3,176 results
All reviewspodium car parkriver viewcentral locationexcellent locationbath cityshort staybeautiful citypulteney bridgemain attractionsone night staybreakfast was excellentfull englishwaitrosevalidateavonabbeyengland
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times, most recently in September 2012. The location in the center of town is excellent. I am from the US and don't drive in the U.K. Being able to walk around the city is an excellent feature. I stayed in one of the double family rooms as an upgrade and found it to be clean,adequate and fairly large. The unique partial glass design on the tub/shower combo is welcome compared to having a shower curtain sucked in. If as a Hilton Gold or Diamond member the breakfast is free, it is well stocked and fresh. As at all premium hotels the breakfast is on the expensive side if you have to pay.

The renovation to the bar and restaurant in the last several months is welcome. I often wondered why the bar was kind of an afterthought being small and tucked away as it was before. The bar and restaurant are well done and thought out. There are so many dinner options within 5 minutes walk that I have never eaten dinner there.

I agree drinks, food and internet are expensive here. But this is the way it is at all Hiltons and I don't think they are out of line with the prices. But they should work to make the hotel worthy of the prices by cleaning up the small things like not having the hallways look in a constant state of work with tiles missing and ducting hanging down. This has been a constant at the hotel for years.

All in all one of the best places I stay on business outside of London when comparing cleanliness, quality of food and location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view. The University students use the street outside the hotel as their private playground till 3 A.M.!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Just arrived home from our stay at the Hilton, Bath. My husband and I were really looking forward to break after a pretty fraught year due to serious illness. We couldn't have picked a better base. Staff were friendly and very helpful, room was spotlessly clean and the location was fantastic. Downside: thoughtless "hens" that thought hammering on doors and shouting in the corridors on the friday night at 11pm was fun, then again on Saturday Night and to top it off 3.30am on Sunday morning. I am always up for fun, but girls, you were a disgrace. Hence the One star for sleep quality. Beds were comfortable
Although this was an unfortunate experience I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to anyone visiting this beautiful City. We hope to return again next year.
Note on parking: remember to get your token validated at reception on leaving, if you dont move you car during your stay the fee is £15 for the duration

Room Tip: We had room 322 which was beautiful but no view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2012

This is the worst Hilton branded hotel I have ever stayed at. I am appaled that Hilton corporate lets this hotel use its good brand name. How did this property pass inspection?

No heating in the room, no air conditioning (although I did not need ac)
There is thermostat glued to the cabinet (with holes in it) that has a sticker on it - "Not In Use".
Closet have handles off with holes where handles were
Desk chair totally blocked by two chairs .... layout of room totally ridiculous

WiFi keeps dropping ever few minutes
Decorative lamp on desk not a real desk lamp, not enough light to work on desk

Oh ... did find a portable heater under the desk. Nice .... this is a HILTON??

Coffee set up hard to find and in a very impractical place ....

Have to say nice bed and nice bathroom though.

Room Tip: Check your room before you pay .....
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Preet V
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I stayed here whilst on a Girly weekend. The Quad rooms were nice and clean one of them could have been a little bigger. The staff were really helpful and provided our rooms with wine glasses promptly when requested. One room had bottled still & sparkling water provided. The other didn't.

The breakfast was really good. We Didn't use the hotel gym or pool/spa during our stay. The lifts are small but there are two of them so you aren't waiting long for one.

The location was great meaning just a short walk into town the only downside was the cost of the hotel parking £25 for each entry/exit which means it is likely to be cheaper to use a taxi rather than your own car during your stay.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 28 September 2012

I stayed here for one night with my family over the summer. The hotel is within walking distance to the town of Bath, which was nice. The rooms needed updating, but were clean. I rated this hotel average because it was fine for a night or two, but definitely not modern or anything special.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family