lovely. Altough our room was nice most of the hotel seemed very 70s and the corridors were actually disgusting, filthy and tired and in desperate need of a refurb.

Room Tip: Delux double is definltey a lovely room.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
kimBath, Administrator at Hilton Bath City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2011

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I wanted to personally reply and thank you for your feedback.

I was extremely concerned to read your feedback regarding our Reception team. We pride ourselves on our customer service at Hilton Bath City, and I can certainly say this is not indicative of our usual standard. As with any complaint/feedback, I can assure you this will be communicated to all staff involved, so that they may learn from this situation. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

I note your feedback regarding the corridors. We have recently completed the refurbishment of all bedrooms in the hotel and we are in the process of arranging the refurbishment of all bedroom corridors during the next phase.

I was sorry to read that you had an uncomfortable nights sleep due to the quality of the bed in your room. To enable me to investigate this further I would be very grateful if you would contact my PA, Kim Thyer on 01225 788400 or by email kim.thyer@hilton.com with the dates of your stay or room number. I look forward to hearing from you.

We are undergoing constant change to improve the guest experience and I hope to welcome you back in the near future to experience this for yourself.

Reviewed 5 September 2011

The hotel is a bit dated and rooms in need of a refresh - but the service is Hilton standard in a great location - perhaps the best location in Bath. We had a very nice two day stay. Nothing amazing - but also no issues.

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I wanted to personally reply and thank you for your feedback.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your two night stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bath City.

We have just completed the final phase of our bedroom refurbishment and now offer 173 modern bedrooms featuring a luxurious contemporary design. The next phase of our refurbishment will see the hotel totally redesign its restaurant and bar.

Reviewed 5 September 2011

I visited Bath for the second time this year and have visited the Bath Spa Hotel over the last few years.

I was very impressed with this Hotel the price was great, the room was so quiet and clean (this was a Plaza Room recently renovated). The breakfast overlooking the river had a huge choice and was fresh and delicious.

The location could not be better just a very short stroll into the heart of the centre.

The only downfall is the parking cost at the Podium Car Park but I am sure this is reflected in the good price we paid. All in All I will definately book here again!

Room Tip: Plaza Room on third floor was clean and quiet

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your positive comments on this website and I wanted to personally respond and thank you.

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to the Hilton Bath City and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly are very fortunate with the central location.

Thank you for your comments relating to parking. Unfortunately we do not own a car park in Bath. As a result, we have negotiated a rate with the Podium shopping centre. The usual rate is £25.00 per 24 hours. We have managed to reduce this to £21.00 per 24 hour period. I appreciate this is not a cheap rate, but this facility is manned and more secure than comparative car parks in Bath. In addition, we certainly try to give our customers alternatives where to park, and hold directions to local long stay car parks, that may be slightly cheaper. For future reservations if you would like any assistance with alternative parking please do not hesitate to contact me direct.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. I hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bath City.

Reviewed 4 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton on the night of the 27th August for our wedding anniversary. The staff were excellent and we received a very warm welcome.
Our room was nice and clean but a bit small.
The only disappointing memory we will have of this hotel is the price of the bar. Prior to going out for dinner we decided to have a pre-dinner drink downstairs. We ordered one beer and a SMALL glass of white wine and our bill came to £9.50!! I understand hotels charge a bit more but this is daylight robbery!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your comments relating to our bar prices. Unfortunately these are partially set by our Head Office but are also in line with other hotels in the area.

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to our staff and I was pleased to read you found us excellent and received a very warm welcome. Thank you for choosing Hilton Bath City to celebrate your wedding anniversary.

Reviewed 31 August 2011

My husband and i stayed here for a couple of nights in August to see Bath for the 1st time.
We were given a small room which was meant to be queen deluxe and it wasn't "newly refurbished" . So we asked to change and after a little haggling and at no extra cost were were moved to larger Deluxe with a view over the river.
Its not the poshest or treniest hotel, i do prefer something more boutique but it was a good location, clean and quite.
Great pub straight across the road too....

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your comments on this website and I wanted to personally respond to your feedback.

I appreciate your comments and feedback about the look and feel of the hotel. I concede that the building, which was built in the early 70's, does not have the same appeal as the rest of Bath, which is known for it's beautiful English architecture.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our location. We certainly are very fortunate with our central location.

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Bath City

Reviewed 30 August 2011

We stayed two nights in the Bath Hilton over bank holiday weekend and got a great deal at £92 per room per night. Hotel location was brilliant - right round the corner from most of bath's attractions, waitrose 2 mins away.. Etc.
Parking an absolute nightmare at £21 per day! Take the train!!
Breakfast was great with loads if selection all fresh and tasty!
Rooms were small, with no air-conditioning at all - and a struggle to get window open, and you couldn't sleep with them open anyhow due to the noise of the seagulls!! Ironically the bathrooms only have showers and no baths!!!
Would stay here for a convenient location but not for the hotel experience!

• Stayed: August 2011

Dear Sir/Madam

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to the Hilton Bath City and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us we certainly are very fortunate with our central location.

I note your negative points.

I note your comments regarding no bath being available in your room. We do have rooms within the hotel that have both a bath and a shower and these are available upon request. For future reservations with us please contact the hotel direct with your confirmation number and we will ensure that you are allocated a room with this facility.

I note your feedback regarding no air conditioning in your room. Out of 173 bedrooms 125 presently have air conditioning installed with the remainder of rooms to be completed next year.