“Good value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Bath City

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Illinois City, Illinois
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

We stayed here for 2 days. Lovely hotel. Very good value for money. Comfortable rooms and good service. Bath is such a lovely place.We would be really tired by the time we returned so it was good to unwind in the hotel lounge bar. Very good bathrooms also. Would recommend this hotel anytime.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
kimBath, Administrator at Hilton Bath City, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your positive comments on this website and I wanted to personally respond and thank you.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. I hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bath City.

Hilton Bath City

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Hampshire, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

My partner and I stayed from the 24 to 26 January for his 40th birthday and I have to say I could not fault anything at all at the Hilton, it was fantastic!

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite and it was fantastic.

Lancashire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

My wife and I discovered this hotel whilst walking around Bath and called in to see if they had rooms.
Great location, helpful staff, clean comfortable and warm room. Perhaps most of all it is so close to all the wonderful attractions of Bath we didn't ned our car for 4 days and left it in the hotel car park at a special low rate.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank thevegetarian
Dear Sir/Madam

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to the Hilton Bath City and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly are very fortunate with our central location.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here on the 22nd of jan and we enjoyed every minute of it! Its in a great location as everything is walking distance. Plus it's right by the river. We stayed in the Austen suite which had stunning views. It was a beautiful room, very clean and had the comfiest bed I've ever slept on! The room had a big wide screen tv which was great and we were pleased that check out was at 12pm, which gave us a lot more time. Breakfast was lovely, there was so much to choose from! The dining room also had beautiful views :) the staff were very friendly and very helpful. We had a drink at the hotel bar in the evening and asked the bar tender for directions to a restaurant, to which he gave us a map and explained to us where it was :)
We both had a fantastic stay here and would deffinitly return & reccomend it to others :)

• Stayed January 2012
Dear Sir/Madam

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to the Hilton Bath City and I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly are very fortunate with the central location.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bath City.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

The Hilton is an OK hotel but nothing special, especially considering the price you pay. Bath hoteliers can get away with charging high prices but it's about time us customers got more value for money.

Plus points: good central location, pleasant bar area, friendly and helpful staff, fast checkout available, clean, OK room with great view over the river.

Downsides: pricey, showing signs of wear in many public areas, soft and uncomfortable mattress, room on the small side.

Major downside: typical chain hotel rip-off of charging for wifi in your room.

Major major downside: said wifi was so awful I switched back to 3G connection.

2 Thank F4monty
United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Do not book online. After a very disappointing stay i complained only to be told, because i paid via internet they would not refund my money. I did pay Hilton hotels, i have a receipt but still they refused saying it was a different company. What a load of rubbish, my credit card statement says I'd paid hilton hotels, i booked it through my Hilton honors site. After some very frustrating phone calls to the USA, of all places, to sort this out, we gave up, cancelled our members ship with Hilton Honors. Never will be stay at Hilton again, they treated us like rubbish.

Booked a luxury room with queen bed to find it was only four foot wide, room so small we couldn't put our case's down to unpack. The carpets where fifthly, old smashed up biscuits on the tea tray. One soap, one shampoo etc for both of us. Didn't sleep due to very noisy student pub opposite that rocked most of the night. No help with case's, not enough staff in restaurant, it was a joke, the list is endless.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Monica707

Travellers are raving about these Bath hotels

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

I stayed with my partner at the Hilton hotel in Bath on Friday 13 and Saturday 14 January 2012. The hotel itself didn't really wow me. I would say that it's really quite ordinary. In any other city, for the price we paid, I would be appalled, but Bath operates by different rules. As one of the most expensive cities in the UK for hotel accommodation, it doesn't do any good to get your hopes up too much.

We stayed in a room facing the back of the hotel (overlooking the river) on the third floor. The communal parts on the third floor were looking a little tired, but the room itself was modern and clean, with air con (though we didn't make use). There were tea and coffee making facilities and a good flat screen TV with about 15 channels.

The upsides: The best thing about the Hilton is it's location. It is right in the centre of things. This is really what it's worth paying for. Having stayed in the Holiday Inn in Bath previously, it was nice not to have to make the 10-minute trek into town. The main lobby is nice and modern - and it has a good bar with plenty of choice for drinks and a nice seating area. The staff on reception were very friendly and helpful.

Some downsides: The bed wasn't the most comfortable. The bathroom was very small - and it had a frosted glass door (this is a real bugbear of mine!). The wi-fi is terrible - we paid 14GBP for 24-hour access and never managed to make it work (this is another bugbear - in this day and age it's not acceptable at all. Internet access is like water, heat and light - it should be free and uniformly fast).

If you want somewhere central and aren't bothered about internet, I would say stay here. If you fancy a bit of luxury and fast wifi, but aren't bothered about location, consider booking a swanky hotel in Bristol and pay for cabs. Seriously. We've done that before.

2 Thank gth01
Dear Sir/Madam

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to our hotel. I was very pleased to read you enjoyed the location of the hotel, we certainly are very fortunate with the central location.

I appreciate your comments regarding your room rate and value for money. Room rates are at a premium in Bath due to the high demand and our rates are set in line with other Bath hotels.

I note your comments regarding our internet service. Installation has just been completed throughout the hotel of our new BT Openzone Wi-fi. The charge is £14.99 for 24 hours access in the bedroom and complimentary in the public areas. Guests who already have BT Openzone Accounts are able to access this service for no further charge. We offer complimentary wi-fi access throughout the ground floor of the hotel for all hotel residents.

Your observations and opinions are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations. We are undergoing constant change to improve the guest experience and I hope to welcome you back in the near future to experience this for yourself.