3,176 results
All reviewspodium car parkriver viewcentral locationexcellent locationbath cityshort staybeautiful citypulteney bridgemain attractionsone night staybreakfast was excellentfull englishwaitrosevalidateavonabbeyengland
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We stayed at the Bath Hilton whilst attending a wedding at Priston Mill, just outside Bath (a fantastic wedding venue, by the way). I am possibly giving this hotel a generous review, having arrived with very low expectations. However, our stay went very smoothly, the staff were helpful, the location was great, our room was clean, the bed comfortable and everything in the bedroom and bathroom worked. We had a very enjoyable breakfast, which was included in our room rate.

Downsides: the front desk often seemed to have a queue of guests and insufficient staff; the car parking is confusing and expensive (a friend parked in what he believed to be the Hilton car park to the left of the hotel, popped inside to check, and returned five minutes later to find he had been clamped). The actual parking for guests is a public car park, entered to the right of the hotel entrance and it goes beneath the hotel. It is expensive, and all the more so if you have reason to leave and return there during your stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2012

The Hilton Bath is a very good option for those visiting Bath, the hotel is central but far enough from the noise of tourist. Be aware that this property is very popular with hen and stags who can take over the hotel bar making it impossible to have a relaxing night cup.
The rooms are a bit dated but I guess you pay for the convenience and reliability of the Hilton chain. Good upgrade with HHonors so make sure you show your card.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I spent a night at the Hilton Bath City booking the Queen Deluxe Room. The room was very small and overprices.
The real issue was that I found the room not clean enough, there were insects by the window stains on the curtains and in the towels in the bathroom.
Even on the fitted linens I found a sticker with the name of another guest!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank federux
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times, most recently in September 2012. The location in the center of town is excellent. I am from the US and don't drive in the U.K. Being able to walk around the city is an excellent feature. I stayed in one of the double family rooms as an upgrade and found it to be clean,adequate and fairly large. The unique partial glass design on the tub/shower combo is welcome compared to having a shower curtain sucked in. If as a Hilton Gold or Diamond member the breakfast is free, it is well stocked and fresh. As at all premium hotels the breakfast is on the expensive side if you have to pay.

The renovation to the bar and restaurant in the last several months is welcome. I often wondered why the bar was kind of an afterthought being small and tucked away as it was before. The bar and restaurant are well done and thought out. There are so many dinner options within 5 minutes walk that I have never eaten dinner there.

I agree drinks, food and internet are expensive here. But this is the way it is at all Hiltons and I don't think they are out of line with the prices. But they should work to make the hotel worthy of the prices by cleaning up the small things like not having the hallways look in a constant state of work with tiles missing and ducting hanging down. This has been a constant at the hotel for years.

All in all one of the best places I stay on business outside of London when comparing cleanliness, quality of food and location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view. The University students use the street outside the hotel as their private playground till 3 A.M.!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 September 2012

Just arrived home from our stay at the Hilton, Bath. My husband and I were really looking forward to break after a pretty fraught year due to serious illness. We couldn't have picked a better base. Staff were friendly and very helpful, room was spotlessly clean and the location was fantastic. Downside: thoughtless "hens" that thought hammering on doors and shouting in the corridors on the friday night at 11pm was fun, then again on Saturday Night and to top it off 3.30am on Sunday morning. I am always up for fun, but girls, you were a disgrace. Hence the One star for sleep quality. Beds were comfortable
Although this was an unfortunate experience I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to anyone visiting this beautiful City. We hope to return again next year.
Note on parking: remember to get your token validated at reception on leaving, if you dont move you car during your stay the fee is £15 for the duration

Room Tip: We had room 322 which was beautiful but no view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple