US$308
  • Room Service
US$273
US$265
Agoda.com
Harington's City Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$207
  • Room Service
US$210
US$192
The Abbey Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$367
US$107
US$313
US$287
3,043 results
All reviewspodium car parkriver viewcentral locationexcellent locationbath cityshort staybeautiful citymain attractionspulteney bridgeone night staychristmas marketbreakfast was excellenttown centrefull englishwaitrosevalidateavon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 October 2011

My husband and I stayed in one of the 'Plaza' rooms (315) where we found chocolates and a 'Happy Anniversary' card from Richard Wiltshire, which we very much appreciated. The room was large, lovely and with a view of the river, the latter request I'd made when booking the 'flash sale' deal. Service was good all round. Matthew, at the hotel reception, was especially friendly and informative. Great location for the sights and only a 5 minute walk from Bath Spa station. Overall, a lovely stay.

1  Thank AtyaA
kimBath, Administrator at Hilton Bath City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your positive comments on this website and I wanted to personally respond and thank you.

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to our staff, especially Richard Wiltshire and Matthew from our Reception Team. I will ensure your kind feedback is passed on. I was extremely pleased to read you enjoyed the location of the hotel. We are very fortunate with the central location and the views of the River Avon and Pulteney Bridge.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. I hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bath City.

Reviewed 29 October 2011

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights and are very glad we did!

Firstly, we paid £15 to park our car in the shopping centre car park for the 2 days! You won’t get parking cheaper then that! The hotel is right near the centre of town, so all the pubs and sights are all nearby and within walking distance.

The hotel itself was good. The room was very clean and colourful. Although the bed was shocking hard, this did not take anything away from the fact that this is a great hotel if staying in Bath.

There is also a Waitrose next door to the hotel if you need a bottle of water or snacks etc.

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I wanted to personally reply and thank you for your feedback.

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to our hotel and pleased that you enjoyed our central location.

I was extremely sorry to note that you found your bed uncomfortable. In order that I can investigate this further I would be very grateful if you would contact my PA, Kim Thyer on 01225 788400 or kim.thyer@hilton.com with details of your reservation.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

my partner and i lobbed in to Bath on a Sunday expecting to easily pick up a couple of nights accommodation- wrong....
after checking out a couple of hotels with no luck Tom Tom led us to the Hilton Bath City which was surprisingly well priced- 125 GBP including breakfast.
sure the rooms are tiny, but ours was spotless, super comfy bed, great shower and a view out over the river and park and breakfast was more than adequate.
our only disappointment was they couldn't offer us a second night !!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments on this website.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the size of your room. The hotel was built in 1973, and the standard of hotel room layout has dramatically changed over the last 30 years. We have a fantastic location, but some of our rooms are smaller due to the size of our building. All of our smaller rooms have now been refurbished to a high standard to make the most of the size and maximise space.

I was very sorry to note that we were unable to accommodate you for a second night. I hope that we can welcome you back in the future to Hilton Bath City.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

Stayed for just 1 night but would have been happy to stay longer. It was easy to find from the station and would be a breeze to drive there. There is a car park very close by. Great location. Easy walking distance to all the sights. Our room was a bit small but very clean, comfortable and was fine because we spent most of the time out exploring anyway

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
kimBath, Administrator at Hilton Bath City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2011

Dear Sir/Madam

I am glad you enjoyed the location of the hotel. We are very fortunate with the central location and the views of the River Avon and Pulteney Bridge.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stayed at the Hilton in our first visit to Bath on the 16/10/2011. At 2.30 in the morning we were woken up by a noise in the room and told by a member of staff who came to chek it out that it was the central heating, which starts at that time. This was later denied and we were told they didn't know where the noise came from by the manager. We were offered another room about 3.30 in the morning, freezing cold and with a very uncomfortable mattress. It was so bad my friend chose to go back to the noisy room.
We complained before leaving and were told that the manager would give us a call the next day to discuss a refund, which apparently could not be done on the day as I had prepaid for the room.
A week later nobody has contacted us yet and I haven't had any replies to my email.
We certainly were not expecting this kind of customer service from The Hilton.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I was extremely sorry to read your review following your recent stay with us.

In order that I can investigate this further I would be very grateful if you would contact my PA, Kim Thyer on 01225 788400 or by email kim.thyer@hilton.com with details of your reservation.

We pride ourselves on our customer service at Hilton Bath City, and I can certainly say this is not indicative of our usual standard. As with any complaint, I can assure you this will be communicated to all staff involved, so that they may learn from this situation. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.