Hilton Bath City
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$216
  • Room Service
US$624
US$499
Agoda.com
The Abbey Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$246
US$176
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
3,047 results
All reviewspodium car parkriver viewcentral locationexcellent locationbath cityshort staybeautiful citymain attractionspulteney bridgeone night staychristmas marketbreakfast was excellenttown centrefull englishwaitrosevalidateavon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2012

When paying this much for a hotel, in an established brand like Hilton, it is not unreasonable to expect much more than what is delivered.

First, there should be a warning in advance about refurbishment, as this does lower the value of the stay. The hallways look terrible, and smell a bit too.

Second, the room could be better. Besides the dust noted by others, it appears the cleaner used our toilet before leaving our room -- the toilet seat was up, and it did not look clean. It also smelled bad. On complaint, the cleaner returned and did no more than wipe things down and flush.

Third, there were often times items missing when the room was refreshed (such as providing more coffee). It took repeated calls to the front desk and a long wait to get any assistance. For one thing, after calling the desk twice, I went down to get it and even then they seemed confused. The equipment in the room was also very worn--our TV remote only worked if the batteries were pushed in hard at the same time as using the buttons!

Fourth, besides forgetting to bring some things to the room, they would leave others, like random pillow cases left on our suitcases!

The two positives are the breakfast, which is pretty good, and the location.

Room Tip: Wait until refurbishment is over, and they might be better!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DC2florida
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your comments on this website. I wanted to personally reply to you and take your feedback to improve the services and products we offer.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your breakfast and our location. We certainly are very fortunate with our central location I will ensure your comments are passed to the team.

On behalf of myself and the Management Team please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay.

We pride ourselves on our customer service at Hilton Bath City, and I can certainly say this is not indicative of our usual standard. As with any complaint/feedback, I can assure you this has been communicated to all staff involved so that they may learn from this situation and additional training will be implemented immediately. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

Thank you for your comments regarding the hotel refurbishment. The location of the refurbishment impacted only a small percentage of rooms at a time, and this was planned around our current business, to operate during reasonable hours (09.30 to 17.00 hrs daily, excluding weekends) to minimise any disruption to our guests. We have invested over £2.7 million in the hotel over the last 12 months which includes a total refurbishment of our entire ground floor and we are now able to offer our guests the facilities of our new Lobby Bar and Atelier Restaurant. We are pleased to say that the refurbishment is now almost complete.

We are undergoing constant change to improve the guest experience. Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

we booked this hotel on the great getaway offer from Hilton. At GBP 83 a night, it offers good value. Refurbishment work was ongoing when we were there but it didn't really affect us since we were out and about most of the day. Our room seemed to have been recently refurbished, beds are lovely and so is the bathroom. Our only complaint was that there wasn't a fridge in the room which meant that we couldn't store food/drinks that we bought from the supermarket. There also wasn't an ice machine but the staff kindly sent up a bucket of ice for us. Free wifi is available in the lobby, we were even able to access the free wifi from our room on the second floor.

Location of the hotel on Walcot Street is near enough for us to walk from the train station (less than 10 minutes), even with a large suitcase in tow. There are a number of interesting pubs, restaurants and cafes along Walcot St, so there's plenty of choices for dining without having to walk far (in case of inclement weather). Waitrose supermarket is located in the Podium shopping mall next to the Hilton. We didn't take the hotel's breakfast and opted to eat at the Bertinet Bakery cafe at New Bond Street Place.

Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I wanted to personally reply and thank you for your feedback.

I appreciate all your positive feedback following your recent stay at the Hilton Bath City.

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Bath City and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

I think the comments by the recent Australian are rather harsh !
We visited as a couple who got married at the same venue 25years previously-it was not the Hllton then !
Some comments were made about a local pub - if you stay in a city centre pub I think you should expect noise !
The derogatry comments were made about the room which I think were unfounded too.
We would like to say the venue was fab,good value for money in a city centre hotel, the staff from check in to check out could not have been more friendly or helpful particularly young lad who checked us in, Riu (Conceirge) who sorted extras prior to arrival,infomed by phone we could do early checkin which was great, and Jade in restaurant who was lovely.
Food -breakfast and dinner was lovely as were staff.
People have whinged about refurbishment of rooms and corridors-but workmen were lovely try
ing to keep noise down whilst working which must've been difficult for them.
We had a great time- would definitely recommend as a city break venue and lovely staff
Yak Yeti Yak restaurant locally lovely too.

Room Tip: Look online re any websites to view room type

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I wanted to personally reply and thank you for your feedback.

Thank you in particular for recommending Rui, our Concierge, and Jade from the Restaurant as members of staff who delivered outstanding service and communication. They will be invited to our colleague celebrations, and recognised.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

we stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and had 2 rooms. the double room was tiny and dusty the twin room was an ok size but also not particularly clean, with an inch of dust in the vent in the bathroom. there was no air conditioning and the rooms were hot and stuffy at night. we couldn't leave the windows open as the noise from the pub across the road was too much. The corridor looked like a construction site with work happening during the day. we were not advised about this work. For the price we paid we could have found something much better, and wish we had of. I will not be staying at another Hilton after this experience as i feel they were not upfront about the condition of the hotel. The only good thing about this hotel is the restaurant which does a good buffet breakfast and the dinner menu was also beautiful.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank alismith_12

Thank you for your comments on this website.

I was extremely concerned to read the issues you experienced regarding my Housekeeping department. The cleanliness of our rooms is really important to all of my team members, and there is a lot of passion and drive to get it right every time for our customers. I feel on this occasion we must have got this wrong, and I apologise this was the case. We pride ourselves on our customer service at Hilton Bath City, and I can certainly say this is not indicative of our usual standard. As with any complaint/feedback, I can assure you this has been communicated to all staff involved, so that they may learn from this situation and additional training will be implemented immediately. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

If you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me via my PA, Kim Thyer on 01225 788400 or kim.thyer@hilton.com.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

A great location means that you can wander round the town but when you've run out of steam you can pop back to the hotel and take a rest. Yes, the interior was being refurbished in places but at least the management is looking to keep up the standard. The price wasn't unreasonable for such a location and the £15 parking charge is "per exit from the car park"

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your positive comments on this website and I wanted to personally respond and thank you.

I appreciate your very kind comments relating to our staff and hotel. I was very pleased to read you enjoyed the location of the hotel, we certainly are very fortunate with the central location.

I note your feedback regarding our car parking charges. Following guest feedback we recently addressed our car parking charges and these were reduced. Guests who do not require access to their vehicles during their stay pay a one-off charge of £15.00, alternatively a charge of £15 per exit is payable via our Front Office. Our Reception Team hold full details of alternative parking arrangements within the City for guests requiring use of their vehicle during their stay.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. I hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bath City.

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Bath City.