“Christmas weekend in Bath”
Review of Hilton Bath City

Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Bath
GreenLeadersBronze level
brighton
“Christmas weekend in Bath”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We stayed at the Hilton Bath City for two nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Breakfast is excellent, room was spacious and spotless. Bed very comfy. Very quiet. Hotel is in a central position for all amenities. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for river view on second floor
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
kimBath, Administrator at Hilton Bath City, responded to this review, 12 January 2012
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your positive comments on this website and I wanted to personally respond and thank you.

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to the Hilton Bath City and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I was extremely pleased to note you found our staff very pleasant and helpful, I will ensure your kind comments are passed to the team.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. I hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bath City.

Hilton Bath City

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Cobham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Just returned from a night at the Hlton Bath City Hotel the location is perfect for exploring Bath on foot. Had a very good sized room clean and modern overlooking the River Avon. Staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast good. One suggestion - signs in the car park to the hotel would be helpful. Took advantage of Hilton room sale so value excellent.

Dear Sir/Madam

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to the Hilton Bath City and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly are very fortunate with the central location.

Worcs
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Upon arrival by car we were told to use car park under the hotel, we found out you should ignore the notices on the walls stating 4 hours maximum, as hotel has separate arrangment. The staff on the desk and in the restaurant were all very friendly and polite. Buffet breakfast had everything that you needed but was average in quality. The view from the restaurant was very pleasant. The location was great and you are in easy walking distance of everything. The room was standard in size and fittings, but was clean. The price is high but seems to be the norm for Bath.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have a view of the river and I assume quieter
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
kimBath, Administrator at Hilton Bath City, responded to this review, 5 December 2011
Dear Sir/Madam

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to the Hilton Bath City and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us we certainly are very fortunate with our central location.

Thank you for your feedback relating to the breakfast. I understand that you felt that the quality was average. I will certainly pass your comments over to the Chef. We generally receive a lot of compliments about our food.

I appreciate your comments regarding your room rate. Room rates are at a premium in Bath due to the high demand, our rates are set in line with other hotels in the area.

Brentwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Went for the upgrade to a Family room, good size room but over priced but good location, parking is over priced as well.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your comments on this website and I wanted to personally respond and thank you.

I note your comments regarding our car parking charges. Taking into account our guests feedback we have recently reduced our car parking charges to £15 on a once-in-once-out basis, this is ideal for guests not requiring use of their vehicles during their stay. Our Reception Team hold directions and information for alternative car parks within the city for guests who require regular access to their vehicles.

Cirencester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I stayed here for a two night city break. The location is great very central. Bath is a beautiful place would like to return next year for another weekend away. We found lots to see and do the ancient baths are stunning. The hotel was clean and our room was large only niggle was that I found the extra charge for the wifi a bit cheeky considering the cost of the room. Good city stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam

I appreciate your kind comments regarding the Hilton Bath City, we certainly are very fortunate with our central location.

I note your comments regarding our internet charges. We have recently introduced wi-fi throughout the hotel. Complimentary wi-fi is available throughout the ground floor for our guests and in-line with all Hilton Hotels wi-fi is charged at £14.99 in the bedrooms, I will ensure your feedback is passed on.

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Bath City and I am pleased to note that you plan to return again next year.

Sorrento, Italy
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I had a disastrous stay at The Hilton Bristol last year but thought I would give the group another try, especially as the hote in Bath is in such a great position for my shopaholic good lady. We chose an upgraded room, and a family one for the space, and in those terms we were not disappointed. It was, unfortunately, at the front of the hotel, and despite being on the 3rd floor, we were subjected to a barrage of noise each evening from revellers passing by the hotel, from 11pm until about 2.30am, and this was on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. The double glazing was sadly inadequate.

Down to brekfast. We have alsways liked Hilton breakfasts and enjoyed them in several cities and countries. How it has gone down. It is still buffet style, but with no staff whatsoever in the room. My cooked breakfast was barely warm, and, sadly inedible. How can you make mushrooms tasteless? Poor quality sliced bread didn't help, nor the unripe fruit.

To be fair a waiter did see my plight and offered to have fresh eggs cooked, but it was too late. He did say to ask for fresh eggs in the morning. I played safe and asked for poached, as they are not offered. All I could taste was vinegar. Day three I waited in the wings until I saw fresh eggs being placed in the warmenr and made a dash for them. Hurrah a reasonable breakfast at last, except for mushrooms and smoked bacon, which I do not like.

As I have eaten in Hilton restaurants before, we didn't at all during this stay. Thank goodness bath has such a good choice.

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your comments on this website and I wanted to personally respond.

I was sorry to read your comments relating to the external noise. The hotel is very well situated in the centre of the City, such external noise is hard to control. We certainly are very fortunate with our central location and the views of the River Avon and Pulteney Bridge. However, being a central location, in a busy city can have drawbacks such as perceived noise. We do allocate guests who specify quiet rooms in a river facing area that is quieter than at the front of the hotel.

I appreciate your comments regarding your experience in our Restaurant. I have immediately raised all your feedback with our Head Chef and Restaurant Manager to address with their teams. We generally receive a lot of compliments about our food. I apologise you found us wanting on this occasion.

We are undergoing constant change to improve the guest experience and I hope to welcome you back in the near future to experience this for yourself.

Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Location wise, this is a fantastically located hotel that is next to the town centre and not that far walking distance to the thermal spa. If you take out the fact that I paid £200 a night, the stay was enjoyable. The rooms where a little on the small size and the decor felt a little outdated. Breakfast was good and it certainly seems like a hotel that attracts many people to stay. Car parking is located directly underneath the hotel and seemed secure enough with plenty of lighting. I would consider this hotel if I ever decide to visit Bath again only if the hotel cost would be below £70 a night, after this, I am sure that there are other hotels in the area that will be able to cater for your needs for better value.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your comments on this website.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the size of your room. The hotel was built in 1973, and the standard of hotel room layout has dramatically changed over the last 30 years. We have a fantastic location, but some of our rooms are smaller due to the size of our building. All of our smaller rooms have now been refurbished to a high standard to make the most of the size and maximise space.

I appreciate your comments regarding your room rate and value for money. Room rates are at a premium in Bath due to the high demand and are in-line with other hotels in the area.