Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
Dukes Hotel(Bath)
3,043 results
All reviewspodium car parkriver viewcentral locationexcellent locationbath cityshort staybeautiful citymain attractionspulteney bridgeone night staychristmas marketbreakfast was excellenttown centrefull englishwaitrosevalidateavon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Bath is such a beautiful city and this is not a pretty hotel. Having said that the location is fantastic, within easy walking distance of the main attractions. Room was fine, but no mini bar. The hotel bar is small and the barman on duty was not particularly attentive. We ate in the restaurant and had a lovely meal with excellent service. You have to pay extra for parking, but the car park is right next to the hotel so no problem. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
KimThyer, Administrator at Hilton Bath City, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your comments on this website I wanted to personally reply and thank you for your feedback.

I appreciate all your positive feedback following your recent stay at the Hilton Bath City I will ensure your kind comments are passed to the team.

I note your comments regarding no mini bar being available in your room. Our four Suites within the hotel come with complimentary mini bars for guests. Fridges are available upon request from our Housekeeping Department.

I note your comments stating that the barman was unattentive. We pride ourselves on our customer service at Hilton Bath City, and I can certainly say this is not indicative of our usual standard. As with any complaint/feedback, I can assure you this will be communicated to all staff involved, so that they may learn from this situation. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Bath City and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 October 2012

amazing location for your shopping, clubbing, dinner needs. fab staff, clean and tidy, and very nice late night bar, very good prices too. suprisingly cheapest hotel we could find!!!! however only thing was the rooms were very dated, surprised for a hilton, so an amazing room for the girls to share for a spot of night life but not a romantic room for a couple to spend the night

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Sir/Madam

I appreciate your comments relating to your bedroom decor. We have undergone a major refurbishment in most of our rooms and recently completed the installation of air-conditioning throughout all bedrooms. We are continually monitoring and addressing individual bedroom decor requirements.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

As a Hilton Diamond member, I stay in many hiltons in the UK and overseas.

My last 3 reviews of Hilton properties in London and NYC were scathing of these units and I generally felt that they underperformed as compared from what I expected from Hilton Group.

Hilton Bath has restored my belief that Hiltons can offer something close to their relatively higherer pricing compared to other Chains.

This property is very well located in Bath City within minutes walking of the center of the town. [This location is also a disadvantage since it cost me Stg£15 to park in the car park below the hotel].

There is no executive lounge here but I was upgraded to a suite and all the fittings that ought to be in this room were there [robes and oversized toiletries].

The famous baths are only 3 mins walk away.

There is a quality feel to the interior of this hotel compared to some dated and cheaper fittings you can get in Regional UK Hiltons.

There was an issue with building noise at 10pm and I called reception who seemed to be well versed in teh ongoging work and when it would stop. I mentioned this again at check out and received without asking, a small goodwill credit on the invoice.

I'd rate this hotel 5 out of 5 but deduct 1 because

Charge for car parking [stg£15]
No exec lounge for Hiilton Gold/Diamond
stg£139 is slightly more that what I'd expect to pay plus parking

Even at 4 out of 5, It is a nice property and I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: At rear for a river view and a bit quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EuroTravellerPG
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I had been looking forward to my stay at the Hilton Bath for a mini break with my mother this weekend. I booked the Hilton as it carries a reputation for a good quality service and something slightly more luxurious than the norm, however, I was pretty unimpressed to find that after spending £350 on a room for 2 nights I was expected to pay £14.99 for wi-fi and £12.00 for breakfast.

I won't be booking Hilton again and I will be advising my work colleagues of the same. These petty extra charges are stingy, stink of a budget/cheap penny pinching company culture that can only be likened to that of Ryanair.

I hope they have to good sense to review some of these charges before people start to realise they will get a better service elsewhere.

Jane

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane F
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Hotel is undergoing restauration. Ground floor with lobby, bar, restaurant etc. as well at 1st. floor where I stayed looked recently renovated.

I was given a room that was very small. I later learned that this was a "compact room" the smllest they have. As I had not done the booking myself, i did not reflect on any upgrade that may have been available. Apart from the size, the room was OK.

Breakfast was very english, meaning excellent eggs, bacon, sausages etc. and pastries with marmelade, cereals and yoghurt. But as Scadinavians we missed more cold cuts of meat or fish and cheeses to chose from. Otherwise good service at breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Sir/Madam

I note your comment in regards to the size of your room. The hotel was built in 1974, and the standard of hotel room layout has dramatically changed over the last 30 years. We have a fantastic location, but are limited due to the size of our building. I can assure you our newer deluxe rooms are larger in size (these were added in 1990).