“Overnight stay”

Hilton Bath City
Ranked #26 of 34 Hotels in Bath
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Very friendly staff, comfortable room and great location for city centre. Good value!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,980)

Reviewed 8 July 2012

This is a very moderately ok hotel, and for Hilton, poor. The location is great, 10 mins walk from the station, on the outskirts of the pedestrian's area and 2 mins from Waitrose Supermarket.

The staff are ok, not especially helpful. They didn't provide us a map of the area or recommend anything. It was very much, check in and there's your room. The breakfast buffet was standard continental fair, cooked and a selection of pastry plus juices and tea.

The room was standard. However, there were room keeping and maintenance issues. There was a stain on the bedsheet and the tap to sink was loose and kept on wobbling. Amenities were minimal and if you wanted anything, you had to ask despite being free, including slippers. There is an alarm/radio clock, but with no ipod dock. Wifi is also chargeable unless you have previously signed up with BT Openzone. I'm personally of the opinion that all hotels should provide free wifi and build the costs into the room rates.

There is a free 24hr gym accessible by key card.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel unless you were short on choices or here on business and didn't really care for personal touches.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2012

6 of us have recently stayed at the Hilton Bath and were extermely disappointed. This Hotel does not meet 4 star standards and is a very expensive hotel - £200 per room per night for 2 and there were renovations taking place which we were not advised about when we booked. Premier Inn rooms are much better value, bigger and of an equal standard of fittings.

So we arrived and were handed the room keys and were not told of the disruption until we arrived on the floor and found there were no ceilings along the corridors. This meant all the electrics and wiring were exposed which were low enough to be touched easily. I am not sure this actually meets health and safety standards.

The rooms themselves are extremely small. The new aircon system did not work as it had not been connected and our room was very hot as the window was locked. The toilet seat had not been fitted properly and the soap dish was at a weird angle. The paintwork had only got the undercoat on and the gloss coat had yet to be applied.

It was very clear that these rooms were in the middle of a renovation and not been finished yet. I would not have gone to the Hilton if we had been advised of the renovations. I can not recommend these rooms as they were so small. It is unlikely any of us would consider staying in a Hilton again.
Bath is a beautiful city.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room without checking it out first.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I chose the Hilton because of its location, and was not disappointed. I caught a taxi from the station as it was raining and, although the driver was a bit disappointed with the distance to travel, I was pleased to have done so. I walked from the Hilton to the station to return to London and found the walk poorly signposted. Make sure you have a map!

Yes, the Hilton is a little tired in appearance, as noted by another reviewer. However, this is more than made up for by the amenities, the staff and location. The hotel boasts a lounge area which is comfortable and has a pleasant menu. The breakfast (part of the deal with the room) was very good indeed. My only negative comment is that the pastries were a little disappointing. However, there is a great range of fruit, cheese, cold meat and smoked salmon; the cooked items were generous and the bread interesting. The coffee came as I ordered it- not too strong! The bedroom (upgraded for £20) was a pleasant size, with enough hanging space, desk top and a full length mirror. The bathroom shower was easy to manage; the ledge space generous enough for two people and the towels a decent size although not particularly fluffy. The bed mattress was not the most luxurious, but the pillows were some of the most comfortable I've encountered and the duvet a dream. The air con. was quiet.

The staff is what makes this hotel special. Check in was fast and efficient, the bags were stored promptly and the room was ready an hour early. Everyone smiled and made me feel welcome.

Location - close to everything I wanted to see and some pleasant restuarants, too.

Room Tip: The view from our room on the river side was lovely and the window could be opened.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Just back from a night away at this hotel and I have to say I was really impressed. I had booked a deluxe family room which was spacious and had 2 double beds, which were really comfortable. Although we arrived over 2 hours early we were still able to check in which was great and really convenient. There were plenty of toiletries in the room, including shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion, which was a nice touch. Great selection of teas (teabags) and even a choice of semi or whole milk ! Wi-Fi was available in the room for a charge but we didn't use it. Our room was on the second floor overlooking the river and we didn't hear any noise at all, except for some seagulls.
We didn't use the bar or restaurant for dinner, but breakfast was excellent. There was a good selection of fruit, cheese and cereals and a tempting choice of muffins and pastries. The cooked breakfast was really tasty, especially the smoked bacon and small sausages.
The location is brilliant with the shops, Roman Baths and Thermae Bath Spa within a very short distance away - it really is 'central'. I would certainly visit again in the future without a doubt.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the river may be quieter than those overlooking the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Excellent central location.
Staff is OK and friendly...
The hotel (and the guests) would appreciate a renovation, the interior and the rooms (at least the one I had) are really tired.
The wifi definitely was not working....
The bed was OK, but the noise of the seagulls all night long prevented me from sleeping... I do not know whether there was some king of seagull congress or rally... Which means the windows have no acoustic insulation.
A hotel where you are not able to sleep cannot be really recommended.
The breakfast was very good...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2012

My company booked me into the Hilton Bath for one night, and I have to say it is up to the usual Hilton standard. The staff were welcoming on arrival and gave all the information I needed, they acknowledged that the room has been prepaid (unlike other hotels in Bath, see other review!). The room was comfortable, with an immaculate bathroom and tea/coffee making facilities.

The breakfast is buffet style, I just had some porridge so cannot comment on the cooked food, but there was a good range of food available, and the staff, whilst very busy, were courteous when they got to serve you. Would definitely recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business